Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

15 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Not looking great. I so did not want a song about American politics. It is the last thing she needs.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/madonna-eurovision-production-said-fighting-over-song-choice/

I don’t think it will be about American Politics...

My prediction is that the song deals with inclusion and diversity, which is suggested by the casting of drag queens for the video. And I’m so here for it! 

2 hours ago, hawes-king said:

I’m all for Madonna pushing peoples buttons that’s why I’ve been a fan for 25 years, but it can also back fire on her we all want this new era to be successful and EV was a brilliant platform to start the era off but if the music isn’t going to played because of the overcharged political statements then we are going to be in for an unsuccessful era.

I think ultimately it could go both ways, judging from her career and I will say it again: it would all come down to the music itself. LAP with its sexual/religious controversy was a great success, because the song itself was an earworm and you simply couldn't dislike it. Its just this uplifting and tender masterpiece. AL the song was a mediocre (bordering to bad) song nowhere near LAP or her other leads. So it was obvious it would bomb. For both those eras she was coming off a hugely successful previous eras so they are definitely comparable. So if the song is not strong enough, anthemic, uplifting etc. it would flop. If its among her best, it wont. Its that simple.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

I think ultimately it could go both ways, judging from her career and I will say it again: it would all come down to the music itself. LAP with its sexual/religious controversy was a great success, because the song itself was an earworm and you simply couldn't dislike it. Its just this uplifting and tender masterpiece. AL the song was a mediocre (bordering to bad) song nowhere near LAP or her other leads. So it was obvious it would bomb. For both those eras she was coming off a hugely successful previous eras so they are definitely comparable. So if the song is not strong enough, anthemic, uplifting etc. it would flop. If its among her best, it wont. Its that simple.

I completely agree. If the song is really good, nothing else will matter. If it's just  okayish then it'll flop with or without controversy.

I doubt lyrics are controversial. So maybe Madonna tones down some visual and everything will be alright. 

Has Madonna ever released a controversial LYRIC? I don't recall she being banned from radios.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I doubt lyrics are controversial. So maybe Madonna tones down some visual and everything will be alright. 

Has Madonna ever released a controversial LYRIC? I don't recall she being banned from radios.

Well, AL was banned from radios but because of the video only, as the song itself has barely anything political to it. I personally don't like political art and music, so I'm hoping her new material leans more towards the emotional life and imagination, but I can see a lot of people crave political songs from her or are very excited about that prospect. Maybe it's time for her to do that, who knows. It would be a terrible shame if she had to cancel her Eurovision performance though...

2 hours ago, hawes-king said:

That’s fair enough but for those who want her to still be successful and get those chart positions, streams and beat the records then unfortunately this may not be the way to get them. If it’s purely for ‘TheArtist’ then Madonna should do what she wants to do she always has and it used to work but May not work this time around 

Their paradise  s not  for me

Respect

44 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

does anybody think this is just a publicity stunt lol the controversy etc to get ppl watching 

It would be a good idea to get people watching but I doubt she could just make up articles and stuff to create a hype. Probably the article is true.

3 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

It would be a good idea to get people watching but I doubt she could just make up articles and stuff to create a hype. Probably the article is true.

it will be true but prob signed and her request was total artistic freedom so 

sorry  but :((( I really really don't want no political drama at eurovision, no one but her hardcore fans are here for that... and tbh it's 99% likely going to be about some issue she has addressed before a thousand times over...

14 hours ago, humanracin said:

We all know if they tell her not to do something that she'll do it anyway and in an even more dramatic way.

Bring it!

Oh and so first single mid-late April confirmed?

"Ynet explains that a song that is set to be released by Madonna next month could cause political controversey."

https://eurovoix.com/2019/03/13/eurovision19-production-team-unsure-regarding-madonnas-planned-performance/

NEXT MONTH?????

omg :tigger:

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Not looking great. I so did not want a song about American politics. It is the last thing she needs.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/madonna-eurovision-production-said-fighting-over-song-choice/

I feel exactly the opposite. She should go all out and make a statement so long as it's part of a great song. I hope the organisers of Eurovision don't blow it. 15 minutes of Madonna at Eurovision would be heaven!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, loowee said:

I’m starting to think the disco lead single is actually “Killers” from the tracklist? @robster‘s source singled out the song saying how great it was, and the title definitely seems related to the alleged “stonewall/cops” concept of the music video. 

Hmmm.....maybe it's a statement about police brutality. I can definitely see how naming a song called "Killers" about police brutality could be controversial. That's definitely a hot topic in the US.

I've pretty much given up on the idea of Madonna having a hit. It's just not a likely thing. She could release LAP with a "nice" video of children dancing into the sunset being blessed by angels and it still would barely make a dent in 2019. It's an uphill battle as far as that goes. If it happens, then awesome! Would love to see her top the charts again. It's ok to be optimistic but let's not be unrealistic about the circumstances here. The good thing about that is, what does she have to lose really? She should just go for it, balls to the wall I say. 

I know we know little to nothing here, but it sounds like she's covering all bases.....she has her "disco" solo, controversial lead single to cover the "artistic" side of things.....and then there's the Maluma collab to cover the "commercial" side of things. Then again, she worked with Ricky Martin at the peak of his fame and the song was never even released as a single. I'm just expecting the unexpected here. 

54 minutes ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

unfortunately, if she criticizes Isreal she'll be labeled anti-semetic despite the right wing govt there and apartheid of arabs. I rather she perform 'Sex' and pull out a titty

she wont critisize israel 

50 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

she loves Israel

anyway who cares if it's controversial, she has nothing to lose anyways

Exactly. Some of these Moan of Arc-ers act like she’s some new girl next door artist hoping to make it big and become America’s sweetheart. 

43 minutes ago, Magician said:

Exactly. Some of these Moan of Arc-ers act like she’s some new girl next door artist hoping to make it big and become America’s sweetheart. 

sales are shitty anyways (with everyone). She should GO FULL SHOCK mode!!!!

I'm leaning towards this actually not happening. But if it doesn't happen because of Madonna and her song choice I'm actually going to be mad.  If it doesn't happen because it was all just rumors to begin with then I'll be fine .  I just don't want to be so close to happening and then not because of a dispute.