Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

With everything currently happening in Israel, I really do hope she uses this as a moment to protest the current racist administration if she does take the offer.

It's killing me how much is happening behind the scenes but everyday is a day closer to an official announcement I guess 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

:lol:

That's our girl!! We (and the rest of the world) are so not ready for this era. I feel like we are about to have our worlds ROCKED!

Omg, what if it’s Forbidden Love with the COADF choreo!?!?!?!

1 hour ago, robster said:

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Madonnas-Eurovision-participation-unclear-after-controversial-song-choice-583300?fbclid=IwAR1ygM2QyEnMmF_TjD9QnzwJjmIK7uB4eTaTXDP2CqjgX13ywaX7qL1pWtc

Madonna's Eurovision participation unclear after controversial song choice

Madonna's participation in the Eurovision competition is currently unclear after production officials reviewed the song list the singer was preparing to work off of and found one of the songs to be inappropriate for the their audience and expected atmosphere of the competition, according to Ynet. A new replacement song has not yet surfaced, and it is unclear if one will.

A number of sources located within the Eurovision contest itself expressed their dismay with the intended performance of the song, while other demanded for artistic freedom to be respected and to leave the choice up to Madonna herself. The director general of the broadcasting company is in favor of the latter and directed production not to interfere with her artistic expression. Meanwhile, Israeli media unofficially reported that Madonna filmed a political advertisement which would "lead to controversy." It is unclear if this is in any relation to the controversial song choice.

:((((((( yikes

16 minutes ago, strepentijger said:

It's not allowed to make political statements in ESC for the general songs so i think this rule also counts for Madonna.

Eurovision 2016: Ukraine's Jamala wins with politically charged 1944

4 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

rumour is it she is going to sing hey you followed by john lennons imagine following her new single feturing malumu “ lick it good “

can t wait for the twins to join her  on stage too

1 hour ago, sotos8 said:

Exactly. This was ALL about politics. Could  they be any more hypocritical? So who is blocking this? The ESC director or the Israeli hosts? 

9 hours ago, Acediace said:

so it's been reported in Israel now that her appearance in the Eurovision might not happen because of the songs she decided to play during the performance and that one of them is a new one that apparently is very political and controversial... the heads of the corporation that in charge of this year Eurovision don't want to mess with her choices but someone in the production against the song or something

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Madonnas-Eurovision-participation-unclear-after-controversial-song-choice-583300

:thumbsdown:

If that really is the reason, then fuck Eurovision & fuck the local committee.

yes to all of this. Bring back button pushing Madonna especially during this environment when you have to be holier than thou (SJWs) or you can just be an open racist (insert current fascist group / party here). 

Magic makes the people come together yeah! Magic makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel never gonna stop

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

Exactly. This was ALL about politics. Could  they be any more hypocritical? So who is blocking this? The ESC director or the Israeli hosts? 

from what I understand from the reports here in Isreal it's not the Israeli host team that's making the problem. The head of the Israeli corporation that in charge of this year event dont want to interfere with her choices but the European Eurovision corporation are having a problem with the song because its political or something. he said that eventually, it will be their choice...

3 hours ago, sotos8 said:

The Ukraine and the ESC declared that the lyrics were "not political, but a purely personal memory". It was a lie, as everyone knew - but it worked perfectly as a political statement. The Ukraine's win was surely no magic (or special artistically) moment in the history of the ESC. 

3 hours ago, sotos8 said:

O yes that's true i forgot about that one, so then i must be wrong.....

Edited by strepentijger

We all know if they tell her not to do something that she'll do it anyway and in an even more dramatic way.

Bring it!

Oh and so first single mid-late April confirmed?

"Ynet explains that a song that is set to be released by Madonna next month could cause political controversey."

https://eurovoix.com/2019/03/13/eurovision19-production-team-unsure-regarding-madonnas-planned-performance/

3 minutes ago, humanracin said:

We all know if they tell her not to do something that she'll do it anyway and in an even more dramatic way.

Bring it!

"Ynet explains that a song that is set to be released by Madonna next month could cause political controversey."

https://eurovoix.com/2019/03/13/eurovision19-production-team-unsure-regarding-madonnas-planned-performance/

Yaaaas!

28 minutes ago, humanracin said:

Bring it!

I feel relieved 🙂

4 hours ago, trickyricky said:

yup she is going to debut them at eurovision as they have never been seen before 

We heard it first 

#soon

I’m starting to think the disco lead single is actually “Killers” from the tracklist? @robster‘s source singled out the song saying how great it was, and the title definitely seems related to the alleged “stonewall/cops” concept of the music video. 

1 hour ago, loowee said:

I’m starting to think the disco lead single is actually “Killers” from the tracklist? @robster‘s source singled out the song saying how great it was, and the title definitely seems related to the alleged “stonewall/cops” concept of the music video. 

Yeah Killers or maybe Extreme Occident? that sounds political too...

I’m all for Madonna pushing peoples buttons that’s why I’ve been a fan for 25 years, but it can also back fire on her we all want this new era to be successful and EV was a brilliant platform to start the era off but if the music isn’t going to played because of the overcharged political statements then we are going to be in for an unsuccessful era.

5 minutes ago, hawes-king said:

I’m all for Madonna pushing peoples buttons that’s why I’ve been a fan for 25 years, but it can also back fire on her we all want this new era to be successful and EV was a brilliant platform to start the era off but if the music isn’t going to played because of the overcharged political statements then we are going to be in for an unsuccessful era.

Who cares , we  stan TheArtist not  a corporate mainstream confort zone puppet

1 hour ago, idro said:

Who cares , we  stan TheArtist not  a corporate mainstream confort zone puppet

That’s fair enough but for those who want her to still be successful and get those chart positions, streams and beat the records then unfortunately this may not be the way to get them. If it’s purely for ‘TheArtist’ then Madonna should do what she wants to do she always has and it used to work but May not work this time around