Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

54 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

if madonna can deliver something epic like superbowl or even live earth then it will be great 

35 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

It will be. 

77A4D568-405A-45C6-9E19-F9CFC870C77A.gif

For sure.  Madonna always delivers in big events.  Even though she admits she is so nervous,  she is such an incredible and innovative performer and shines.   Being a complete professional who always wants perfection and rehearses to make things of the best standard possible is such a fantastic trait.  Never does Madonna just wing it or accept mediocrity in performances.  Why she wows everyone every single time she does a big event. 

40 minutes ago, iasonas said:

Eurovision is way more relevant worldwide than the Superbowl. It is huge in Europe and Australia. In Australia they get up at 5am to watch it.

Love watching it so early live and the last years laughing with the European members here on Madonnanation in the Eurovision thread.  Last year though I was sick but set my alarm, got up and promptly fell asleep in the recliner :doh: won't do that again. It is a blast because it is both dramatic and hilarious. Feels like I am watching it with friends from all around the globe with the people on Madonnanation. Love it. 

lf Madonna is on it this year, we all we be watching it live. The forum will be rocking and all the American members will discover Eurovision too. 

@Jazzy Jan I was actually wanting to ask this a couple of times, but forgot - what is the standing with Eurovision in Australia? I know it‘s popular, but is it because there’s a loyal big fanbase and followers over there, or is it more of a general appeal in the broader public?

14 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Love watching it so early live and the last years laughing with the European members here on Madonnanation in the Eurovision thread.  Last year though I was sick but set my alarm, got up and promptly fell asleep in the recliner :doh: won't do that again. It is a blast because it is both dramatic and hilarious. Feels like I am watching it with friends from all around the globe with the people on Madonnanation. Love it. 

lf Madonna is on it this year, we all we be watching it live. The forum will be rocking and all the American members will discover Eurovision too. 

Many Australians wake up to watch it? The hosts of the show make it sound like all of Australia is up watching at 5am.

In the US and Canada some gay bars have started paying attention in the last few years. Last year I watched it at a gay bar in New York City and it was packed. With Madonna performing most gay bars would do something for sure.

The most important part is the every single person that watches Eurovision could be a potential ticket and album buyer whereas the people who watch the Superbowl don't necessarily care enough about pop stars to spend money on them.

1 hour ago, Nonoka said:

@Jazzy Jan I was actually wanting to ask this a couple of times, but forgot - what is the standing with Eurovision in Australia? I know it‘s popular, but is it because there’s a loyal big fanbase and followers over there, or is it more of a general appeal in the broader public?

It has a huge following in Australia that is growing more and more. It was a cult event for years, due to many Europeans living in Australia.  Then it got more and more attention and SBS television promoted it heavily and it took off more.  Due to the final's time - always early Sunday morning, many had Eurovision parties but some also avoided the news and watched it that night on delay at 6 pm, pretending it is live.  It has a lot of love here and a lot of fans that are growing at a rapid rate. 

For years it was a running joke that Australia should compete but nobody dreamed it would be possible.  Australians love being a part of Europe now :lmao: 

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It has a huge following in Australia that is growing more and more. It was a cult event for years, due to many Europeans living in Australia.  Then it got more and more attention and SBS television promoted it heavily and it took off more.  Due to the final's time - always early Sunday morning, many had Eurovision parties but some also avoided the news and watched it that night on delay at 6 pm, pretending it is live  It has a lot of love here and a lot of fans that are growing at a rapid rate. 

For years it was a running joke that Australia should compete but nobody dreamed it would be possible.  Australians love being a part of Europe now :lmao: 

plus, we are this year having our own tv competition to pick the Australian act, so it will get even more attention in the lead up.

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

plus, we are this year having our own tv competition to pick the Australian act, so it will get even more attention in the lead up.

Yes. I love Kate Miller Heidke - big fan of hers - so going to vote for her to represent us. 

17 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

Isaiah's Don't Come Easy was one of my faves from last years. :chuckle:

:lol:. Glad you loved it.,

Australia almost won with the glorious Dami Im.  I was so dissapointed she lost that year - came second. If Australian ever does win, we get to choose which country hosts it the next year because it is too expensive for all the countries in Europe to fly  everybody, their staging, crew etc to Australia. Plus all those wind machines :lmao:

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes. I love Kate Miller Heidke - big fan of hers - so going to vote for her to represent us. 

I like Alfie Arcuri, as he's a family friend, but Kate def has the better song.

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It has a huge following in Australia that is growing more and more. It was a cult event for years, due to many Europeans living in Australia.  Then it got more and more attention and SBS television promoted it heavily and it took off more.  Due to the final's time - always early Sunday morning, many had Eurovision parties but some also avoided the news and watched it that night on delay at 6 pm, pretending it is live.  It has a lot of love here and a lot of fans that are growing at a rapid rate. 

Thanks for explaining!

Haha, that's amazing. Maybe you can come join the EU too now that Britain is leaving us :wink:

Re/ the topic - when are we supposed to get the confirmation again? How did they do this in past years? Only close to the event or do they announce it a few months earlier à la the Superbowl?

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Remember this song was so popular when it won 

Ugh, that fake whatever accent... 2010 was one bad year full of this head ache inducing song. 

Look what she is doing now, just another Instagram skeleton a.k.a. influencer  :lmao:

482c5f7357c843a16fd78fb006fbcc69.jpg

8 hours ago, Nonoka said:

Re/ the topic - when are we supposed to get the confirmation again? How did they do this in past years? Only close to the event or do they announce it a few months earlier à la the Superbowl?

Some years, the interval acts are announced several months ahead of the shows - other times, they're announced only a week before.

20 hours ago, iasonas said:

The most important part is the every single person that watches Eurovision could be a potential ticket and album buyer whereas the people who watch the Superbowl don't necessarily care enough about pop stars to spend money on them.

This.

22 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

What Madonna did for the Super Bowl Halftime Show worldwide, she'll do for Eurovision in the US!

You've sent shivers up my spine just thinking on it. Yay