Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

48 minutes ago, Like2Watch said:

i'd like to keep the EUROvision Song Contest an European affair. No American cultural imperialism here, no million dollar $tagings, thank you very much.

This rumor of Madonna performing at the ESC is fake news anyway. M would never.

Even without m it's still million dollar staging apart from Portugal last year. 

I'm truly baffled by fans on madonna forums. "Where is she we need new music I wonder what she will do to launch it, needs to be fresh and different" 

Madonna rumoured at Eurovision 

"Ugh no thank you"

Glad this is happening after being rumored for years. Eurovision is as camp as christmas and the only event in the gay calander I look forward to.

She may as well re-kindle connections with Junior Vasquez and let him whip up a studio version for a live performance, keep the grills too and y'know what...lots and lots of booty shaking and religious icons because it's Tel Aviv and she'll be with her Kaballah crew

9 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Glad this is happening after being rumored for years. Eurovision is as camp as christmas and the only event in the gay calander I look forward to.

She may as well re-kindle connections with Junior Vasquez and let him whip up a studio version for a live performance, keep the grills too and y'know what...lots and lots of booty shaking and religious icons because it's Tel Aviv and she'll be with her Kaballah crew

Last thing Madonna needs is tired trends of grills and booty shaking. Leave the twerking to the mundane ,talentless uninspired pop stars who are not dancers or great performers. Madonna has talent, is a classically trained beautiful dancer and does not need booty shaking like 3 quarters of the generic pop girls do. She is above that. 

3 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Of course she's above that. I was being sarcastic about that part.... 

Sorry,  did not pick up you were being sarcastic.  

Looking forward to a full on magnificent performance.  Her performance almost a year back at the Met Ball was incredible and think she can do something similar but on a bigger budget for Eurovision.  Will wow the world. 

4 hours ago, Like2Watch said:

i'd like to keep the EUROvision Song Contest an European affair. No American cultural imperialism here, no million dollar $tagings, thank you very much.

This rumor of Madonna performing at the ESC is fake news anyway. M would never.

I hope this is sarcasm, I'm pretty sure it must be. Madonna is one of the most cosmopolitan, sophisticated artists I know and she has worked with European artists on so many occasions in her career. Her work is full of European influences. She's ANYTHING but an 'American cultural imperialist' (I'm just realizing, this sounds a lot like the Soviet Union :crazy:)

Of course her work is full of european influences but she's still an american culture symbol anywhere in the world simply because she is american. That is also true !

3 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

Madonna is literally one of the best selling females in pretty much every European country, several generations have grown up with her music, she belongs there.

Totally agree !

3 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

Madonna is literally one of the best selling females in pretty much every European country, several generations have grown up with her music, she belongs there.

One of?  I think she IS the best selling female artist in every major European country except France

Damn Celine...

Get over it people. Eurovision for all its faults is the most watched show on earth with the biggest audience. I am sure she will have some promos in the US, but she does not need to. Why should she concentrate on the US when she can have the world

Madonna doesn't need to promote in the USbecause they don't care about her (ageism). In fact, she never need them. She's sold more in european market.

I believe the Eurovision performance's will be a huge promotion around Europe.

Yes if Eurovision rumours are real this will work . This could be hung up 2 . She just needs to not fuck Up and do a great performance but subtle aka Jimmy Fallon borderline . No need for USA , they haven’t supported her since  Music 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Madonna doesn't need to promote in the USbecause they don't care about her (ageism). In fact, she never need them. She's sold more in european market.

No she's only the most successful female singles act and second biggest selling female albums artist, after Streisand who released 5 times as many albums, in the US

That's all...

Shell do Eurovision and then do promo in the US, she's always promoted in the US, you sound ridiculous...

56 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Yes if Eurovision rumours are real this will work . This could be hung up 2 . She just needs to not fuck Up and do a great performance but subtle aka Jimmy Fallon borderline . No need for USA , they haven’t supported her since  Music 

Confessions was successful in the US, her two biggest selling singles in the US were post Music, Hung Up and 4 Minutes, her biggest selling US Single ever, not to mention her huge tour box office in the US or her 5 consecutive #1 albums on the Billboard charts in the 2000s or the fact that she was Billboard's #1 selling singles artist if the entire 2000s decade.  US radio hasn't really supported her since Music but she's had TONS of #1 selling singles and albums in the US in the 2000s post Music years...

But yes, she's always been bigger in Europe despite also being huge in the US, that's Madonna

1 hour ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

the usa have black listed madonna countless times they dont approciate her shes too much for them always has been let her be loved in europe , the usa can keep taylor swift 

When do we find out if she is definitely performing at Eurovision ?   I love big Madonna performances such as Super Bowl, Oscars, Live Aid, Charity events etc. She always delivers in a fantastic way and shows the world what a true superstar and brilliant entertainer is. 

Will be fun to see our American members discover Eurovision. I predict they will love it !  

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

When do we find out if she is definitely performing at Eurovision ?   I love big Madonna performances such as Super Bowl, Oscars, Live Aid, Charity events etc. She always delivers in a fantastic way and shows the world what a true superstar and brilliant entertainer is. 

Will be fun to see our American members discover Eurovision. I predict they will love it !  

this week i think 

1 hour ago, Sideris said:

Justin’s performance was announced one week before the grand final 

I'd assume even if they sign the deal this week, there's still lots of things to sort out before its guaranteed to happen.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:20 AM, Music said:

The album will not only be Portuguese inspired, but there will be portuguese musicians/artists on it. If it's the case, it won't be cultural appropriation...

I had been thinking that all this will shut up the SJWs, since her culture is Italian, so Portugal shouldn't be a big deal. 

I agree that she should focus more on Europe and other parts of the world rather then the US for this new era.

The US don't "get her" in my opinion.

Look at the enormous world wide success of Confessions and Hung up everywhere but in the US.

Europe, South America and Asia have huge respect for her, she just need focus a bit more on those markets.

The last three albums have been more or less American sounding with rappers and rnb- influences and it hasn't gotten her anywhere in the American market that's why it's so exciting that she is now inspired by other cultures again.

America turned it's back on her with the release of American life that was deemed anti american and they haven't given her proper respect since.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:09 AM, loowee said:

Oh please who gives a fuck about Eurovision’s tackiness. It’s basically the biggest TV exposure anyone can get (even bigger than SB). M needs this platform to launch her new music/tour.

Exactly. If her performance is of a certain caliber and she makes herself newsworthy, the exposure worldwide in addition to the fact that everything she does gets talked about, if not necessarily out of popularity then out of legendary notoriety, is about as impactful as she can hope for. And to those saying that no one knows what Eurovision is in a America, I am American, and I witnessed the majority of online news sites increasingly feature talk of Eurovision In recent years. Every year they report on who won. Maybe we just don’t visit the same news portals? It isn’t about public interest...most of what appears online isn’t interesting to people. It’s space filler, and the press sees their role as being to dictate public interest. 

I can also see that the potential to push the ABBA origins could be a great way of distinguishing Madonna from the trash of the competition itself! I mean, in addition to the Lottery Show in 98 she was dancing with dancing with Star Academy contestants on French TV in 2005. 

Basically, when Madonna wants a hit she goes for the biggest audience, and it’s worked in the past.