Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

6 hours ago, T0pher said:

the only time I've ever heard of Eurovision is on this forum and the rumours regarding. no one here knows what the hell it is or cares about it

Yeah. Same for me. I've only heard about it on this forum.

8 hours ago, Mensch said:

No one in America has even heard about it. It made a bit of press with the last winner but it’s not on any cable network or basic channel. 

Poor American people! It is so great! 

I mean, where else can you have a collection of divas, air machines, mega gays, grandmas playing drums and clothes vanishing to reveal underpants? No wonder RuPaul had to invent that program of hers, you were really ORPHAN! 

One very important thing about Eurovision is the technology. Every year there's some new twist on performing and Madonna would have an opportunity to make something really special. That stage is unique and there's no other stage like that in the world. 

14 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Poor American people! It is so great! 

I mean, where else can you have a collection of divas, air machines, mega gays, grandmas playing drums and clothes vanishing to reveal underpants? No wonder RuPaul had to invent that program of hers, you were really ORPHAN! 

One very important thing about Eurovision is the technology. Every year there's some new twist on performing and Madonna would have an opportunity to make something really special. That stage is unique and there's no other stage like that in the world. 

:lmao:also a naked man howling with a wolf,  buxom women washing clothes and churning cheese instead of background dancers and opera and pop combined in one song.  American members, prepare to fall in love with Eurovision. 

O'h and yodelling used to perfection in a pop song.  Bring it on 

11 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:lmao:also a naked man howling with a wolf,  buxom women washing clothes and churning cheese instead of background dancers and opera and pop combined in one song.  American members, prepare to fall in love with Eurovision. 

O'h and yodelling used to perfection in a pop song.  Bring it on 

How boring Cuntga and Yonka are compared to Eurovision acts 

It's on logo in the US. MIchelle visage and some queens to the commentating. It's Graham Norton here in the UK. 

Even the fact she's there is a statement. THE gay icon at the gay Olympics. in Europe we have parties at homes. Bars play it. It's a huge event. She's after the gays and Europeans this year. She will SLAY. 

Also people saying it's beneath her cos it's cheesy... You have seen some of her performances right? Haha X 

Eurovision promo = easy concert sellouts of European/Australian legs = higher budget for tour production. She might also finally get another global hit if the lead single is killer material. I can wait for these three months if they are actually working on this smart game plan (with another lead single for the latin market).

btw, what do you expect her to perform?

La Isla Bonita + New Single (the disco track)?

Hung Up + New Single?

Like A Prayer + New Single?

Candy Shop + New Single?

40 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And nobody is going to comment that Eurovision gave this WONDERFUL performances too? 

In my view this is one of the best songs + performance I have ever seen. It reminded me of ROL the album somehow. Goosebumps!!! I knew since I saw her that this is the winner!!!

I d lke Madonna to do something similar.

Each year there are some great songs and performances, but also lots of cheesefest. Its basically everything. Last year I thought Austria had the most classy performance and song:

Effortlessly cool. It managed to get to N3.

10 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Even the fact she's there is a statement. THE gay icon at the gay Olympics. in Europe we have parties at homes. Bars play it. It's a huge event. She's after the gays and Europeans this year. She will SLAY. 

I know right? It seems like they actually know what they're doing this time around, aiming to revitalize her core target audience. 

Eurovision + Disco New Single = European market / Balding Gays

Latin sound + Songs featuring Anitta/Maluma = Latin market / Streaming numbers

The Madonna Renaissance is happening this year. Mark my words.  

7 minutes ago, loowee said:

I know right? It seems like they actually know what they're doing this time around, aiming to revitalize her core target audience. 

Eurovision + Disco New Single = European market / Balding Gays

Latin sound + Songs featuring Anitta/Maluma = Latin market / Streaming numbers

The Madonna Renaissance is happening this year. Mark my words.  

Just no damn CAPES 

7 minutes ago, loowee said:

Eurovision promo = easy concert sellouts of European/Australian legs = higher budget for tour production. She might also finally get another global hit if the lead single is killer material. I can wait for these three months if they are actually working on this smart game plan (with another lead single for the latin market).

btw, what do you expect her to perform?

La Isla Bonita + New Single (the disco track)?

Hung Up + New Single?

Like A Prayer + New Single?

Candy Shop + New Single?

As I said many times it will all depend on the single: if its a huge, great song, it could revive her career as a hit single artist in Europe/AUS. If its not, we will be lucky to have a RH era success.

What I want her to perform? HU + disco-electro single

What will we get in reality? LAP + a new single or Music +a new single

@karbatal I already posted Euphoria on the last page, but yes that one is stunning from beginning to end and nothing short of art.

Those many vids posted here really show the ‚bad‘ reputation Eurovision gets from many isn‘t quite fair, actually - lots of strong performances that outweigh the cheesy ones, esp. in the last couple of years.

If M performed on the National Lottery (during her ‚serious‘ ROL era, mind you), she sure as hell isn‘t doing a bad decision to present her music there. 

6 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

@karbatal I already posted Euphoria on the last page, but yes that one is stunning from beginning to end and nothing short of art.

Those many vids posted here really show the ‚bad‘ reputation Eurovision gets from many isn‘t quite fair, actually - lots of strong performances that outweigh the cheesy ones, esp. in the last couple of years.

If M performed on the National Lottery (during her ‚serious‘ ROL era, mind you), she sure as hell isn‘t doing a bad decision to present her music there. 

Yes, I saw you posted Euphoria. Great great song. Love it. 

Even the craziest performances - they mainly all still have talent and stage craft. That yodelling girl for example and the falsetto guy that rose up and up could both sing and knew how to work a stage.  Way out but part of the wacky, fun entrants that people can laugh at with fun and abandon. Also,  many great songs every year too though. The singers often have more stage awareness and presence than some of the current pop superstars.  

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

And nobody is going to comment that Eurovision gave this WONDERFUL performances too? 

Last year's Bulgaria 

This was really creative 

Conchita

Amazing camera work. The ones taping Madonna's concerts could learn a thing or two. Also brilliant staging a lighting.

The fact that she was asked to perform there with so much money just shows how incredibly relevant she still is. Eurovision is a circus but a immense promotion for her. Great news indeed! 

these are my two favourite performances from ESC - one for the song, and one for the completely over the top camp eurotrash performance.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Last year's Bulgaria 

This was really creative 

Conchita

Mans Zermerlow is gorgeous ❤️❤️❤️

11 hours ago, Mensch said:

It was a thing pre-Janet Justin nipple hate, then it became tame and no one cared. Since M brought back the star power of it, it’s a thing again and yet no one has topped it to her level

Nobody cares about the superbowl or American football outside of the US and maybe Canada. Madonna's performance on it and some others have gathered attention just because of their star power but if it wasn't for them the "event" would be nothing more than a footnote on the sports section of the news.

I think most Americans are completely oblivious of how little relevance the Superbowl has outside their country. 

I’m sorry but that Opera singer from Estonia last year rocked my world. There are so many great songs and performances every year that I don’t really understand when people scream “It’s cheesy!!!”. Sure it used to be horrible in the past, especially in the 90s and early 00s but since a few years it’s a competition of strong pop songs which are sometimes better than what’s being played on (US) radio. 

I think it would be a fantastic opportunity for M to show the world that she is still the 👑