Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

1 hour ago, Herfaceremains said:

Everyone in America knows what Eurovision is if they go on the Internet. We don’t watch it, but we hear about it. If there was a viral moment, it would register with everyone online for at least a 12 hour news cycle. That’s massive in this retarded era of integrated numbskull attention spans. 

the only time I've ever heard of Eurovision is on this forum and the rumours regarding. no one here knows what the hell it is or cares about it

1 hour ago, Magician said:

Who cares about it being cheesy and nothing in the U.S. This is very easy promo for Europe which will pack a heavy and far reaching punch there. The total audience for it in Europe is ridiculously massive and about double what the Super Bowl generates in the U.S. When she comes on to perform her set with her high production values it will really stand out. Like the Super Bowl it will educate the European general public who have been oblivious to her musician power for years and remind casual and lost fans about what she is capable of as a performer. She got universal acclaim in the U.S. for the Super Bowl and it helped her easily sell out stadiums with expensive priced tickets all over the U.S. 

Yes, if she performs on Eurovision EVERYONE around the world will talk about her. USA is so freaking behind with their Super Bowl that nobody cares about except Americans. This is exactly why I was saying that no one in US knows about Eurovision. The media here is very egotistical, self focused and ignorant when it comes to other countries and cultures. Americans, on a general scale, know nothing what goes on in other countries, except what they hear on the news, which is usually war related. 

9 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Yes, if she performs on Eurovision EVERYONE around the world will talk about her. USA is so freaking behind with their Super Bowl that nobody cares about except Americans. This is exactly why I was saying that no one in US knows about Eurovision. The media here is very egotistical, self focused and ignorant when it comes to other countries and cultures. Americans, on a general scale, know nothing what goes on in other countries, except what they hear on the news, which is usually war related. 

THIS!!! 🙌🏼 Preach!!!

24 minutes ago, T0pher said:

the only time I've ever heard of Eurovision is on this forum and the rumours regarding. no one here knows what the hell it is or cares about it

EXACTLY.  I never heard about it in my 35 year life until this forum

It's ok because I'm sure she'll do at least SOME big shows in the US too

Eurovision is tacky and awful... It doesn't deserve the Queen.

If she does do it though she will OWN it, I mean even Hey You would sound ahead of its time on Eurovision.

She'll do a new song and Hey You (2019 Euro mix)

1 hour ago, Marcello77 said:

Justin Timberlake was there in 2016 and it looks like a big event.....

Absolutely, and regardeless of what we may think of it the year he did it there were 200 million people watching...last year 186 million tuned in. With Madonna the absolute queen...they will top the 200 million mark again and then some! Fantastic exposure!! 

22 minutes ago, humanracin said:

If she does do it though she will OWN it, I mean even Hey You would sound ahead of its time on Eurovision.

The woman sung Frozen on the National Lottery, between big money numbers for crying out loud. From there, the only way is up.

15 minutes ago, Rock said:

The woman sung Frozen on the National Lottery, between big money numbers for crying out loud. From there, the only way is up.

I’m speechless! This performance is absolutely perfection and if she sung it live it would have been off the charts!

20 minutes ago, Rock said:

I know! I was just thinking of all the craziest events she’s performed at but I didn’t want to have to scour YouTube for them all to provide receipts so I just hoped someone else would mention it. 😂

1 hour ago, humanracin said:

As many have already pointed out, Eurovision can have awful performers just as much as amazing performers. It depends on a country. Each country selects a perform to represent their culture. It’s about unity! It’s about celebrating other cultures, which USA is extremely ignorant about! I say most of USA music events are beyond awful!

All we hear over here is the same shit that is overplayed on the radio: rap, more rap, and some more rap. Then it’s Gaga with her cow voice or Beyoncé with her angry voice or someone else that sounds exactly the same as the previous pretentious bitch.

Thanks to Eurovision, I’ve discovered beautiful songs in different languages, performed in unique singing fashion, which you’d NEVER hear on the American TV! One great example is a song called “Milim” by Harel Skaat.

I donno how it is in Australia, where you’re from, but If you think Eurovision is awful, you can always stick to the predictable and safe performers like Taylor Swift or the overrated Ariana Grande. 

I also think Eurovision can be pretty tacky, yet it's definitely good exposure for Madonna.

Hope it really works for her and creates strong interest and buzz.

6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Enjoy.

4 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

I know of Eurovision because of this performance

The churning part was everywhere on social media for a while in Mexico...

4 hours ago, Nonoka said:

I was just going to post the exact same video :laugh:

But let's just say there are MANY exhibits why Eurovision isn't exactly the pinnacle of high art...

BUT this is a huge part of the appeal and in between those crazy songs, you do have some really strong acts putting on great performances and presenting very good songs. IMO this, for example, is still an outstanding performance:

And of course...ABBA!

:tigger:. These outrageous acts - in between more serious acts - make Eurivision so wonderful. Just a complete smorgasbord of everything. 

Unpredictable, crazy WTF performances combined with some sad and serious songs too. Also, there are some great songs and performances every year as well. 

Eurovision has had a huge following in Australia for decades. Much prefer it to those boring music award shows where most perform exactly in the same style and all gush and cry about nothing. Totally vanilla and predictable. 

Madonna is a complete professional and the best theatrical and spectacle performer of this entire generation.  She made Super Bowl shows exciting again again after years of mediocrity and I can't wait to see what brilliance, artistry and wow factory she will bring to Eurovision 

2 hours ago, Rock said:

You only see the numbers you wanted to see

How can the lotto be what you want it to be

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

As many have already pointed out, Eurovision can have awful performers just as much as amazing performers. It depends on a country. Each country selects a perform to represent their culture. It’s about unity! It’s about celebrating other cultures, which USA is extremely ignorant about! I say most of USA music events are beyond awful!

All we hear over here is the same shit that is overplayed on the radio: rap, more rap, and some more rap. Then it’s Gaga with her cow voice or Beyoncé with her angry voice or someone else that sounds exactly the same as the previous pretentious bitch.

Thanks to Eurovision, I’ve discovered beautiful songs in different languages, performed in unique singing fashion, which you’d NEVER hear on the American TV! One great example is a song called “Milim” by Harel Skaat.

I donno how it is in Australia, where you’re from, but If you think Eurovision is awful, you can always stick to the predictable and safe performers like Taylor Swift or the overrated Ariana Grande. 

But its going down hill since all balcan countries are giving their points to each other

6 hours ago, Magician said:

Who cares about it being cheesy and nothing in the U.S. This is very easy promo for Europe which will pack a heavy and far reaching punch there. The total audience for it in Europe is ridiculously massive and about double what the Super Bowl generates in the U.S. When she comes on to perform her set with her high production values it will really stand out. Like the Super Bowl it will educate the European general public who have been oblivious to her musician power for years and remind casual and lost fans about what she is capable of as a performer. She got universal acclaim in the U.S. for the Super Bowl and it helped her easily sell out stadiums with expensive priced tickets all over the U.S. 

Exactly 

and no one cares about Super Bowels outside the USA and yet her performance made it a global thing. Catch it! 

13 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

But its going down hill since all balcan countries are giving their points to each other

Portugal only have Spain as neighbor and yet ESC's highest-scoring winner (758 points) is Portuguese. So the Balkans (and other buddy buddy regions) can have that policy of giving their points to each other, but when a song from a far-away country is good, ain't no geopolitical force that will stop it from winning.

1 hour ago, yououghttavogue said:

Does anyone know the impact Justin Timberlake's performance had on his sales/upcoming single? If the promo made his single jump to #1 then this is a very, very good thing

Well he preformed Can’t Stop the Feeling but that was already a hit before Eurovision, so it’s hard to say

3 hours ago, Katypatra said:

One of the best winning songs of ESC ever. I loved it. Though this version is not my cup of tea, to dramatic and joyless. 

2 hours ago, loowee said:

Oh please who gives a fuck about Eurovision’s tackiness. It’s basically the biggest TV exposure anyone can get (even bigger than SB). M needs this platform to launch her new music/tour.

This! 

1 minute ago, Lolo said:

One of the best winning songs of ESC ever. I loved it. Though this version is not my cup of tea, to dramatic and joyless. 

Yeah it’s also kind of long but he really shows his talent playing the violin