Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

No excuses. Just a clever cartoon. Elton just sits and the piano and sings which is perfectly OK but there is never any need for him to mime as he does not move around the stage at all.  This is what the cartoon is showing. If fans want Madonna to sing live ALL the time - every single song - don't expect her to move around or show off her fantastic dancing skills. 

meh. it just irks me because it's inaccurate... there were no singing lines in the moments she's doing acrobatic poses... I know it's more like a metaphore, and supposed to be humorous, but disagree with it. I don't think we need to justify why she lip-syncs because Vogue has always been a lip-sync song anyway, like a performance at a drag ball.

Correction required: Madonna didn’t mime Fever in The Girlie Show. I was there front row in Paris, and she isn’t miming in the recorded shows in Japan and Australia either. I believe she did playback in London one night. 

Also, we are in the Madonna section of a Madonna forum. If I want to share my belief that Beyoncé is a competent, but boring one trick pony who does little more than professional stripper moves, I will.

If I want to dismiss that formerly snout-faced, restylane addicted, pathologically disturbed fraud of a turd who has so revoltingly and transparently disrespected Madonna, and others, over and over again like some alien parasite in order to maintain even a semblance of a career for the bulk of this decade, I will.

I am so convinced that once the changing of the current media guard takes place, as it did last time around 2009, her career will be nothing more than a piss puddle of ridicule. No one with even an iota of taste and KNOWLEDGE (capitalized because it is what is wrong with her fans...like most post-millenials, they are too conceited, arrogant and LAZY to inform themselves about something that they didn’t shit out of their own asses because they were taught by their idol to be dishonest and dismissive in order to cover up their insecurities) can look at the reductive one on stage and tell me that they think she is good. No grace, no stamina, no rhythm, no style, no charm, no charisma, no authenticity. She can bellow all she wants in a desperate attempt to prove she can sing, but it doesn’t conceal any of the previously stated missing elements that make a real star. She mimes, and uses vocal backing tracks more than Madonna ever did. You wanna see Madonna uncontestedly singing every note live at her first career peak? Theres not a trace of a backing track on the WTG tour. She has all of the qualities that runt lacks. And beauty. And she’s brilliant. 

No more revisionism, please. It’s beneath Madonna, and while a healthy discussion or debate is what a forum is all about, no one should be actively seeking to diminish Madonna’s accomplishments on a Madonna forum. 

Edited by Herfaceremains

8 hours ago, functions_X said:

meh. it just irks me because it's inaccurate... there were no singing lines in the moments she's doing acrobatic poses... I know it's more like a metaphore, and supposed to be humorous, but disagree with it. I don't think we need to justify why she lip-syncs because Vogue has always been a lip-sync song anyway, like a performance at a drag ball.

I would add that  when She mimes It Is often because She wants to anche sometimes She nerds  to. There are some gruelling performances that are sung live anyway, such as EY at the Girlie show and Vogue at the SS tour. This Is the M I love. 

And the DWT was All live apart from that 1 minute miming in SFH, when She was standing still but did not Brother to sing live (no reason apparently).

8 hours ago, functions_X said:

I have to agree. Always thought that comparison is off. For all the reasons you mentioned plus the fact that she herself chose choreography over singing. And that’s just fine and most of us prefer it this way but you can’t really turn the argument around as you please.  

Can we ban the trolls? Your beyonce and gaga lip sync tons of times. I dont think they r great. Just madonna wannabes . Boring. So keep your praise parties to their garage or elsewhere. I dont wanna know your favorites. Madonna is the epitome of dance performers. She used to be  a professional dancer. No one exites me more than her by singing and dancing in live. Period. .

So dont preach

I’m new to this forum and obviously a bit late to this topic but personally I think Madonna should definitely do Eurovision. I know people worry about Eurovision being purely tacky and below her. I’ve followed it for many years and while there was a period where it did go a bit off the rails, I think it has morphed into a very diverse event where there is room for everything. Songs from every genre and songs that can’t be categorised! Seems like the perfect place for Madonna to present new work which promises to take from different genres and create a new and different sound. Having been to several finals, they are slickly run events. The stages are always amazing and Madonna could configure lighting and displays to suit whatever she would want and allow her to put on an impactful performance. Also, the atmosphere in the arenas I have been in has always been incredible, full of love, positivity and acceptance. These are precisely the human qualities that Madonna stands for and she would definitely feed off this energy to give us something very special. 

On 1/19/2019 at 7:43 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

No excuses. Just a clever cartoon. Elton just sits and the piano and sings which is perfectly OK but there is never any need for him to mime as he does not move around the stage at all.  This is what the cartoon is showing. If fans want Madonna to sing live ALL the time - every single song - don't expect her to move around or show off her fantastic dancing skills. 

Preach it!!!! 

Example: Kylie. Statue and NEVER dancing. Is nice for her but is that what we want from Madonna? NO! 

Anyway this argument lasts since the 80s. I recall a friend at school praising Whitney and commenting Madonna's vocals in the CAC live video and I pointed out how absolute still Whitney was and how different but for some people that's impossible to comprehend. 

On 1/20/2019 at 12:48 AM, Herfaceremains said:

Correction required: Madonna didn’t mime Fever in The Girlie Show. I was there front row in Paris, and she isn’t miming in the recorded shows in Japan and Australia either. I believe she did playback in London one night. 

Also, we are in the Madonna section of a Madonna forum. If I want to share my belief that Beyoncé is a competent, but boring one trick pony who does little more than professional stripper moves, I will.

If I want to dismiss that formerly snout-faced, restylane addicted, pathologically disturbed fraud of a turd who has so revoltingly and transparently disrespected Madonna, and others, over and over again like some alien parasite in order to maintain even a semblance of a career for the bulk of this decade, I will.

I am so convinced that once the changing of the current media guard takes place, as it did last time around 2009, her career will be nothing more than a piss puddle of ridicule. No one with even an iota of taste and KNOWLEDGE (capitalized because it is what is wrong with her fans...like most post-millenials, they are too conceited, arrogant and LAZY to inform themselves about something that they didn’t shit out of their own asses because they were taught by their idol to be dishonest and dismissive in order to cover up their insecurities) can look at the reductive one on stage and tell me that they think she is good. No grace, no stamina, no rhythm, no style, no charm, no charisma, no authenticity. She can bellow all she wants in a desperate attempt to prove she can sing, but it doesn’t conceal any of the previously stated missing elements that make a real star. She mimes, and uses vocal backing tracks more than Madonna ever did. You wanna see Madonna uncontestedly singing every note live at her first career peak? Theres not a trace of a backing track on the WTG tour. She has all of the qualities that runt lacks. And beauty. And she’s brilliant. 

No more revisionism, please. It’s beneath Madonna, and while a healthy discussion or debate is what a forum is all about, no one should be actively seeking to diminish Madonna’s accomplishments on a Madonna forum. 

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

BRAVO

On 1/19/2019 at 11:48 PM, Herfaceremains said:

You seem really bitter. Are you ok?

On 1/19/2019 at 10:06 AM, Edivad said:

She's started re-record old songs for miming them later in shows in 2004. Think about the vouge version from the Rit. I rarely enjoy mimed performances.

Madonna's vocals in her first two tours were 100% live. That's a claim none of the current pop princesses or those from the 00s like Beyonce and Gaga can make about theirs.

8 hours ago, Maravilla said:

You seem really bitter. Are you ok?

Oh “Maravilla”! This is called passion, not bitterness. There’s a whole rainbow of emotions out there. Never waste your time trying to qualify, and subsequently misinterpret, someone else’s. Nice try though. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:35 PM, Herfaceremains said:

Oh “Maravilla”! This is called passion, not bitterness. There’s a whole rainbow of emotions out there. Never waste your time trying to qualify, and subsequently misinterpret, someone else’s. Nice try though. 

Well said. We love passionate Madonna fans here. Good for you to defend the real history. 

Madonna is set to perform at Tel-Aviv’s Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final on May 18th, 2019, after funding of over a Million dollars was secured from the Israeli/Canadian businessman Sylvan Adams. The singer is set to sign on the deal ‘in the coming days’

https://madonnaunderground.com/madonna-is-set-to-perform-at-tel-avivs-eurovision-song-contest-grand-final-on-may-18th-2019/?fbclid=IwAR2uRxh2mAT65SzsFP2Bln9e0yeh7LZsFVjmPQ273IoAf_dToMZWSVTRnxs

If this is true, I really, really hope she sets the stage on fire. I would love her to prepare a performance which is as similar exciting and great as her superbowl performance. She needs to remind Europe that she is the queen of pop. 

14 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

They only mistook the month, not the day 

it's still just a random madonna fan on instagram saying everything we already knew except he put a number $ on it.