Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

4 hours ago, Edivad said:

I'm not trashing her, I Just find miming emberassing and fake and unprofessional and sad.

oh trust me if she had not have mimed and fucked up singing the media would have absolutely ridiculed her so i think it was wise of her to do so and she did it really well you could hardly tell she was miming 

look what they did to the black eyes peas etc 

part of me wishes she woud have sang live but she would have been ridiculed for it so

I thought Madonna's super bowl performance was iconic. Whether it was mimed or not, who cares. As said by others, it's not the first time. It's been part of her performances, dancing, mixing and art which I love love love on steroids and may she never change. 

4 hours ago, Edivad said:

She's started re-record old songs for miming them later in shows in 2004. Think about the vouge version from the Rit. I rarely enjoy mimed performances.

oh you mean the song where she does the crab walk yeah im sure she would have been able to sing perfectly for that performance 

A49FFE58-4A4D-496D-A68E-4A6E9D50E811.jpeg

2 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

oh you mean the song where she does the crab walk yeah im sure she would have been able to sing perfectly for that performance 

😂

18 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I thought Madonna's super bowl performance was iconic. Whether it was mimed or not, who cares. As said by others, it's not the first time. It's been part of her performances, dancing, mixing and art which I love love love on steroids and may she never change. 

it was iconic atleast she didnt need to try and fool a nation into thinking she jumped from the stadium roof when in reality she was just lowered down from the middle of the stadium like a certain somebody did 

Total revisionism in the negative Super Bowl talk. Ever since Madonna’s iconic performance, it’s become customary to hype the hell out of every subsequent performer, and not one has come close. And don’t give me Beyoncé as an example. She was a professional stripper the first time, and the second was pseudo-political filler, and ugly to boot. Above all, no one is ever going to get away with claiming that the unmentionable reductive one gave anything close to an outstanding performance. It was dire.

The level of professionalism and grace Madonna displayed, not only performing with a hamstring injury, but recovering extremely quickly from a near tragic misstep on the bleachers, is something I haven’t seen any other performer deliver. The limitations of the staging and dismantling windows in a massive stadium at a live event watched by an unimaginably large worldwide audience meant there were too many logistical sound risks for the type of performance Madonna was delivering. That may sound like excuses, but it’s hardly as if she has never performed live over the last forty years. We all know she has had intermittent fantastic live vocal performances and some dire  as fuck ones. It’s not some industry secret like Milli Vanilli and Black Box. Side note: that’s why she mimed without a mic at the VMA’s. She had been accused of lip syncing on the BA tour, and she was making a statement about the real industry hypocrisy...not forgetting that Paula Abdul was found to have sung over guide vocals on her album at the time too. 

Some day the generational tide will turn again, and Madonna will cease being the punching bag for others’ transgressions. I hope that’s not when she’s dead, but at the rate we are going with all this rewriting of her legacy by the media, her haters, her fans and occasionally herself, it’s becoming a rough ride. If there’s continued negativity going into her new musical project, I honestly think I will unplug and just enjoy it old school in my own world! It was always the best way! 

Edited by Herfaceremains
Typo

17 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

Total revisionism in the negative Super Bowl talk. Ever since Madonna’s iconic performance, it’s become customary to hype the hell out of every subsequent performer, and not one has come close. And don’t give me Beyoncé as an example. She was a professional stripper the first time, and the second was pseudo-political filler, and ugly to boot. Above all, no one is ever going to get away with claiming that the unmentionable reductive one gave anything close to an outstanding performance. It was dire.

The level of professionalism and grace Madonna displayed, not only performing with a hamstring injury, but recovering extremely quickly from a near tragic misstep on the bleachers, is something I haven’t seen any other performer deliver. The limitations of the staging and dismantling windows in a massive stadium at a live event watched by an unimaginably large worldwide audience meant there were too many logistical sound risks for the type of performance Madonna was delivering. That may sound like excuses, but it’s hardly as if she has never performed live over the last forty years. We all know she has had intermittent fantastic live vocal performances and some dire  as fuck ones. It’s not some industry secret like Milli Vanilli and Black Box. Side note: that’s why she mimed without a mic at the VMA’s. She had been accused of lip syncing on the BA tour, and she was making a statement about the real industry hypocrisy...not forgetting that Paula Abdul was found to have sung over guide vocals on her album at the time too. 

Some day the generational tide will turn again, and Madonna will cease being the punching bag for others’ transgressions. I hope that’s not when she’s dead, but at the rate we are going with all this rewriting of her legacy by the media, her haters, her fans and occasionally herself, it’s becoming a rough ride. If there’s continued negativity going into her new musical project, I honestly think I will unplug and just enjoy it old school in my own world! It was always the best way! 

Great post and I think I'll do the same!

35 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Great post and I think I'll do the same!

Thanks! Here’s to enjoying Madonna for what she is, was, and will be! Forever. 🥂

7 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

Thanks! Here’s to enjoying Madonna for what she is, was, and will be! Forever. 🥂

Don't worry, all this negativity towards her live shows/singing is coming from one single troll. All will be fine!

I am as obsessed with Madonna as all of you. But don’t complain about the negativity against her if you can’t speak about Lady Gaga or Beyonce without bashing them. They are fantastic performers. I’ll never like them as much as M but I can still appreciate their huge talent. 

11 minutes ago, Dams said:

I am as obsessed with Madonna as all of you. But don’t complain about the negativity against her if you can’t speak about Lady Gaga or Beyonce without bashing them. They are fantastic performers. I’ll never like them as much as M but I can still appreciate their huge talent. 

oh man, another one :lmao:

and gaga uses backing tracks and tapes just like all popgirls today. 

15 minutes ago, Dams said:

beyonce although a 1 trick pony in performance is a good performer ,gags in my opinion not so much 

1 hour ago, Dams said:

Beyonce is indeed a fantastic performer. She has charisma and she's professional. 

Gaga not so much, she's graceless, clunky and as she stated herself barely bothers rehearsing.....and it shows.....but hey she has that powerful foghorn voice to fall back on so she's always got theater when the pop thing no longer works for her in a couple years.

1 hour ago, Dams said:

:dead:   The forum is flooded

1 hour ago, Dams said:

5D3725B5-A466-4F6D-BB08-65F50A59E025.gif

505FA6D7-C3E5-4575-8F7B-7F3B3C3D7CB1.gif

4 hours ago, trickyricky said:

personally, I always found this argument ridiculous... she wasn't even miming in this position, this is before the singing part starts... there are parts of the choreography when she's just moving slowly or even standing, and she's still miming... Vogue is her miming song and there's no need to clutch at straws and make silly excuses.

2 hours ago, Dams said:

Fuck off to your crypt, you disgusting troll.

11 minutes ago, functions_X said:

personally, I always found this argument ridiculous... she wasn't even miming in this position, this is before the singing part starts... there are parts of the choreography when she's just moving slowly or even standing, and she's still miming... Vogue is her miming song and there's no need to clutch at straws and make silly excuses.

No excuses. Just a clever cartoon. Elton just sits and the piano and sings which is perfectly OK but there is never any need for him to mime as he does not move around the stage at all.  This is what the cartoon is showing. If fans want Madonna to sing live ALL the time - every single song - don't expect her to move around or show off her fantastic dancing skills. 

if we're playing the miming game she mimed/lip synced/used pre recorded tracks on some tours. 

Blond Ambition: Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Where's the Party, Now I'm Following You, Vogue

Girlie Show: Erotica, Fever, Vogue, Justify My Love, maybe Bye Bye Baby?

Drowned World: Sky Fits Heaven

Re-invention: Vogue, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day, Into the Groove, Papa Don't Preach

Confessions: Future Lovers, Sorry, Music Inferno 

S&ST she had her mic on but backing tapes during Beat Goes On, Into The Groove, Heartbeat, She's Not Me, Music & Give It 2 Me. Sometimes 4 Minutes as well

MDNA: Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Gang Bang, Hung Up, Express Yourself, GMAYL, Vogue, Celebration

For goodness sake, why are you bringing this up ? We were specifically talking about the Superbowl and per normal, people take the criticism as far as possible. Usual suspects chiming in with negative tones and articles.  

11 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

if we're playing the miming game she mimed/lip synced/used pre recorded tracks on some tours. 

Blond Ambition: Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Where's the Party, Now I'm Following You, Vogue

Girlie Show: Erotica, Fever, Vogue, Justify My Love, maybe Bye Bye Baby?

Drowned World: Sky Fits Heaven

Re-invention: Vogue, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day, Into the Groove, Papa Don't Preach

Confessions: Future Lovers, Sorry, Music Inferno 

S&ST she had her mic on but backing tapes during Beat Goes On, Into The Groove, Heartbeat, She's Not Me, Music & Give It 2 Me. Sometimes 4 Minutes as well

MDNA: Girl Gone Wild, Revolver, Gang Bang, Hung Up, Express Yourself, GMAYL, Vogue, Celebration

lots 

41 minutes ago, functions_X said:

its not a argument i just cant stand elton john lol 

Madonna is not (technically) perfect, but i dont understand the need to worry about playback. The entire RH promo tour was live, the Brits was enough proof of that. She did ENTIRE tours live from start to finish and uses a lot less pre-recorded vocals than others.

Beyonce (since someone wrote her name) is a great singer, but she mimes almost the entire show (a part from a ballad or two). Gaga....well, she basically screams the entire time over lots of backing tracks, so...

And how some people DARE come in here and disrespect and downplay Madonna IMMENSE talent as an entertainer.

Can we ban the people always bringing negativity here? i am talking about those newbies/recent posters whose sole purpose is to write negative things about Madonna. Clearly they are coming from other forums with the intention to stir shit, why keeping them?

And also those posters in the gaga thread that continuously report negative articles/threads from other forums about Madonna for the sake of bringing our mood down. Could the moderators have a look into this request? I am all for free speech but i am refraining myself from posting more because of the things i read. It is not just casual criticism towards a song or a look or a video, it is something that happens regularly and it frankly kills the mood of the forum.

17 minutes ago, TearsInHeaven said:

Can we ban the people always bringing negativity here? i am talking about those newbies/recent posters whose sole purpose is to write negative things about Madonna. Clearly they are coming from other forums with the intention to stir shit, why keeping them?

And also those posters in the gaga thread that continuously report negative articles/threads from other forums about Madonna for the sake of bringing our mood down. Could the moderators have a look into this request? I am all for free speech but i am refraining myself from posting more because of the things i read. It is not just casual criticism towards a song or a look or a video, it is something that happens regularly and it frankly kills the mood of the forum.

Always like this before a new era, though. Always the same.

We better laugh or we will cry so just take it with a grain of salt.