Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

Just now, Edivad said:

Whatever. Miming Is emberassing and ridiculous. After 30-years She didn't eventuali bother to sing. She should have dropped the microphone and Just dance, instead.

Have you missed the entire point of Superbowl and stadium performances ?   Have you ever been to theatre productions where lots of dancing is done ?  In those very performances,  the singing is dubbed so that people can enjoy spectacles and dancing while not hearing performers out of breath.   Do people look at other big spectacle stars such as MJ etc who dance a lot and comment about their live singing ?   This was a stadium performance with continual movement,  grand effects and Madonna owning the stage and screen like the superstar she is. 

I truly find this new "trashing"  of Madonna's Superbowl performance perplexing.  Everyone ( even her critics )  raved about it at the time and now all of a sudden,  it is embarrassing etc.  Also, comparing her to Britney - who mimes everything all the time is crazy and quite frankly,  offensive.  

8 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Whatever. Miming Is emberassing and ridiculous. After 30-years She didn't even bother to sing. She should have dropped the microphone and Just dance, instead.

I'd never want Madonna to be a Britney but for pop artists that dance heavily, it has it's place and in this case it works. 

And not sure if she's miming to a re-recorded version or something but LAP is most definitely NOT the album version. Also, the little OYH/EY snippet sounds live as well.

Oh and fun fact for you.....Whitney Houston is "miming" the National Anthem in her legendary 1991 performance.

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

I'd never want Madonna to be a Britney but for pop artists that dance heavily, it has it's place and in this case it works. 

And not sure if she's miming to a re-recorded version or something but LAP is most definitely NOT the album version. Also, the little OYH/EY snippet sounds live as well.

She's started re-record old songs for miming them later in shows in 2004. Think about the vouge version from the Rit. I rarely enjoy mimed performances.

8 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Oh and fun fact for you.....Whitney Houston is "miming" the National Anthem in her legendary 1991 performance.

Yes,  most of the superbowl performances have been mimed.  It is due to the sound quality of stadiums etc.  

Funnily enough,  people only choose to now point Madonna out.  Like I have said time and time again,  the trashing of Madonna is happening so much everywhere lately and even her own fans are doing it.  Going back and now criticising her acclaimed performances from her past.  Makes me very sad. 

12 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes,  most of the superbowl performances have been mimed.  It is due to the sound quality of stadiums etc.  

Funnily enough,  people only choose to now point Madonna out.  Like I have said time and time again,  the trashing of Madonna is happening so much and even her own fans are doing it.  Going back and now criticising her acclaimed performances.  Makes me very sad. 

It is particularly frustrating when it comes to the SB. I've definitely noticed it too, especially in regard to that performance. For like 2-3 days there really was a little mini "Madonna fever" moment in the US at this time and obviously it culminated with that performance and it was a moment! It was praised to the high heavens. My phone blew up with people texting me how amazing she was.....lol. Also, there was a definite shift in the way the SB show is presented as far as stage design after her performance. Beyonce, Katy etc they all sort of followed that same mold.....certainly more akin to Madonna's stage design than to the BEP, Tom Petty, Springsteen, Prince, McCartney etc, all stages that immediately preceded Madonna and she absolutely does not get any credit for that.

18 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I truly find this new "trashing"  of Madonna's Superbowl performance perplexing.  Everyone ( even her critics )  raved about it at the time and now all of a sudden,  it is embarrassing etc.  Also, comparing her to Britney - who mimes everything all the time is crazy and quite frankly,  offensive.  

Indeed. I’m confident her Super Bowl is still thought of in positive terms. 

This performance is iconic art.

2FE2F5A3-24FC-4AC5-B67E-A3DEFA4E390D.gif

Thanks for fighting M’s corner as always. :clap:

14 minutes ago, Edivad said:

She's started re-record old songs for miming them later in shows in 2004. Think about the vouge version from the Rit. I rarely enjoy mimed performances.

I do get it, nobody would want her to always lipsynch but Madonna is performance art as much as a singer. I just can't imagine not appreciating stuff like her Vogue VMA performance and Super Bowl. They're just classic Madonna. 🤷‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Why everybody praises the Superbowl performance? By miming from start to finish, She admitted She can' sing live. She could have stayed home and send a video instead. I hate It when She mimes, so unprofessional and take. She's no Britney, for fuck's sake! Just fucking sing It and do your thing!

Time to ban this thing 

10 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

It is particularly frustrating when it comes to the SB. I've definitely noticed it too, especially in regard to that performance. For like 2-3 days there really was a little mini "Madonna fever" moment in the US at this time and obviously it culminated with that performance and it was a moment! It was praised to the high heavens. My phone blew up with people texting me how amazing she was.....lol. Also, there was a definite shift in the way the SB show is presented as far as stage design after her performance. Beyonce, Katy etc they all sort of followed that same mold.....certainly more akin to Madonna's stage design than to the BEP, Tom Petty, Springsteen, Prince, McCartney etc, all stages that immediately preceded Madonna. 

Yes, all of the men I know who love Sport, all RAVED about Madonna. Absolutely raved. She was praised everywhere in the press, in the news - even by those who were critical of her normally. They showed it time and time again on the news here in Australia for instance. It was a magical time to be a fan. It gave her so much acclaim and highlighted what a wonderful and charismatic performer she is.  Why I am finding this new way of either erasing her performance at Superbowl or critiscing her performance so sad and frustrating.  

20 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Funnily enough,  people only choose to now point Madonna out.  Like I have said time and time again,  the trashing of Madonna is happening so much everywhere lately and even her own fans are doing it.  Going back and now criticising her acclaimed performances from her past.  Makes me very sad. 

I'm not trashing her, I Just find miming emberassing and fake and unprofessional and sad.

Edited by Edivad

47 minutes ago, Edivad said:

Why everybody praises the Superbowl performance? By miming from start to finish, She admitted She can' sing live. She could have stayed home and send a video instead. I hate It when She mimes, so unprofessional and take. She's no Britney, for fuck's sake! Just fucking sing It and do your thing!

99% of these types of live televised performances in huge stadiums are lipsynched to avoid any technical f*ck ups...

The live singing at the SB only started 4/5 years ago and after all the sound/mic problems the Justin Timberlake performance had last year, i wouldn't be surprised if they go back to pre-recorded sound this year...

3 minutes ago, Gus said:

99% of these types of live televised performances in huge stadiums are lipsynched to avoid any technical f*ck ups...

The live singing at the SB only started 4/5 years ago and after all the sound/mic problems the Justin Timberlake performance had last year, i wouldn't be surprised if they go back to pre-recorded sound this year...

So what's the point of doing music performances in a venue that's not made for music performances?

1 minute ago, Edivad said:

So what's the point of doing music performances in a venue that's not made for music performances?

It's the Superbowl halftime show surely you understand why it has to be in that venue?

Some people don't get how the NFL actually encourages performers for both the national anthem and the main performance to use pre recorded tracks as time limitations do not allow proper sound checks and, being a one off live broadcast, a simple glitch would ruin the performance.

They have tried to switch to live / some live elements due to some backlash but as some have said, It wouldn't be shocking if they revert, at they have done in the past. 

I just watched JT’s Eurovision performance and it was basic AF! M should get a 8-minute slot and deliver a killer stage production. I can totally see her starting the trend of international pop stars using Eurovision to launch new era/tour, just like how she led the way with SB. Now it’s time to imagine the setlist: 

1. Killers (disco god produced lead single)

2. Hung Up

3. La Isla Bonita 

4. Like A Prayer (yes it’s tiring but it needs to happen) 

I’m ready for the Madonna Renaissance 2019 in Europe!

I mean even bjork was not singing live during the Olympic Games in Greece. In general I'm not sure where you guys read negative reviews of her Super Bowl performance. I'm just aware of it being hugely appreciated. Sure on line hate is real, sometimes even in this place, but that is just bitterness and rudeness 

2 hours ago, Edivad said:

:rotfl:

What an absurd post :lmao:

Madonna performed Vogue on the MTV mimicking and without even a mic already in 1990.

I can't with these posts coming from suspicious accounts.

Whatever. Miming Is emberassing and ridiculous. After 30-years She didn't even bother to sing. She should have dropped the microphone and Just dance, instead.

at that point performers rarely sang live. again you are rewriting history and acting as if M is the only one who mimed the superbowl. 

30 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:rotfl:

What an absurd post :lmao:

Madonna performed Vogue on the MTV mimicking and without even a mic already in 1990.

I can't with these posts coming from suspicious accounts.

and then when they get banned they'll go on other forums claiming we were the difficult ones who couldnt handle the troll's unbiased posts 🙄

I'm not trashing her, I Just find miming emberassing and fake and unprofessional and sad.

Go back to Caca Daily please. 

bcga.gif

20 minutes ago, Nikki said:

at that point performers rarely sang live. again you are rewriting history and acting as if M is the only one who mimed the superbowl. 

I blame anyone when they mime. When One sings, no matter how, to me that's fine

Guest CzarnaWisnia
On 1/16/2019 at 6:27 AM, Ladyplus said:

"Madonna’s popularity was further enhanced by her roles in films such as Desperately Seeking Susan (1985), Dick Tracy (1990), A League of Their Own (1992), and Evita (1996). "

It most definitely wasn't! :lmao:

Guest CzarnaWisnia
24 minutes ago, Edivad said:

I blame anyone when they mime. When One sings, no matter how, to me that's fine

So basically you're Paula Abdul on American Idol.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
Just now, Suedey said:

Well they've mentioned her most acclaimed and successful films, so I don't see the problem with that. These 

Madonna's popularity was never enhanced by them (except maybe DSS). Quite the reverse.

12 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Madonna's popularity was never enhanced by them (except maybe DSS). Quite the reverse.

Not true. Dick Tracy gave her some Hollywood stock; Evita of course enhanced her popularity - it was incredibly successful and acclaimed and even A League of their Own was a reasonable box office hit and she had pretty good reviews and of course the song was a hit but it was all quickly undone by what was around the corner. 

So I see no lies detected in that article.