MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Genevieve Vavance

David Bowie's Black Star video is still so epic

seriously this is so beautiful and full of symbolism, also creepy of course, still to me maybe the best videos of the past years.

It really is, one of the most well produced, well-thought up videos of recent years. Johan Renck is a genius, hopefully M does at least one more video with him. Besides being an eerie, full of symbolism video, the fact that Bowie was already in the final stages just adds up to the mystery of both the song and video. It is like a testament of the mind of a dying man. Creepy, yet Bowie and Renck made it art. 

13 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

It really is, one of the most well produced, well-thought up videos of recent years. Johan Renck is a genius, hopefully M does at least one more video with him. Besides being an eerie, full of symbolism video, the fact that Bowie was already in the final stages just adds up to the mystery of both the song and video. It is like a testament of the mind of a dying man. Creepy, yet Bowie and Renck made it art. 

exactly, I was just thinking about that, hope M really works again with Johan, fantastic video 😄 

I think the Black Star album is one of the best within the last years .. he is so missed!!

Beautiful song, beautiful video. An incredible swansong for one of the greatest artists of the last century. David, I miss you.

Brilliant. Though I always feel sad watching it. Teary more like it. It moves me deeply and its so sad David is not among us still.

8 hours ago, Gery said:

I think the Black Star album is one of the best within the last years .. he is so missed!!

I'm a very big Bowie fan, but I never listen to Blackstar much even though I recognize it's a very strong album and effort.I have to listen to it again! 

I still mainly listen to his seventies work on repeat while ignoring a big part of his discography. I do like some of Buddha of Suburbia and Heathen though.

Anyway, he's surely missed.....

On 1/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, Genevieve Vavance said:

seriously this is so beautiful and full of symbolism, also creepy of course, still to me maybe the best videos of the past years.

What a video, and what a showman - releasing an amazing album right before his death. I miss him.

Incredible album and the videos make me cry 

yes the videos released were brilliant. i had forgotten about them. thanks for reminding me!

you know and then Billboard proclaims 'Bad Romance' best video of this century 🙄

I Can't Give Everything Away still breaks my heart, I think it always will, from the very first opening note.

The video is awesome and the song is amazing.

:rotfl: 

Seriously?!