New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

20 minutes ago, Nikki said:

that's true.. I guess I would be able to be ok with it knowing other artists will probably follow later and it may become more common.. the gays would love it..

BUT, I just can't ignore the massive israel issue. Like I said, if she wouldve done it last year in portugal (some of her portuguese musican friends even performed, like Dino), it wouldve been so fitting for the new album.

This year? just look at the huge scandal when little pop girls like lorde and others get just for playing an Israeli concert, imagine the backlash (for years to come) when M does eurovision.. she'll be linked to being in israeli supporter forever.. I just dont see this being in her favour..I dont want anything to take way or ruin madonna and her album. sorry if I sound whiny.. I just really hope she doesnt do that 

What if she makes a great speech about peace and love?

2 hours ago, peppermint said:

If it's true, it doesn't mean the promo necessarily "starts" there,  it could be the continuation of some other promo she started before that event (hopefully).

I agree. I doughty it will start in Israel. Are you kidding?  She will most likely release her album around that time. So the campaign needs to start #soon, 4 months before with one or two singles.  It would be a great stop to promote album release with some already released singles in EU. :)

The 2019 Eurovision Song Contest will be taking place in Tel Aviv between the 14th and 18th of May.

4 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Yeah she has never done that before, she could also talk about the light, can't get enough of the light. 😃

8 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Seems a bit hypocritical for her to be talking about peace and love in one of the most racist nations in the world. When you have people like Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu who have lived through the brunt of the South African conflict, call Israel an apartheid state, maybe you should reconsider your relationship with the country.

There's a reason Obama caused a riff between the US and Israel and Trump decided to become their biggest ally. Also no one's even mentioned the over 2,000 Palestinian children that have been murdered since 2000 but I guess exposure is more important than supporting people living in an open air prison... 

12 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Yeah she has never done that before, she could also talk about the light, can't get enough of the light. 😃

She would do it  in front of a huge crowd . :)

3 minutes ago, sfm93 said:

Seems a bit hypocritical for her to be talking about peace and love in one of the most racist nations in the world. When you have people like Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu who have lived through the brunt of the South African conflict, call Israel an apartheid state, maybe you should reconsider your relationship with the country.

There's a reason Obama caused a riff between the US and Israel and Trump decided to become their biggest ally. Also no one's even mentioned the over 2,000 Palestinian children that have been murdered since 2000 but I guess exposure is more important than supporting people living in an open air prison... 

shes done it before 

israel_speech_press_news.jpg

2 minutes ago, sfm93 said:

I agree with you 100%, but let's not forget who is Madonna and what she is doing to save people's lifes.

3 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

shes done it before 

israel_speech_press_news.jpg

Unfortunately, and while I do appreciate her speaking up for Palestinians, meeting with the war criminal (Netanyahu) that's continuing to make their lives a living hell is not a good look and I thought she'd put that behind her after the Trump presidency. 

But again, this could all be hearsay and might turn out to be a stupid rumor...

7 minutes ago, sfm93 said:

Unfortunately, and while I do appreciate her speaking up for Palestinians, meeting with the war criminal (Netanyahu) that's continuing to make their lives a living hell is not a good look and I thought she'd put that behind her after the Trump presidency. 

sometimes i worry about why some of her fans don't get that madonna will do what she wants even if its not a good look ...shes not scared this is a woman that said to a crowd that she thought about blowing up the white house and on top of that did not apologise for it anyway i just think this is a rumour i personally wouldn't mind her doing it 

31 minutes ago, sfm93 said:

also.. she is probably getting paid for it, which makes it even worse. I cant at anyone supporting this. Talk about ignorance.

*sighs* I do get it when it comes to performing in Israel but if we're going to limit her to performing in places where no unfair atrocities against humans have occurred then we may as well just have her take her guitar into her bathroom and perform for us via IG. 

1 hour ago, trickyricky said:

i really doubt that rumour is true theres not a chance she will wait six months on a finished album ..

May is in 3 and 1/2 months. The album won‘t be out till April anyway.

In my opinion, she needs to stay nuetral and not alienate her fans. I mean..,she has a lot of fans in Israel who love her. Just because there are issues there right now or people might not like a certain leader(s)or countries or their politics means she shouldn't go there. If that's the case, I guess she shouldn't perform in the US either for all of the divisiveness going on here too? I really hope to see her going everywhere and staring the divisiveness down and bring people together instead. What a perfect event and place to do it. 

Just now, Voguerista said:

In my opinion, she needs to stay nuetral and not alienate her fans. I mean..,she has a lot of fans in Israel who love her. Just because there are issues there right now or people might not like a certain leader(s)or countries or their politics means she shouldn't go there. If that's the case, I guess she shouldn't perform in the US either for all of the divisiveness going on here too? I really hope to see her going everywhere and staring the divisiveness down and bring people together instead. What a perfect event and place to do it. 

i agree with everything you said ...i think the fact that people think she shouldn't will make her want to do it even more 

1 minute ago, trickyricky said:

i agree with everything you said ...i think the fact that people think she shouldn't will make her want to do it even more 

I think so too. Remember when the towers got attacked? There were people who thought she should cancel her show and Girl did the opposite. 

13 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

*sighs* I do get it when it comes to performing in Israel but if we're going to limit her to performing in places where no unfair atrocities against humans have occurred then we may as well just have her take her guitar into her bathroom and perform for us via IG. 

Exactly!

2 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I think so too. Remember when the towers got attacked? There were people who thought she should cancel her show and Girl did the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

3 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Mellisa Heritage is conformed to close the WorldPride ceremony in Times Square, NYC in June 30.

So there it goes any chance of M closing the ceremony.

I think Madonna will be secret ....i think she will just turn up 

3 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

The idealist in me likes and understands this perspective. Sadly, I don't think that's what will happen though.....especially with Madonna, people are ready with their knives for the most mundane things when it comes to her so this would be an absolute golden opportunity to tear her down. Even if she approached it in a tasteful way with the intent to "unite", it wouldn't be seen as that. Everything is so incredibly extreme now and just like with her White House speech, the intent would be completely lost amidst the (some faux) "outrage".

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

The idealist in me likes and understands this perspective. Sadly, I don't think that's what will happen though.....especially with Madonna, people are ready with their knives for the most mundane things when it comes to her so this would be an absolute golden opportunity to tear her down. Even if she approached it in a tasteful way with the intent to "unite", it wouldn't be seen as that. Everything is so incredibly extreme now and just like with her White House speech, the intent would be completely lost amidst the (some faux) "outrage".

So true! 😕

3 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

yeah i agree with you also ...its just tricky but thats one of the reasons i love her shes brave 

1 minute ago, trickyricky said:

she has a taste for the danger

4221396001_4654886752001_4654886889001-vs.jpg

madonna.jpg

She sure does. She's never afraid. I love that about her (even those times when I've disagreed sometimes with her too). 

15 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Me too. But today's music doesn't warrant a lot of money for videos anymore. And Fincher is quite expensive, and he does expensive things.

Maybe Madonna should take some money out of her own pocket (yeah right) for a Fincher video, like she did for Express Yourself. It would really stand out, especially now..

Yes I know. It's fast-moving but I thought she might as well . She will be 61 this year so I would really love if she does something AMAZING with her videos . Short film like even !