New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

Posted 23 May 2018 at 9:36

With around 186 million viewers the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest was once again the world’s biggest live music event. The EBU announced that earlier today.”

25 minutes ago, Nikki said:

what's the point if it'll all turn to backlash? I can't believe you're actually thinking this is a good idea. read the article. it's simply out of touch to even think about agreeing to perform there (as a non contestant). people already protested it months ago, including the frontman of pink floyd. what do you think will happen when we're getting closer to eurovision?

The people who support this arent doing their research SMH. worst idea ever. hopefully M is not as out of touch 

Completely agreed, I know Madonna's been a huge admirer of Israel in the past but really thought she'd shift gears with everything happening in the past few years. Her performance there would be incredibly disappointing from a personal and human rights perspective... 

Let's not forget what happened with Lana Del Rey when she was slated to perform at a festival in Israel and got dragged through the mud until she cancelled... I'm really hoping this news isn't accurate.

1 minute ago, sfm93 said:

Completely agreed, I know Madonna's been a huge admirer of Israel in the past but really thought she'd shift gears with everything happening in the past few years. Her performance there would be incredibly disappointing from a personal and human rights perspective... 

Let's not forget what happened with Lana Del Rey when she was slated to perform at a festival in Israel and got dragged through the mud until she cancelled... I'm really hoping this news isn't accurate.

ugh thank you. at least one madonna fan using their head and thinking about the possible outcome not only then, but many years later. this isnt just a concert, it's a huge event and I'd hate M to be associated with this for many years. i didnt know so many of her fans only think about instant and quick success or numbers and a possible hit instead of the bigger picture? sigh.

7 minutes ago, sfm93 said:

Eurovision has something in common: is about celebrating music. Politics are FORBIDDEN in the show (that's why Ukranian entry that won was so critisised). It would be absurd to have any backslash about Eurovision because ALL THE ARTISTS from ALL THE European Broadcasting Televisions will be there. Nobody is doing any boycott to the show, no matter if any embassy is moved to Jerusalem or even if something happened there. It is not the first time it takes place in Israel either. 

But anyway, I doubt this rumour will be true, it is not the first time we talk about it since Timberlake's performance. 

A lot of artist have canceled dates in Israel, Lorde and Lana last year and more, I’m not sure if it would be a good idea, yes at the end of the day nobody would care if she performs there but 1% of the population but still it will be bad if a lot of artist canceled and she did it.

But it needs to be taken in consideration that the program choose Israel so 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Eurovision has something in common: is about celebrating music. Politics are FORBIDDEN in the show (that's why Ukranian entry that won was so critisised). It would be absurd to have any backslash about Eurovision because ALL THE ARTISTS from ALL THE European Broadcasting Televisions will be there. Nobody is doing any boycott to the show, no matter if any embassy is moved to Jerusalem or even if something happened there. It is not the first time it takes place in Israel either. 

But anyway, I doubt this rumour will be true, it is not the first time we talk about it since Timberlake's performance. 

On paper yes, but it's also the same contest that banned the Palestinian flag from ever being flown in the competition so it's really hard to differentiate it from politics. Having it be hosted in Israel this year just amplifies their erasure of Palestinians 

3 minutes ago, sfm93 said:

On paper yes, but it's also the same contest that banned the Palestinian flag from ever being flown in the competition so it's really hard to differentiate it from politics. Having it be hosted in Israel this year just amplifies their erasure of Palestinians 

Because the State of Palestine is not recognised among most of the members of the European Broadcasting Union. 

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

as our eurovision expert said in the other thread, "a handful Danish musicians have signed a petition urging the Danish Broadcasting Corporation to withdraw from the competition", and this is going on in many countries, including artists like the pink floyd frontman writing letters to boycot it. it probably wont have as many viewers as normal anyway. it's a BAD idea and from a PR point of view, it's a nightmare. that's a fact and she'll lose a lot of respect and integrity

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

as our eurovision expert said in the other thread, "a handful Danish musicians have signed a petition urging the Danish Broadcasting Corporation to withdraw from the competition", and this is going on in many countries, including artists like the pink floyd frontman writing letters to boycot it. it probably wont have as many viewers as normal anyway. it's a BAD idea and from a PR point of view, it's a nightmare. that's a fact and she'll lose a lot of respect and integrity

Sorry, I don't agree at all. Anyway, I really doubt that it will happen so it is not use to argue this :lol:

But mark my words, when Eurovision comes there will be no comment on all those things and the event will be as bright and joyful as it has always been. 

1 hour ago, Ladyplus said:

It would make more sense to be an exclusivity ... Don't you think ?

Justin T did it. Why not M?

I suppose you're right, but I'm gutted to think we'll have to wait until May for new music!! :imsad::imsad:

Madonna performed in Israel before 

Beside  her many artists performed  here - Radiohead,  red hot chili peppers,  gaga , justin Timberlake, biber, bon Jovi, Metallica,  Mariah Carey,  alanis morrisette  rihanna.........

None of the above ever recived backlash for that. 

Sure there are always those who try to make artists cancel their performances, many times they succeed

But it's about music or politics?

Boycotting a country is boycotting your crowd not the government , they don't give a fuck.

I wish she would would perform here again in Israel whether it will be for this stupid Eurovision or part of a tour

whatever happens, both the fans and the haters will find a way to spin this as they please... the haters will accuse her of mass murder and the fans will justify her by saying she had to do the promo to earn enough money for Malawi

10 minutes ago, functions_X said:

whatever happens, both the fans and the haters will find a way to spin this as they please... the haters will accuse her of mass murder and the fans will justify her by saying she had to do the promo to earn enough money for Malawi

Positive vibes please 

I think it's fucking time to reveal at least the name of the album or single, c´mon, she is punishing us hard for the mana and rebel heart leaks this time. We've been waiting more than a year with the fucking SOON SOON SOON and nothing happens, i'm so tired of this game. When you gives nothing to people people lose interest.

Edited by Sparks

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

even if you take the politics away, it's a cheesy show and I dont think it's good for M to be linked with that tackiness, especially since last year's winner was so dreadful. she's better than this

All the tv shows are cheesy nowadays..internet is cheesy..she made promos where the audience was huge, so Eurosong is a good choice speaking of people who will watch her performance, listen to her song and buy the record and  the tickets of her concerts.

3 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

i really doubt that rumour is true theres not a chance she will wait six months on a finished album ..

Honestly, I hope so..it's too much time

3 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

i really doubt that rumour is true theres not a chance she will wait six months on a finished album ..

maybe she ll premiere the second or the third single?

14 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

All the tv shows are cheesy nowadays..internet is cheesy..she made promos where the audience was huge, so Eurosong is a good choice speaking of people who will watch her performance, listen to her song and buy the record and  the tickets of her concerts.

that's true.. I guess I would be able to be ok with it knowing other artists will probably follow later and it may become more common.. the gays would love it..

BUT, I just can't ignore the massive israel issue. Like I said, if she wouldve done it last year in portugal (some of her portuguese musican friends even performed, like Dino), it wouldve been so fitting for the new album.

This year? just look at the huge scandal when little pop girls like lorde and others get just for playing an Israeli concert, imagine the backlash (for years to come) when M does eurovision.. she'll be linked to being in israeli supporter forever.. I just dont see this being in her favour..I dont want anything to take way or ruin madonna and her album. sorry if I sound whiny.. I just really hope she doesnt do that 

2 hours ago, iamme said:

Music brings love, joy & happiness. I’d be very happy if she does it. People are so PC nowadays, it has become really annoying. 

Bit more than PC and annoying if you are being bombed or shot at