New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

19 minutes ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

I feel you. I jumped on here after the met gala performance thinking it was time for the special pre-album news gossip and such...but theres nothing. no offical title or release date.

the consistent backlash in my opinion started around 2011/2012when caca was at her peak madonna cos play phase. its fans were much more social media conscience and immature to look at the situation correctly. there are have been just so many negative madonna conversations  related to her age. i would point out examples of her legacy and relevance and change minds but theres a cynisim out there towards her. maybe because shes the top female artists career people point to---like shes already won, no need to be nice.

other fan bases hate on her for one reason ....shes the queen of pop ..end of 

25 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

trying to erase and minimize her legacy ?? 

this has happened all her career lol its nothing new ...

It has definitely grown stronger.  I have followed Madonna since the start and have always known the hatred she has received.  However,  lately there has been an obvious push to completely downplay her and I see it all the time.  The way now that her Superbowl performance is either deliberately not talked about or  treated like it was trashed everywhere when it was so loved and acclaimed.  Articles claiming that she was never in the same league as other superstars in fame and influence.  Articles by her own "fans"  apologizing and wringing their hands about liking her and even agreeing that others are far more talented etc. .  Sorry, but not burying my head in the sand.  It is up to Madonna's team to address these dreadful lies and downplaying of her.  She deserves so much better.   The most influential and popular female singer of all time should never be treated like this. 

Well she refuses to age naturally on purpose and pushes peoples buttons still ...this is why it has grown stronger but i think its always been there its just social media has made it able for everybody and their dog to express a opinion on her ...shes always been bashed and she knows this and i know its hard for us to take but fuck them 

Just now, trickyricky said:

Well she refuses to age naturally on purpose and pushes peoples buttons still ...this is why it has grown stronger but i think its always been there its just social media has made it able for everybody and their dog to express a opinion on her ...shes always been bashed and she knows this and i know its hard for us to take but fuck them 

👆indeed

i actually had a dream about the album cover, or at least the concept of it. the whole idea was that you could see a hand "giving" the album (which was symbolised in something else) to the people (to translate, in a corny way, it would be like seeing a hand plant a tree or handing a seed. weirdly boring, i know) 

22 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It has definitely grown stronger.  I have followed Madonna since the start and have always known the hatred she has received.  However,  lately there has been an obvious push to completely downplay her and I see it all the time.  The way now that her Superbowl performance is either deliberately not talked about or  treated like it was trashed everywhere when it was so loved and acclaimed.  Articles claiming that she was never in the same league as other superstars in fame and influence.  Articles by her own "fans"  apologizing and wringing their hands about liking her and even agreeing that others are far more talented etc. .  Sorry, but not burying my head in the sand.  It is up to Madonna's team to address these dreadful lies and downplaying of her.  She deserves so much better.   The most influential and popular female singer of all time should never be treated like this. 

what Ive noticed is that whenever someone writes an article to praise madonna, they always have to justify it by beginning with "we know she's not the best singer".. it's like they always almost feel guilty for telling the world they love her. I dont get that. they never do that with other artists. it's very upsetting

7 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

No, it’s not just a social media phenomenon. Maybe it’s blown out of proportion because of social media, but like Jazzy said, it is everywhere in ‘classic’ media! There’s always the fake praising of her achievements ‘despite having no real talents’. This narrative has grown extremely strong and I dare say it didn’t originate nor was it mainly spread on social media. Those subtle but brutal digs come from journalists and critics. And it has gotten worse, since it’s everywhere and didn’t even stop for one freaking day when they all pretended like they celebrated her birthday.

13 minutes ago, Nikki said:

what Ive noticed is that whenever someone writes an article to praise madonna, they always have to justify it by beginning with "we know she's not the best singer".. it's like they always almost feel guilty for telling the world they love her. I dont get that. they never do that with other artists. it's very upsetting

Nikki,  it makes my blood boil.  People that call themselves "fans"  and give her crappy back handed compliments on their articles all over the net etc and deny her talent.  

8 minutes ago, Lolo said:

No, it’s not just a social media phenomenon. Maybe it’s blown out of proportion because of social media, but like Jazzy said, it is everywhere in ‘classic’ media! There’s always the fake praising of her achievements ‘despite having no real talents’. This narrative has grown extremely strong and I dare say it didn’t originate nor was it mainly spread on social media. Those subtle but brutal digs come from journalists and critics. And it has gotten worse, since it’s everywhere and didn’t even stop for one freaking day when they all pretended like they celebrated her birthday.

Definitely has.  Even some of my friends who used to praise Madonna,  now question her talent.  I then gently remind them of her hit songs and straight away,  you can see the light bulb go off and they are raving about her music and her.   That is all it takes people -  a whole emphasis on her music, music videos and performances.  

I do find it infuriating though that she is put down so much.  Also exhausting that it is fans who have to keep defending her on social media, articles etc when her team and PR should be doing it.  

1 hour ago, systemvalues said:

I don't understand the connection with being 60 and doing a record in a time frame that some fans suppose is "acceptable".. there is no link between age and being prolific.

I don't think it's necessarily about her being 60 but more that she's accomplished so much, she's been working basically non-stop for 35-40 yrs so I think it's normal for someone to want to maybe tone it down a notch at that point. I know Madonna certainly isn't the average 60 year old but generally speaking, a lot of "normal folk" tend to take things at a little more relaxed pace professionally by that point if they can. Then factor in 4 small children as well.

Fortunately for us, she's still incredibly prolific.....it may not be every 2-3 yrs like it used to be but we're still a long way off from 10 yr, Sade-like breaks...lol. I want and NEED this album ASAP too....every time I see a new post in this thread I'm like 😮 but I do get why things may not roll out as quickly as they used to. 

43 minutes ago, Isaac said:

446313.jpeg

something like this. pun intended. 

Seriously I would support her doing this 1000% on so many levels. Hilarious. 

24 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Nikki,  it makes my blood boil.  People that call themselves "fans"  and give her crappy back handed compliments on their articles all over the net etc and deny her talent.  

Definitely has.  Even some of my friends who used to praise Madonna,  now question her talent.  I then gently remind them of her hit songs and straight away,  you can see the light bulb go off and they are raving about her music and her.   That is all it takes people -  a whole emphasis on her music, music videos and performances.  

I do find it infuriating though that she is put down so much.  Also exhausting that it is fans who have to keep defending her on social media, articles etc when her team and PR should be doing it.  

i think its partly to do with a rise in talent shows also ...i mean vocally she would not win a talent show singing ....madonna is much more than a voice though and some people don't get that ...her talents have always been kind of in the background behind the controversy but this is how she wanted it ...fuck what people think of her....we love her 

28 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

who are your friends fans of ? 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:clap:

27 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I don't think it's necessarily about her being 60 but more that she's accomplished so much, she's been working basically non-stop for 35-40 yrs so I think it's normal for someone to want to maybe tone it down a notch at that point. I know Madonna certainly isn't the average 60 year old but generally speaking, a lot of "normal folk" tend to take things at a little more relaxed pace professionally by that point if they can. Then factor in 4 small children as well.

Fortunately for us, she's still incredibly prolific.....it may not be every 2-3 yrs like it used to be but we're still a long way off from 10 yr, Sade-like breaks...lol. I want and NEED this album ASAP too....every time I see a new post in this thread I'm like 😮 but I do get why things may not roll out as quickly as they used to. 

Same here. I can understand why it's taking longer this time for everything you write....and why it will be that way in the future too. Even though I'm enjoying this pre album time, I'm also at the edge of my seat every time there is a post. I think we're all connected to madonna somehow and can feel her energy that it really is coming soon. But WHEN is "soon" to Madonna? It's ok. It's all good. Atleast we're all in this together. Haha

March 12 for the documentary, but I don’t think that she cares because it’s not from her mouth and her story even if they interviewed her collaborators.

Hopefully it sparks some reactions from the media and doesn’t get ignored.

6 hours ago, Shaun said:

What an uplifting post. Can’t wait to read more from you during the upcoming era.

I'm just more than ready for new music, and I want her legacy to be respected, especially by her own team.

1 hour ago, Iconic Fetus said:

March 12 for the documentary, but I don’t think that she cares because it’s not from her mouth and her story even if they interviewed her collaborators.

Hopefully it sparks some reactions from the media and doesn’t get ignored.

Maybe the film company has heard when Madonna is releasing the new music and wants to capitalize from all the publicity and excitment that will come with it.

34 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

Maybe the film company has heard when Madonna is releasing the new music and wants to capitalize from all the publicity and excitment that will come with it.

thats what i think