New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

These four years have been particularly painful. I don't post often on here, but I'm on every single day always hoping to hear sometime, but day after day it is another disappointment.  I'm not sure if it is just me getting older, but from taking 18 months from the recording of the RHT to the actual release of the recording, which was around 2 1/2 years after the release of the actual album...and now a year ago today that she was in the studio, but still NO news. ... It's just really frustrating for long-term fans (since 1986 here). The last decade has been one delay after another, missed opportunity after missed opportunity, more and more backlash, all the while allowing her legendary status to be minimized by the press and the world to the point where they are trying to erase and minimize her legacy ... and she nor anybody in her team seem to care - in fact, it seems as though they are all TRYING to throw it all away. I practically expect the entire roll out to be a complete and total disaster, just like the last few eras. I know how lucky we are to have a living legend still releasing albums and being active, but PLEASE, give us something... 

3 minutes ago, kaw214 said:

These four years have been particularly painful. I don't post often on here, but I'm on every single day always hoping to hear sometime, but day after day it is another disappointment.  I'm not sure if it is just me getting older, but from taking 18 months from the recording of the RHT to the actual release of the recording, which was around 2 1/2 years after the release of the actual album...and now a year ago today that she was in the studio, but still NO news. ... It's just really frustrating for long-term fans (since 1986 here). The last decade has been one delay after another, missed opportunity after missed opportunity, more and more backlash, all the while allowing her legendary status to be minimized by the press and the world to the point where they are trying to erase and minimize her legacy ... and she nor anybody in her team seem to care - in fact, it seems as though they are all TRYING to throw it all away. I practically expect the entire roll out to be a complete and total disaster, just like the last few eras. I know how lucky we are to have a living legend still releasing albums and being active, but PLEASE, give us something... 

Well she is gonna give us something...as we all know. 

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Well she is gonna give us something...as we all know. 

Yes she will. Twins dancing, David football match. Mercy playing piano. 

Many people complained MDNA was rushed and RH was a sloppy rollout because of the leaks, which many blamed on her team for not being on top of things as they should be. People took issue with HC because of the extremely well known producers/collaborators involved.  So, she's taking her time, NOTHING has leaked so far and we have Mirwais back on deck. So, aren't we getting what we asked for this time??

Let the woman go through her process......she has six kids and that's clearly her priority. She's doing things on HER time (relatively speaking) at her leisure as she should at 60 yrs old. She's earned it. I understand for us longtime fans that were used to her churning out an album every 2 1/2 years like clockwork that this is a change and that for younger fans that may not remember that time in her career, well sorry ya missed it. This is what it is now though. She really doesn't owe anyone anything and she hasn't broken any promises. No release dates have been pushed back. Technically, we're still in her "normal" time frame of her artistic process. Patience and attention spans have dwindled greatly in the age of "I HAVE to have everything NOW". May as well sit back, relax and go and revisit that M album you just never fully connected with. 

19 minutes ago, kaw214 said:

Hang in there !   The new era will start this year and with no leaks etc,  it should be incredible.  

Do wish they would embrace her legacy so much more too but see some promising signs with her referencing and mentioning past hits and performances more than before.   So hopefully the new era will be both wowing us with new material and performing and promoting it everywhere and reminding everyone why she has always been the best female performer ever with footage and reminders of music from her past as well. 

19 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Many people complained MDNA was rushed and RH was a sloppy rollout because of the leaks, which many blamed on her team for not being on top of things as they should be. People took issue with HC because of the extremely well known producers/collaborators involved.  So, she's taking her time, NOTHING has leaked so far and we have Mirwais back on deck. So, aren't we getting what we asked for this time??

Let the woman go through her process......she has six kids and that's clearly her priority. She's doing things on HER time (relatively speaking) at her leisure as she should at 60 yrs old. She's earned it. I understand for us longtime fans that were used to her churning out an album every 2 1/2 years like clockwork that this is a change and that for younger fans that may not remember that time in her career, well sorry ya missed it. This is what it is now though. She really doesn't owe anyone anything and she hasn't broken any promises. No release dates have been pushed back. Technically, we're still in her "normal" time frame of her artistic process. Patience and attention spans have dwindled greatly in the age of "I HAVE to have everything NOW". May as well sit back, relax and go and revisit that M album you just never fully connected with. 

Omg bless you!!!! 

30 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Well-said. I said the same thing before and fans keep complaining.

#soongirls

#waitordie

31 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Amen

Anyone wonder whats up with the #MadonnaStory hashtag she has been using for several months, ever since she starting tweeting about the anniversaries of releases and key moments, and asking fans questions and stuff? Maybe tied in to the Netflix rumor or something or am I crazy to speculate? haha

36 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

+1! You said it. At 60 and with such a big family to raise, we should all just be so thankful she's still wanting to make music. She has every right to do it when she can and on her own time. Honestly I don't know how Girl does it all? It's incredible when you think about it. 

Well, love Madonna, think she'll get an incredible comeback for sure, but... the hype is gettin brake several times and think this isn't good, at the end, i'll try to disconect a little, until something real will happen, focus in Game of Thrones Final season which possibly will land before Madonnas'album... 

Madonna's career is music.  It is what has made her famous and what we love from her.  She is the greatest female popular artist ever and greatest performer around.    Completely natural that fans want to hear new music from her.  Would be dreadful if we were all not caring about when her music is released or happy to not have new music in a timely fashion.  

4 minutes ago, dedalo said:

Well, love Madonna, think she'll get an incredible comeback for sure, but... the hype is gettin brake several times and think this isn't good, at the end, i'll try to disconect a little, until something real will happen, focus in Game of Thrones Final season which possibly will land before Madonnas'album... 

Omg, game of thrones! I forgot! What if she got some deal with them? Like lamd them a theme song for finale or something. Hat would be like the biggest promo ever. 

We all know she's a fan, the timing is therr, she had that talk with netflix we know nothing about still... Mensch said think outside of the box and coming with clouds? 

Ok maybe i'm just tired and this is too much wishful thinking 🙂

1 hour ago, kaw214 said:

What an uplifting post. Can’t wait to read more from you during the upcoming era.

35 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

+1! You said it. At 60 and with such a big family to raise, we should all just be so thankful she's still wanting to make music. She has every right to do it when she can and on her own time. Honestly I don't know how Girl does it all? It's incredible when you think about it. 

I don't understand the connection with being 60 and doing a record in a time frame that some fans suppose is "acceptable".. there is no link between age and being prolific.

39 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna's career is music.  It is what has made her famous and what we love from her.  She is the greatest female popular artist ever and greatest performer around.    Completely natural that fans want to hear new music from her.  Would be dreadful if we were all not caring about when her music is released or happy to not have new music in a timely fashion.  

always loved the Madoona the Entertainer and Dancer.

I loved her as an actress too, i miss those times

37 minutes ago, vesper_wolf said:

Omg, game of thrones! I forgot! What if she got some deal with them? Like lamd them a theme song for finale or something. Hat would be like the biggest promo ever. 

We all know she's a fan, the timing is therr, she had that talk with netflix we know nothing about still... Mensch said think outside of the box and coming with clouds? 

Ok maybe i'm just tired and this is too much wishful thinking 🙂

She gave us The new Years extravaganza

25 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Is she still living in Lisbon or did she sell the house?

She rented the house actually and she did not renew the lease, she is out of there in April ( according to this real estate site)

2 hours ago, kaw214 said:

I feel you. I jumped on here after the met gala performance thinking it was time for the special pre-album news gossip and such...but theres nothing. no offical title or release date.

the consistent backlash in my opinion started around 2011/2012when caca was at her peak madonna cos play phase. its fans were much more social media conscience and immature to look at the situation correctly. there are have been just so many negative madonna conversations  related to her age. i would point out examples of her legacy and relevance and change minds but theres a cynisim out there towards her. maybe because shes the top female artists career people point to---like shes already won, no need to be nice.