New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm so tired and waiting and speculating.  We've been chomping at the bit for this album for a year now, with one self-inflicted disappointment after another.  It's time for a god damn release date to be announced.  This is ridiculous.

I feel your frustration man!!

14 minutes ago, peppermint said:

I feel your frustration man!!

I am listening to tones of remixes on Soundcloud non-stop in order to ease the eager for new Madonna music...

21 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

I am listening to tones of remixes on Soundcloud non-stop in order to ease the eager for new Madonna music...

Omg same here. Haha

Just now, Voguerista said:

I think fan remixes are better than Madonna's. And then there is Dubtronic :inlove:

I just LOVE the fan remixes!

Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2019/01/16/most-anticipated-pop-albums-of-2019-lady-gaga-ariana-grande-madonna-and-halsey/#663a40b83e0d

So apparently her competition will be Lady Gaga (ugh), Lana Del Rey, Halsey and Ariana Grande for the most part. I can't see Carly Rae Jepsen (as much as I love her) or Meghan Trainor (as much as I loathe her) giving her any trouble chart or sales wise. 

I do wonder whether the postponement of the album has something to do with the potential competition and, as much as I hate to admit it, the label wanting to avoid a G*g*/Madonna clash. The awful copycat creature has a gap of about 3 months from Feb/May in her Vegas residency - could just be a gap for her Oscars bullshit but may be she'll 'drop' some new release. I can't think of that Ugh. Then again, G*g*'s Star Is Born bullshit is doing very well and I doubt they'd want to undercut that by a new release too soon. 

1 minute ago, Suedey said:

Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2019/01/16/most-anticipated-pop-albums-of-2019-lady-gaga-ariana-grande-madonna-and-halsey/#663a40b83e0d

So apparently her competition will be Lady Gaga (ugh), Lana Del Rey, Halsey and Ariana Grande for the most part. I can't see Carly Rae Jepsen (as much as I love her) or Meghan Trainor (as much as I loathe her) giving her any trouble chart or sales wise. 

I do wonder whether the postponement of the album has something to do with the potential competition and, as much as I hate to admit it, the label wanting to avoid a G*g*/Madonna clash. The awful copycat creature has a gap of about 3 months from Feb/May in her Vegas residency - could just be a gap for her Oscars bullshit but may be she'll 'drop' some new release. I can't think of that Ugh. Then again, G*g*'s Star Is Born bullshit is doing very well and I doubt they'd want to undercut that by a new release too soon. 

i think That creature will want to collade with M14

4 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Even if the album is amazing and well received, not sure if Madonna can compete with these younger artists who are more media friendly.

At the same time, maybe this will be the major comeback she deserves. I really hope so!!

3 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

why does everyone keep talking about a comeback when she never went away

Because we want her topping charts left and right and being fabulous as in 1984-86, 89-90, 98-01, 05.

9 minutes ago, Nick said:

Even if the album is amazing and well received, not sure if Madonna can compete with these younger artists who are more media friendly.

At the same time, maybe this will be the major comeback she deserves. I really hope so!!

You're right she never went away! It's just that I would be happy for Madonna if her music was well accepted by the masses again.

No matter what, will never stop being a major fan. Good music is good music. 

There was an album postponement? I guess I missed that. If we’re referring to Madonna’s comments about the album dropping in ‘18, it’s VERY typical for projects to take longer than artists often anticipate. I can think of dozens of examples when artists quote a release date that doesn’t quite pan out for a multitude of reasons. A postponement is drastically different. No one here knows anything. It’s January 16. Give it time.

Honestly, I hope we can have info and material #soon, because I feel like dying...  

tumblr_m4vgfbhoXJ1rwed6to1_400.gif

It looked like I was the only one who'd rather have some news and didn't want to be surprised, but now I feel like I have company!

35 minutes ago, elijah said:

Because we want her topping charts left and right and being fabulous as in 1984-86, 89-90, 98-01, 05.

I want that too. But you'll quickly realize, it's gonna be an uphill battle because of Madonna's age. It sucks. But it's the reality of the world we live in.

I'd be grateful with a wonderful record that has great quality. If we get a hit from it, awesome. But I'm not taking it for granted.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:16 AM, iamme said:

Music brings love, joy & happiness. I’d be very happy if she does it. People are so PC nowadays, it has become really annoying. 

This has nothing to do with being PC. Israel is practically an apartheid... this would be really shitty PR for her and warranted backlash. And all before world pride.

43 minutes ago, Shaun said:

There was an album postponement? I guess I missed that. If we’re referring to Madonna’s comments about the album dropping in ‘18, it’s VERY typical for projects to take longer than artists often anticipate. I can think of dozens of examples when artists quote a release date that doesn’t quite pan out for a multitude of reasons. A postponement is drastically different. No one here knows anything. It’s January 16. Give it time.

Ok there wasn’t an official postponement but .... 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Don’t forget Janet will likely release an album in 2019 too. She always wants to compete with Madonna and would do whatever it takes to secure that #1 spot. I’m pretty sure she’s gonna use the same approach like the last time, a free digital album if you take an Uber trip 😂

I think single in April. Album in may. Eurovision if they can afford it for huge exposure. Someone on another forum before said she was doing something different. 

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

True. If we go by what his source is saying then it doesn't seem as though she's going to intentionally stir up the hornets nest this time. I have to say though, just the fact that this is shaping up to be quite a "multicultural" album (reportedly), that in itself may turn it political as a byproduct.....even if that wasn't necessarily her intent. 

Hope so and ... SOON

24 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

One of the MTribe mod's confirmed that the album is still coming in Q2 (Apr-Jun) & that she isn't performing at the Grammy's this year. 

Q2? Ugghhh noooo!