New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

19 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

This...well said Rob and i missed "And has started following some interesting people on insta, such as a new musical director/keyboard player.".....

who is she following? sounds exciting.

Madonna does follow Emmanuel Adjei on Instagram, so I bet he will be the director of her new video. I'm very happy with that, the videos he did for Sevdaliza are quite good. It's a new direction for Madonna. And now that she's following Omar Edwards, a musical director as well, I feel a real reinvention is taking place.

the album must have been completed with tracklisting because thats why i think nikki minaj unfollowed madonna because she is not using something they worked together on or even worse using cardi b instead lol ...ouch

Take this with a pinch of salt but a Madonna fan I started talking to recently who seems to have some info regarding a change in schedule and the reasons for it. I'm not sure if there is any truth to this but wanted to share anyway since it is pretty interesting. Appearently the record was ready to be released August 2018, it was produced by her and Mirwais  but somewhere along the way it was decided (not by her from what I understood) that it didn't include any hits or any song that would appeal to the mainstream. M was really passionate about the version of the album that was going to be released in August and is sort of dissapointed. Now the album, set to be released on April, is  more of a mixed bag with no clear direction, more than a few songs were scrapped in favor of  songs added more aimed to the market.  Dissapointing info in terms of how much control Madonna has over the release of her albums, so I hope it is not true. 

3 minutes ago, berke said:

Take this with a pinch of salt but a Madonna fan I started talking to recently who seems to have some info regarding a change in schedule and the reasons for it. I'm not sure if there is any truth to this but wanted to share anyway since it is pretty interesting. Appearently the record was ready to be released August 2018, it was produced by her and Mirwais  but somewhere along the way it was decided (not by her from what I understood) that it didn't include any hits or any song that would appeal to the mainstream. M was really passionate about the version of the album that was going to be released in August and is sort of dissapointed. Now the album, set to be released on April, is  more of a mixed bag with no clear direction, more than a few songs were scrapped in favor of  songs added more aimed to the market.  Dissapointing info in terms of how much control Madonna has over the release of her albums, so I hope it is not true. 

I dont believe that happened ...I think possibly she was going to release beautiful game as the first single but that changed and that is why everything has been delayed 

12 minutes ago, berke said:

I certainly don't believe it. She has recently shown herself even more passionate for her new music than in the previous months, so if a thing like this has happened, she would def found a way to express how is she feeling about it. Also, mixing was just made, so it doesn't seems like if she has scrapped everything to fit with what her "bosses" are telling her.

39 minutes ago, berke said:

What complete Bullshit...:lmao:

3 hours ago, iamme said:

Serious question. If you have to choose between commercial success or multiple Grammys awards, which one would you choose, cannot be both. I’d prefer this album be the best of her career and win at least 5 major Grammys awards. 

Fuck the Grammys!!! Commercial success is way more important because it means people are hungry for her music! 

45 minutes ago, berke said:

This sounds like a load of crap lol Why in the world would Madonna, the queen of pop, create an album without one song for the general public? 😂

2 hours ago, Royal T said:

I think we need to start spamming Madonnas Instagram and ask “WHEN”. How long we have to wait. It looks like nothing will happen. At least give us some info. God how I’m tired of waiting. 😞 

Patients! we are getting closer by the minute, and we want the product to be stellar. Right? Music is coming #soon. LOL 

In the meantime, we can all span Guy O for not combing the Warner added duplicate videos on YouTube. Please join us in that spam project!

1 minute ago, CalinB said:

Patients! we are getting closer by the minute, and we want the product to be stellar. Right? Music is coming #soon. LOL 

In the meantime, we can all span Guy O for not combing the Warner added duplicate videos on YouTube. Please join us in that spam project!

Ok tell me what to do or write to Guy O. 🙂 

44 minutes ago, berke said:

If we were in 2008, 2012 or 2015 I can see that being the case.... but trying to appeal to mainstream top 40 sound doesn't seem to be working for her. Overall shes a mainstream artist---its baked into the cake. Her deeper and more artistic efforts usually pan out with the exception of American Life

Don’t really care about the Grammys anymore, tbh, but I’d love to have a universally acclaimed album with at least one moderate , give it 2 me-sized hit in Europe, Asia and Latin America. (not impossible, but very unlikely in the US, imho). A hit or two would help her sell tickets and keep the show interesting to more casual fans. 

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Madonna does follow Emmanuel Adjei on Instagram, so I bet he will be the director of her new video. I'm very happy with that, the videos he did for Sevdaliza are quite good. It's a new direction for Madonna. And now that she's following Omar Edwards, a musical director as well, I feel a real reinvention is taking place.

Emmanuel Adjei is very exciting indeed!!! 

....can’t say Jay-Z’s musical director Omar Edwards is filling me with the same delight 🤨.....but at least he’s someone new. 

3 hours ago, iamme said:

Serious question. If you have to choose between commercial success or multiple Grammys awards, which one would you choose, cannot be both. I’d prefer this album be the best of her career and win at least 5 major Grammys awards. 

I choose critical acclaim over commercial success. In this last stage of her career, it is important that she leaves some albums of great quality. 

9 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Fuck the Grammys!!! Commercial success is way more important because it means people are hungry for her music! 

I don't think the original idea was a mere "grammy" but rather, an artistic masterpiece and industry respected record.  Gosh.... Madonna has been robbed of so many Grammies.... and other accolades over the years.  Paula Abdul won a crapload of Grammies the same year Like a Prayer was completely ignored.  As for me, I do not care about commercial success.  At this point, nobody will ever catch up to Madonna anyway.  I am more interested in making "her"story than commercial history.  

57 minutes ago, berke said:

Take this with a pinch of salt but a Madonna fan I started talking to recently who seems to have some info regarding a change in schedule and the reasons for it. I'm not sure if there is any truth to this but wanted to share anyway since it is pretty interesting. Appearently the record was ready to be released August 2018, it was produced by her and Mirwais  but somewhere along the way it was decided (not by her from what I understood) that it didn't include any hits or any song that would appeal to the mainstream. 

Not impossible. August would’ve been good marketing wise and she did tease Beautiful Game. Why would she if it were just an album track? And the Maluma guy only came into the picture post Aretha gate, and so did Anitta. And let’s not forget that Robster’s insider did say the album was top-notch, but not particularly cohesive  

But some things don’t add up. Nakhane (who doesn’t scream hit collaboration and who I doubt Interscope would’ve suggested), if he is to be featured at all, is a recent addition. And if I’m not mistaken, the Batuka ladies video (not commercial either) was shot post August. (Was it?) Plus, Billboard was on board right from the start, wasn’t he? It could be that she started out commercial and then changed gears halfway through, with Mirwais  

But can we really rely 100% on Madonna’s music instincts in this day and age? I mean, it’s the same woman who picked GMAYL over I’m Addited (Interscope’s choice apparently) and (almost) Candy Shop over 4 minutes. Maybe a little external input wouldn’t hurt. We’ll see. 

1 hour ago, berke said:

Bullshit. We've known for a a long time that she's supposed to be booking arenas for Europe in Aug/Sept 2019. There's no way she could've dropped a new album in Summer 2018. 

1 hour ago, trickyricky said:

the album must have been completed with tracklisting because thats why i think nikki minaj unfollowed madonna because she is not using something they worked together on or even worse using cardi b instead lol ...ouch

really? nikki is butt hurt? 

4 hours ago, iamme said:

if we're talking Album of the Year and Song/Record of the Year, then I'd say I would prefer multiple Grammies... if it's just some Best Dance award, no thanks, I'd prefer a commercially successful album

2 hours ago, berke said:

Madonna used the hashtag „Disco God“ to describe Mirwais back in June 2018 already which means that the Disco inspired dance song (which she already teased twice) was already done by that point. So I don’t believe for a second that Mirwais and her hadn’t any commercial sounding tracks ready and she was forced to add more songs to an already finished album. It’s bullshit.

20 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Madonna used the hashtag „Disco God“ to describe Mirwais back in June 2018 already which means that the Disco inspired dance song (which she already teased twice) was already done by that point. So I don’t believe for a second that Mirwais and her hadn’t any commercial sounding tracks ready and she was forced to add more songs to an already finished album. It’s bullshit.

Agree

if anything she could have already started the visuals on the album, i think it was always Q1 2019

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

I choose critical acclaim over commercial success. In this last stage of her career, it is important that she leaves some albums of great quality. 

rebel heart had critical acclaim ......

1 hour ago, sul8323 said:

I don't think the original idea was a mere "grammy" but rather, an artistic masterpiece and industry respected record.  Gosh.... Madonna has been robbed of so many Grammies.... and other accolades over the years.  Paula Abdul won a crapload of Grammies the same year Like a Prayer was completely ignored.  As for me, I do not care about commercial success.  At this point, nobody will ever catch up to Madonna anyway.  I am more interested in making "her"story than commercial history.  

Well, Beyawnsé got like a gazilion of those useless Grammies too. So what? It doesn’t make her story any more relevant! Madonna will always be the pop pioneer, the reinvention Queen, the one who was brave before anyone else dared! That’s her story! Grammies can go fuck themselves! 

2 hours ago, berke said:

It's a shame that you're first post should also be your last... goodbye

1 hour ago, loowee said:

Bullshit. We've known for a a long time that she's supposed to be booking arenas for Europe in Aug/Sept 2019. There's no way she could've dropped a new album in Summer 2018. 

Exactly. Looking at her past timelines for making an album, this album was never going to be out in Summer '18, Fall would've been the absolute earliest and even that would be expediting the "normal" timeline. Can't stand it when people try to create completely false, unfounded narratives....trying to make it "credible" by saying it's from some insider. Don't buy the fake news people!

3 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Well, Beyawnsé got like a gazilion of those useless Grammies too. So what? It doesn’t make her story any more relevant! Madonna will always be the pop pioneer, the reinvention Queen, the one who was brave before anyone else dared! That’s her story! Grammies can go fuck themselves! 

Madonna has never really been really thirsty for awards i dont think she sees them as relevant to her to be honest ...im sure she has talked about awards before ..i mean david bowie won how many grammys ??i guess to truly be a artist you cant be thirsty for awards 

its not the game its how you play