Woman furious after her date refuses to pay for her £100 lobster and wine

horn

Guy Refuses To Pay $126 For His Date’s Food, So She Shows Him Her True Colors

By Gerda

First dates can be an awkward social minefield in general, and this little ambiguity only adds to the confusion. Reddit user u/CuteBananaMuffin decided to share his story recently, and it’s fair to say, his date was definitely the old-fashioned type. After doing the progressive (and frankly, fair) thing on the first date, he thought he’d try to ask her out again. He obviously thought it had gone pretty well, and perhaps it had, up until the fateful moment the restaurant bill appeared.

guy-refuses-pay-first-date-dinner-2-5c33guy-refuses-pay-first-date-dinner-3-5c33guy-refuses-pay-first-date-dinner-4-5c33guy-refuses-pay-first-date-dinner-5-5c33guy-refuses-pay-first-date-dinner-6-5c33guy-refuses-pay-first-date-dinner-7-5c33guy-refuses-pay-first-date-dinner-5c3307

“The date was fun at first until she started talking about another guy and how much she liked him, but I thought ‘let’s eat, talk and leave’ since she’s into another guy, and it all crumbled when it came to the bill,” he told Bored Panda. “She was shocked that I let her pay. She didn’t say anything at the time, but from her facial expression I realized she was furious.”

“I usually pay for both sides when it comes to the bill, but I’m a student and I work 60 hours a week to pay for food, books etc. so I obviously couldn’t afford to pay 110 euros for her food. I asked her out again to apologize pretty much for the previous time, hoping we can go to a cheaper place so I could make up for it, but as you can see, the result was really bad…

https://www.boredpanda.com/guy-refuses-pay-first-date-dinner/

On 1/10/2019 at 12:53 AM, Lolo said:

Definitely fake. 

Also: bored panda?? 🙃

Yes.  This guy is either attention seeking or spreading fake stories.  If he had an ounce of intelligence,  he would never contact her again going by his story and those texts.  Not only did she expect him to pay for her expensive meal but she was talking about wanting to be with another guy while on a date with him.  Now who on Earth,  would text her again for another date.  Then share it all around.  If true,  both are as stupid and bad as each other but I doubt it even happened.  Think it is as fake as hell or a set up for attention.