MadonnaNation.com Forums
JR!

Coachella 2019 Line up...

The most average Coachella’s line-up of the decade.

They have run out of people to perform clearly

a few good artists, but overall soooo boring. they almost seem embarassed to name them all.

Christine and the Queens is the ONLY worthy artist. They should just fire everyone else and make it her show. I wouldn’t go if they paid for my flight, hotel and tickets. 

Dreadful. I REALLY want to like Ariana Grande but damn.......I seriously haven't heard ONE song that I would care to hear again from her. All of these kids at work were going crazy over Thank U, Next when it first came out so I thought maybe she really hit a home run this time......was so disappointed and baffled when I actually heard it. Granted, I think the people I knew were more so going crazy over the video than the song but still.....it's just so basic!!! It just blows my mind at what's now considered to be "good". 

Re-reading my post and I think it just boils down to the fact my ass is fucking old now! :lol: Idc though, these basic hoes have NOTHING on the brilliance of M and her contemporaries from the 80's and 90's.

42 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Dreadful. I REALLY want to like Ariana Grande but damn.......I seriously haven't heard ONE song that I would care to hear again from her. All of these kids at work were going crazy over Thank U, Next when it first came out so I thought maybe she really hit a home run this time......was so disappointed and baffled when I actually heard it. Granted, I think the people I knew were more so going crazy over the video than the song but still.....it's just so basic!!! It just blows my mind at what's now considered to be "good". 

Re-reading my post and I think it just boils down to the fact my ass is fucking old now! :lol: Idc though, these basic hoes have NOTHING on the brilliance of M and her contemporaries from the 80's and 90's.

My coworker loves Ariana and he’s in his early 20’s and so I give her a pass (also her love for M) and I will admit when I hear her songs in a bar, I find them listenable. I don’t have any of her music on my phone nor do I care to relisten to any of it. Music sucks today. That’s all there is to it. 

Tragic. Only Ariana is even remotley exciting. I dont even know who Tame Impala is.

10 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Tragic. Only Ariana is even remotley exciting. I dont even know who Tame Impala is.

Tame Impala is pure genius! Their album Currents has been my most played indie-rock album in the last 5 years. Ariana is a snooze fest compared to TI. 

The last 2 records of Tame Impala are excellent. Rihanna even faithfully covers one of their songs on ANTI. That said, they are not known enough to be the headliner of the saturday.

3 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

The last 2 records of Tame Impala are excellent. Rihanna even faithfully covers one of their songs on ANTI. That said, they are not known enough to be the headliner of the saturday.

But better than everyone on the whole lineup besides Christine 

Are there no actual bands on the promo circuit this year? Who the hell goes to a music festival to see ARIANA GRANDE?

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Are there no actual bands on the promo circuit this year? Who the hell goes to a music festival to see ARIANA GRANDE?

Someone who’s just there for the drugs and sex

13 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Someone who’s just there for the drugs and sex

Even then, I thought her fanbase was mostly pre teen girls (from my limited exposure to it). She just seems a strange choice...

coachella seems to be a place where everyone tries very hard to be hipster & people who wear shirts with bands they don't know come together. How odd

Ew 

The Gov Ball lineup is even more pathetic. Hahahahaha

I just take a look at the Gov Ball lineup and you're right, it's really awful. With the exception of a few names (Mitski, the 1975, Kacey Musgrave, Florence, Sza), it is to be bored.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:38 PM, dcbyebyebaby said:

Hope M joins Ariana or Diplo for a show. it would be a great promo for the new era for sure.

I love Ariana, wish I could see her live ❤️

On 1/6/2019 at 1:13 AM, Mensch said:

Tame Impala is pure genius! Their album Currents has been my most played indie-rock album in the last 5 years. Ariana is a snooze fest compared to TI. 

Preach! They are amazing!! I've seen them several times now and they put on a fucking trippy show. Best was when they just started out and performed at Splendour in the Grass here in Australia. Mind was blown!

Ariana? At a festival? Please.... :rotfl:

Now I will sound very old (which, at 40, I guess I'm up there), but I dream of a 'nostalgic' festival that brings back all the greats...and maybe some select bands/artists that are current, but who the oldies have hand picked as complimentary. Garbage, Pumpkins, No Doubt, Pixies, Sonic Youth... And huge electronic acts from yesteryear...Chemical Brothers, Underworld...I can't think of everyone I wish I had seen in my life, but you get the idea. Perhaps would seem lame to some, but I would love it.

Maybe festivals have had their day? In the 2000s they were prolific in Australia, now it seems there aren't enough (good) acts to sustain them and many have been canned and the rest suck.

Wow, no love for Janelle Monae... ??? 

On 1/7/2019 at 12:58 AM, BrendanT1993 said:

coachella seems to be a place where everyone tries very hard to be hipster & people who wear shirts with bands they don't know come together. How odd

The irony is that it's owned and run by a huge Republican donor... :lmao:

On 1/3/2019 at 10:46 PM, JR! said:

image.png

No Madonna no point

7 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

The irony is that it's owned and run by a huge Republican donor... :lmao:

On 1/4/2019 at 7:12 PM, Genevieve Vavance said:

remember when MADONNA made that event popular?

Gaga fans need to tweet this and report it to the media :lol: "Madonna helping fund Republican anti gay propaganda!"

15 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Wow, no love for Janelle Monae... ??? 

Think she's one of the better artists performing along with Chvrches, and Childish Gambino. I kinda like Monae's older music than the last album even though it seems very well liked and praised.