NYC NYE PERFORMANCE STONEWALL INN!

I hope it doesn’t end with the speech.

I truly hope and pray she does perform at pride it would be so significant the first time she’s done one on her career on the 40th aniversary of Stonewall.

Plus it would be brilliant promotion for the new album to boot.

Some here remind me of those crazy Gaga fans that were convinced the mess her career has been since Born This Way was intentional and some sort of performance piece on the "decay of the blonde pop star" 🤣

43 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Some here remind me of those crazy Gaga fans that were convinced the mess her career has been since Born This Way was intentional and some sort of performance piece on the "decay of the blonde pop star" 🤣

It seams you re looking for a fuck , now sit your ass down .

2 minutes ago, idro said:

It seams you re looking for a fuck , now sit your ass down .

That makes no sense.

On 7 January 2019 at 8:15 AM, trickyricky said:

Possibly

Come on now. A star as professional and who is a well known perfectionist as Madonna would never intentionally get pulled down by her cape in such a painful, dangerous and risky fall. Madonna is not some manipulative idiot and takes her craft and performances seriously. I don't get how any fan could even contemplate that conspiracy theory made up by her haters to try and dispute and quell the praise she was getting for being so professional and brave as the trouper she is. She was mortified on Jonathan Ross when he talked of the fall which she obviously found hard to talk about. 

1 minute ago, Andra said:

What did it do for her?

You really have to even ask? 😂

On top of it she was seen by GP as a pro who continued after the fall like a trooper.

And made the rest of the performance even better.

It made news everywhere.

46 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

On top of it she was seen by GP as a pro who continued after the fall like a trooper.

It made news everywhere.

It did nothjng for LFL despite the attention

50 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

It made news everywhere.

No. It was the first time she didn't look infallible and like a mere mortal. Its not the end of the world but it wasn't a positive. It clearly didn't help the single. Popsters like Madonna, ageing, do not want to look like they are stumbling etc, even though it could have happened to anyone.

Edited by Danny Bubbles

15 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I think it traumatized her for future performances (as we were about to see)

It made her do the brillian edition for RH Tour WITH the cape.

Again, a survivor.

22 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

No. It was the first time she didn't look infallible and like a mere mortal. Its not the end of the world but it wasn't a positive. It clearly didn't help the single. Popsters like Madonna, ageing, do not want to look like they are stumbling etc, even though it could have happened to anyone.

Please, we r not takin bout Gaga here who would have victimized herself and not continued

2 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

I agree. Didn’t help any part of the era. Sure, when I saw living for love live, it did come across triumphant. However, the live performance (even with such a fierce remix) fell flat and cold. The choreography was too stiff for most of it. 

I loved the intro, the vogueing, and the cape “killings”...but the verses and first chorus really didn’t translate well choreo wise. 

I still wish wish she would’ve developed the original dancing from the original performances and made the remix more dances and less stiff

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

I agree. Didn’t help any part of the era. Sure, when I saw living for love live, it did come across triumphant. However, the live performance (even with such a fierce remix) fell flat and cold. The choreography was too stiff for most of it. 

I loved the intro, the vogueing, and the cape “killings”...but the verses and first chorus really didn’t translate well choreo wise. 

I still wish wish she would’ve developed the original dancing from the original performances and made the remix more dances and less stiff

it did nothing for the song as people were so shocked by the fall that they didnt even bother listening but i do think it kind of ended well for her as a performer as madonna 

The fall did nothing for Madonna herself.  It was such a nasty thing for her to go through.  She did not just trip or fall, she was pulled down by her cape.  Falling like that is humiliating  (  although it should not be )  However, when people fall, they feel embarrassed.  Just part of the emotions being felt when falling so heavily. 

What it did do though,  was show the entire world what an incredible professional she is.  She would of been in pain, in shock and she got back up like the professional and star she is and carried on.  As we say so often -  Madonna is not a victim player and is professional, a perfectionist and from the old school of performers who go by the motto "  the Show must go on"   And she did.  Greatest  performer around and so under appreciated by too many. 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The fall did nothing for Madonna herself.  It was such a nasty thing for her to go through.  She did not just trip or fall, she was pulled down by her cape.  Falling like that is humiliating  (  although it should not be )  However, when people fall, they feel embarrassed.  Just part of the emotions being felt when falling so heavily. 

What it did do though,  was show the entire world what an incredible professional she is.  She would of been in pain, in shock and she got back up like the professional and star she is and carried on.  As we say so often -  Madonna is not a victim player and is professional, a perfectionist and from the old school of performers who go by the motto "  the Show must go on"   And she did.  Greatest  performer around and so under appreciated by too many. 

I don’t think Madonna was embarrassed by the fall. Not one bit. She might have been angry/pissed but continued to go on with the performance. It proved that she was a true PRO, a master, a fighter and that she sang LIVE and was in excellent shape. 

I was was so proud of her

Being "embarrassed"  by a fall is how any professional performer would feel. It is not an insult or criticism against Madonna - in fact the opposite.  Madonna is a complete professional and trouper.  She always wants to be in complete control of her performances.  .  I think her reaction and how she went on was incredible.  

7 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Do we agree that the Britz Fall turned into her advantage in the end?

Well, it did show she doesn't let anything stop her during a performance and that she actually sings live.

Did nothing for the song though. Kinda like the VMAs did nothing for "Hollywood" even if everyone and their dog watched at least bits from it at some point.

And let's not get started with the "Madonna fell down the stairs" narrative most people went with when she didn't even fall but was pulled down instead.

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes!! Maybe 'benefit' is the wrong choice of words, but the Brits fall definitely became an unintentional reminder for everyone out there just how much of a great performer M is. People love to drag her down, but after the fall, she gained praise everywhere for her huge professionalism. It was really one of these very rare occurences where she shut down all of her naysayers and critics (except that British moron we don't need to talk about).

So in a way, the Brits fall was a 'good' thing indeed (once again, only talking in terms of public reception, obviously).

17 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Well, it did show she doesn't let anything stop her during a performance and that she actually sings live.

Did nothing for the song though. Kinda like the VMAs did nothing for "Hollywood" even if everyone and their dog watched at least bits from it at some point.

There is an interesting discussion to be had about that...true how Hollywood didn’t rise on the charts even though it was the most notorious performance of the night...same with living for love...is it because it’s M? It is because the controversy shadows the song? 

So with that in mind, would it matter to have M perform on all the big shows? 

Just now, Nonoka said:

Yes!! Maybe 'benefit' is the wrong choice of words, but the Brits fall definitely became an unintentional reminder for everyone out there just how much of a great performer M is. People love to drag her down, but after the fall, she gained praise everywhere for her huge professionalism. It was really one of these very rare occurences where she shut down all of her naysayers and critics (except that British moron we don't need to talk about). So in a way, the Brits fall WAS a 'good' thing (once again, talking in terms of public reception, obviously).

Yes,  totally agree.  I know many Madonna fans can't watch this performance because of the awful fall but I have always found her so inspiring.  

The World needs to keep seeing how great a performer Madonna is.  I often feel so disappointed that so much attention always goes to "controversies"  that are not even really controversial in the scheme of things. Seeing Madonna perform,  her thoughtful intelligent and witty interviews, her award show performances and her incredible video clips showcasing the best music catalogue around is what needs to be promoted non stop.  

I have seen how "younger"  fans are embracing Queen so much due to hearing their great music through the success of Bohemian Rhapsody and I know with all my heart that the exact some thing would happen with Madonna on probably a bigger scale,  if people were continually exposed again to how great Madonna has always been while still promoting her brand new music.  She is such a musical legend and icon and her greatness needs to be promoted and sold to every new generation. 

6 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes,  totally agree.  I know many Madonna fans can't watch this performance because of the awful fall but I have always found her so inspiring.  

The World needs to keep seeing how great a performer Madonna is.  I often feel so disappointed that so much attention always goes to "controversies"  that are not even really controversial in the scheme of things. Seeing Madonna perform,  her thoughtful intelligent and witty interviews, her award show performances and her incredible video clips showcasing the best music catalogue around is what needs to be promoted non stop.  

I have seen how "younger"  fans are embracing Queen so much due to hearing their great music through the success of Bohemian Rhapsody and I know with all my heart that the exact some thing would happen with Madonna on probably a bigger scale,  if people were continually exposed again to how great Madonna has always been while still promoting her brand new music.  She is such a musical legend and icon and her greatness needs to be promoted and sold to every new generation. 

i like how madonna added the fall to her you tube ....i watch it and i just feel so proud ..she absolutely kills the performance after the fall ...she just shook it off you can see her actually just shake it off ...it must have bloody hurt ...it was a difficult era for her ...the leaks , the fall , rocco being a little shit ...lol she even said she would have enjoyed the tour a lot more if all personal things were not happening ...

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna isnt dead though im sure people will kiss her ass when she is 😞 ...

1 minute ago, trickyricky said:

i like how madonna added the fall to her you tube ....i watch it and i just feel so proud ..she absolutely kills the performance after the fall ...she just shook it off you can see her actually just shake it off ...it must have bloody hurt ...

Yes,  I was really proud to be a fan as well.  Her performances always do that to me.  I love it that we as fans,  don't have to worry about substandard performances from Madonna. We don't accept average performances from her because not only do we not need to,  we expect it due to professionalism and brilliance throughout her career.   She does not go out to just wing it or be merely good,  she goes out to impress and it shows.  Even when she suffers a fall like that,  she is professional enough to carry on. 

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I see what you mean , by the way I guess what and HOW she s doing  her thing in the face of the world while she s ALIVE , it s quite  Unique . What you wish for Her is great , but as you and she knows , you have to die first ...and she s living Her life and Her artistic life giving the middle finger to such ipocricy .SHE S THE BEST AND THE WORLD HATE THIS and I love it ' cause that s what they deserve .