NYC NYE PERFORMANCE STONEWALL INN!

54 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

this is when the live feed cut off...wow, so fuckin cute...

damn her voice does sound amazing at the end. i didnt like the outfit on the live feed but in these pics/clips it's more shiney and detailed. didn't she wear that jacket to an event before hmmm.

madonna-parties-at-mert-marcus-exhibitio

5 hours ago, runa said:

I’m surprised you’re still allowed to post here tbqh. You should have the decency to log out and never come back.

Oh I’ve certainly had enough the past few hours. I think Ditadolla was screenshot-ing posts from this forum and secretly sharing it with little monsters on ATRL and Gagadaily to fan the flames with us. He’s flushed along with a few others. And some others have been warned and suspended. 

6 minutes ago, Magician said:

Oh I’ve certainly had enough the past few hours. I think Ditadolla was screenshot-ing posts from this forum and secretly sharing it with little monsters on ATRL and Gagadaily to fan the flames with us. He’s flushed along with a few others. And some others have been warned and suspended. 

Thanks! :brenspin:

7 minutes ago, alquemist said:

907F53AA-C0C4-4C14-80C8-B75F4D1B53F8.gif

If you have a problem with her ass, then you can kiss it.

It was a great speech and a moving/lovely performance. Happy new Madonna year everyone!

she is obviously aware that her ass gets talked about i think its hilarious 

1 hour ago, TearsInHeaven said:

Mensch how was she up close? What was the general consensus of the people there?

Everyone agreed she looked stunning. No one even noticed the ass. 😂😂😂

we danced to madonna for the rest of the night. 

2 hours ago, spotlight said:

I’m always so impressed with David... just like the other five, he’s a good kid from a good family. He never leaves his moms side for a moment. It’s plain to see the adoration he has for M when he looks ant her and vice versa.The relationship he has with his mother and his siblings has been such a joy to witness throughout the years. He’s a family man. He’s just like his mom. 

I simply love how much love there's between them. He's always with here in situations like this! 

6 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

She sang beautifully, what a teat for NYE. I am pretty sure its just padding BTW.

6886390-6449895-image-a-16_1543684834044.thumb.jpg.94e160d0f54016d7f4c91a3393488f9c.jpg

6886402-6449895-image-a-9_1543684641047.thumb.jpg.49f9c3a9d3d88a203c43434b100456c8.jpglovely outfit ,is she carrying her ass padding in that bag lol

The thing is...as I said, I didn’t hear ANY new music, all I knew was that she rehearsed, was going to perform etc...so I was excited that she may premiere something but alas that didn’t happen. 

14 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I simply love how much love there's between them. He's always with here in situations like this! 

I couldn’t agree more karbatal. 

11 minutes ago, Mensch said:

The thing is...as I said, I didn’t hear ANY new music, all I knew was that she rehearsed, was going to perform etc...so I was excited that she may premiere something but alas that didn’t happen. 

you dont need to justify anything you gave us info and you was correct and i thank you ..i enjoyed what she did 

33 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Thank u it was greatly appreciated. ❤️

"For years, violent and humiliating police raids were common occurrences at gay sanctuaries across the country. Discrimination and unjust treatment was beyond comprehension. No gathering place for the LGBTQ community was truly safe, and our brothers and sisters weren't free to celebrate like we are tonight. And we must never forget that. A half a century later, Stonewall has become a defining moment and a critical turning point in history — catapulting LGBTQ rights into public conversation and consciousness, and awakening activism”.

:wow:

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

Everyone agreed she looked stunning. No one even noticed the ass. 😂😂😂

we danced to madonna for the rest of the night. 

Nice to read!! She looked phenomenal!! Thank you for all the info!!

9 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

"For years, violent and humiliating police raids were common occurrences at gay sanctuaries across the country. Discrimination and unjust treatment was beyond comprehension. No gathering place for the LGBTQ community was truly safe, and our brothers and sisters weren't free to celebrate like we are tonight. And we must never forget that. A half a century later, Stonewall has become a defining moment and a critical turning point in history — catapulting LGBTQ rights into public conversation and consciousness, and awakening activism”.

:wow:

:inlove:

JAN 01 2019

https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2019/01/madonna-stonewall-inn-surprise-gay.html

Madonna Surprises Stonewall With Acoustic Set, Warm Speech: WE COME TOGETHER TONIGHT TO CELEBRATE 50 YEARS OF REVOLUTION

Tonight, I received a text from a music-industry pal who said people overseas were chattering about a surprise Madonna appearance tonight in NYC. I immediately envisioned a pop-in at the iconic Stonewall Inn, perhaps a speech and champagne toast. Nobody would talk, not even my friends with connections there. I moved on.

Then, a second friend, this one in NYC, said he'd heard something, too, and we thought it had to be Stonewall. Finally, he heard she would announce at 10 p.m., meaning people would be in a mad dash to get over there, so I had to decide if I should just go and hope for the best, or stay at home.

I grabbed my little camera and dashed over in the crazy traffic.

Downstairs, the club was filled with a young, very diverse (gender, race) crowd. It was only a $5 cover, so that checked out. Nobody seemed to be looking around for Madonna. I figured she'd appear upstairs, so proceeded to the back, only to be told the coat check was optional. I began to worry I'd miss out, thinking they'd have to seal the upstairs off soon, but I made it in and saw a very select number of Madonna fanatics who seemed to have heard what I'd heard — and a bit more!

In the crowd, I ran into a super sweet EM20 reader whose friends (all hot, all tall, all equally firm on the idea that we needed to hold our ground at the front of the audience pit), but everyone else looked like general bar-goers. As time went by so slowly (I arrived by 9:25 p.m. or so), the place got jam-packed. We had lovely and fragile girls and drag queens nearby, but big and aggressive guys on the other sides, so I spent at least half the time just leaning my full weight back to try to keep some breathing room. People were objecting, politely, to be jostled, but everyone kept it fairly light. No NYE fistfights.

Finally, when it was about to hit midnight, Ryan Jamaal Swain of Pose and another cutie whose name I did not get took to the stage and yelled (no mic!) speeches about how 2019 is the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots. They also led the countdown to 12, which was when everyone lost their shit because moments later, Madonna unceremoniously appeared from behind a red curtain.

I loved her festive look — all-black, bejeweled and wearing a whimsical bow that reminded me of Liz Rosenberg's deely-bobber headgear at events. I thought she looked lovely. Some wags later pointed out her mysteriously Minajian backside, but she chose to have more junk in the trunk a few years back, so I'm surprised why it's still such a surprise, and I wondered if someone would do a, “Why'd you come around me with an ass like that?” meme later. Whatever. We're the LGBTQ community, people, a lot of us have ... enhancements!

Madonna was beaming and in great spirits, saying she is “desperately seeking” Stonewall and a good time, a rare reference to her best movie (don't try me) before pulling out some adorable Eileen Brennan-in-Clue reading glasses and noting that 2019 was the year she was giving in and wearing them. (Meanwhile, my eyes went at 40.)

She launched into one of her trademark serious-issue speeches, but I think anyone would agree this one was one of her best in that it had some rousing oratorical heights about fighting for ourselves, each other and for love, and was delivered warmly and wittily. (The card she was reading from was rainbow-colored.)

Favorite chunk:

I see you! I stand here, proudly, at the place where Pride began — the legendary Stonewall Inn — and the birth of a new year. We come together tonight to celebrate 50 years of revolution. Fifty years of freedom-fighting. Fifty years of blood, sweat and tears — can I get an amen?! Fifty years of sacrifice. Fifty years of standing up to discrimination, hatred and — worst of all — indifference. And it all started here, at Stonewall. Let us never forget the Stonewall Riots and those who bravely stood up and said, Enough. Enough brutality, enough violence inflicted on this community, enough stigmatism, enough oppression, enough pain and suffering ... We must never forget where we came from.

Of course she threw in a, “Fuck, yeah!” and raved about New York City as the place where her artistic journey began.

I have heard that Madonna — who was recently announced as a Stonewall ambassador, so is guar-own-teed to be a huge part of World Pride this summer —was enthusiastic about this appearance with the Stonewall Gives Back people, and did it for free, something that you may not realize is very uncommon. Many, many chartable events, even HIV/AIDS events, feature supportive stars who are actually taking huge appearance fees. Madonna was there on her dime, and the way she speaks about queer people is clearly from the heart.

It don't matter if you're in black-and-white. (Image by Matthew Rettenmund — do not publish anywhere without permission)

When that wrapped, she had her teen son David Banda accompany her on an acoustic version of “Like a Prayer.” She sounded great, leading me to think her next tour really could be a stand-there-and-sing affair.

In-between songs, Madonna was teasing the audience about not singing along or emoting, so everyone lost their shit and howled for her, which she appreciated. She joked about leaving for a toast, and with a fan about taking them home, noting she often takes homeless people in. When someone shouted to David that his mom is a legend, she said that legends to him were Aquaman, “Which is normal,” but he was shaking his head no.

Madonna's affection for her kid was so touching. 

They did a sweet duet of the Elvis hit “Can't Help Falling in Love,” on which David actually sang. Madonna's voice was spectacular on that one, especially the closing high note.

With that, she was off, wishing us well and leaving the room electrified.

Afterward, it was interesting hearing the many younger LGBTQ people gushing about how cool her appearance was, how appreciated her words were, in light of her kooky Instagram. The youngsters were won over, and the oldsters had already killed to be there.

It took me over an hour to get my damn coat back, but it was worth it. Now, I just have to figure out someone to shower with a random act of kindness.

Positive, uplifting and inspiring speech. Great that she sang a few songs, would have loved it if the audience was quieter so you could actually hear her! Too much focus on the booty, yes it looked odd from a side angle view, but who cares? This was not about promoting new music or a new look, this was about community & solidarity. A great kickoff to what is going to be an exciting year for us fans.

31 minutes ago, Eyeslikethedesert said:

Positive, uplifting and inspiring speech. Great that she sang a few songs, would have loved it if the audience was quieter so you could actually hear her! Too much focus on the booty, yes it looked odd from a side angle view, but who cares? This was not about promoting new music or a new look, this was about community & solidarity. A great kickoff to what is going to be an exciting year for us fans.

Bravo!!! 👏👏👏