Anitta Bonita Funana Batuka Bo'nina Abdulla Maluma Madonna Ciccone MAGIC.

30 minutes ago, Kim said:

Every single vid/song of this local act posted in this thread is fucking shit. I couldn't care less how many Brazilian teenagers stream it or whatever else.

Agreed and people are expecting this this album to be her best work in years. 

Just now, FeTuoni said:

Don’t. A lot of people in Brazil knows this lady is trash. Madonna was able to handpick the worst we have to offer.

I just don't get it. A country that gave birth to Caetano Veloso and the likes, and she chooses Annitta? I mean, if she's going to go down the route of funk, AT LEAST choose Queen Valesca Popozuda. 

1 minute ago, Bat-Fan said:

There's something we don't expect though: An intelligent post coming from you. 

9 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I don't write off the album based on this. While Madonna is good enough to make crap into something tolerable, the point is she could and should be collabing with the best - which makes....er....magic!

6 minutes ago, runa said:

There's something we don't expect though: An intelligent post coming from you. 

What is your problem?

Isn't it just one song featuring this Annita girl ?   I doubt Madonna would work with Mirwais and instead just chase streaming hits etc.  From what I gather,  it is one song.  The music that Mirwais and Madonna has made previously have been inspired and fantastic.  I might not have loved all of their songs but loved a hell of a lot of them.  

I still have trust in her, no matter what. And if I hate that song, I'll skip it, just like I do with all the songs I don't like. No reasons to be so dramatic. 

TRUST is the key. 

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

I don't write off the album based on this. While Madonna is good enough to make crap into something tolerable, the point is she could and should be collabing with the best - which makes....er....magic!

True and its disappointing she ll choose the trash like Anitta instead of the best like Bebel Gilberto. Bebel was the direction I thought would suit Madonna best (and I thought she would go for). Something like this with M could be amazing:

But I guess she is after the tasteless teen. However we have to hear the album first.

7 minutes ago, runa said:

I still have trust in her, no matter what. And if I hate that song, I'll skip it, just like I do with all the songs I don't like. No reasons to be so dramatic. 

TRUST is the key. 

I'm not being dramatic, look at Rebel Heart. It was a going in an amazing direction and then Kanye West came in and remixed the entire thing literally in the last couple of months. Like, oh, guess what, JUST KIDDING, here's the new sound.

At the end of the day we have so many songs to choose from and I LOOOOOOVE Rebel Heart, but... given what happened I am nervous and skeptical. 

Also, remember what happened with William Orbit? He said she was way too preoccupied with other things to create the album he thought they were going to create. 

30 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I just don't get it. A country that gave birth to Caetano Veloso and the likes, and she chooses Annitta? I mean, if she's going to go down the route of funk, AT LEAST choose Queen Valesca Popozuda. 

Exactly. We have amazing people here.

I told you before.. it's because they met at oseary's wedding in brazil.

Im glad we have this awesome little teaser.. Mirwais is the biggest hope. let's hope he's the main producer and involved in most if not all of the work

16 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I told you before.. it's because they met at oseary's wedding in brazil.

Im glad we have this awesome little teaser.. Mirwais is the biggest hope. let's hope he's the main producer and involved in most if not all of the work

I KNEW HE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS :dead:

Is this sample for real? 

How is Mirwais the biggest hope ?   Madonna has been making incredible music for years.  With all different producers.   We really do sell her so short.  Patrick Leonard, Steven Bray, Nile Rogers, William Orbit, Stuart Price and Mirwais to name but a few.  Madonna is the magic ingredient in all of her great work.  People should not forget that. 

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

How is Mirwais the biggest hope ?   Madonna has been making incredible music for years.  With all different producers.   We really do sell her so short.  Patrick Leonard, Steven Bray, Nile Rogers, William Orbit, Stuart Price and Mirwais to name but a few.  Madonna is the magic ingredient in all of her great work.  People should not forget that. 

Jazzy Jan 2020

18 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

YES YES YES!!! Essential viewing for any true music lover! I thank god that I'm not that easily fooled or brainwashed and have never cared what the masses think. The music industry is in a VERY sad state!

14 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I KNEW HE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS :dead:

Is this sample for real? 

Yup, I created it from sampling the audio from one of the videos she posted from inside the recording studio on instagram. This is actual music from the new album, only a few seconds, looped over and over again...

1 minute ago, robster said:

Yup, I created it from sampling the audio from one of the videos she posted from inside the recording studio on instagram. This is actual music from the new album, only a few seconds, looped over and over again...

Thank you! 

50 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I'm not being dramatic, look at Rebel Heart. It was a going in an amazing direction and then Kanye West came in and remixed the entire thing literally in the last couple of months. Like, oh, guess what, JUST KIDDING, here's the new sound.

At the end of the day we have so many songs to choose from and I LOOOOOOVE Rebel Heart, but... given what happened I am nervous and skeptical. 

Also, remember what happened with William Orbit? He said she was way too preoccupied with other things to create the album he thought they were going to create. 

That’s not what happened. Fans heard tons of material they were never meant to, became entitled backseat producers, formed conclusions about what the final album was going to sound like, thought they were privvy to the recording/mastering creative process, and ended up disappointed because of their own theories. Rebel Heart is a fantastic record...as is.

6 minutes ago, Shaun said:

That’s not what happened. Fans heard tons of material they were never meant to, became entitled backseat producers, formed conclusions about what the final album was going to sound like, thought they were privvy to the recording/mastering creative process, and ended up disappointed because of their own theories. Rebel Heart is a fantastic record...as is.

I completely disagree and so do many people on this forum and her fans (it's even mentioned in the Album's English wikipedia entry in the first paragraph). But more power to you for loving the final Kanye West mixed version 👍

P.S. Before I get attacked or banned, I know Kanye West didn't remix every single track, but every single track was remixed over and over again by several different producers and co-producers and, as a fan of music and someone with ears and an opinion, I have the right to not like that and think it severely degraded the quality of the final product without being labeled an "entitle backseat producer."

5 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I completely disagree and so do many people on this forum and her fans (it's even mentioned in the Album's English wikipedia entry in the first paragraph). But more power to you for loving the final Kanye West mixed version 👍

P.S. Before I get attacked or banned, I know Kanye West didn't remix every single track, but every single track was remixed over and over again by several different producers and co-producers and, as a fan of music and someone with ears and an opinion, I have the right to not like that and think it severely degraded the quality of the final product without being labeled an "entitle backseat producer."

Yep, we’ll just have to totally disagree.

2 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Lol because Wikipedia is a valid source. That doesnt even read like it should be there. It sounds like a fan obsessed with the demos added it.

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

Lol because Wikipedia is a valid source. That doesnt even read like it should be there. It sounds like a fan obsessed with the demos added it.

No, because that's what the general public and critics thought of the album. Great songs, but lacking cohesion. Read a review.

34 minutes ago, robster said:

Actually that sample sounds better than his whole work with Madonna (minus Paradise and FL), for me. Hopefully she ll use it this way and not alter it to make it sound more like Anitta=trashy.

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Actually that sample sounds better than his whole work with Madonna (minus Paradise and FL), for me. Hopefully she ll use it this way and not alert it to make it sound more like Anitta=trashy. 

BACKSEAT ENTITLED PRODUCER WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW :lmao:

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Isn't it just one song featuring this Annita girl ?   I doubt Madonna would work with Mirwais and instead just chase streaming hits etc.  From what I gather,  it is one song.  The music that Mirwais and Madonna has made previously have been inspired and fantastic.  I might not have loved all of their songs but loved a hell of a lot of them.  

And we don't even know if it will be in Annita's album, if it will be in Madonna's, if it will be included anywhere at all! 

Why are we talking about Anitta AGAIN in this thread is beyond me. Really, this thread makes my HATE grow :lmao: