Anitta Bonita Funana Batuka Bo'nina Abdulla Maluma Madonna Ciccone MAGIC.

7 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Questioning artistic decisions may make be a little more appropriate after you hear the results of their artistic decision.

Stop being logical!

9 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Questioning artistic decisions may make be a little more appropriate after you hear the results of their artistic decision.

Choosing to collab with a certain individual is an artistic decision that merits discussion. The result of that also merits discussion.

Aren’t we here to talk about Madonna? To discuss and celebrate her work? Why do people get so butthurt? Do you think Madonna herself will award you with a BEST FAN trophy? Didn’t she teach us we should speak our minds? No one is being disrespectful to her. Come on...

26 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Duh I’m dramatic I’m Latino 

7 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

im gay of course im dramatic 

Guys, I also love me a bit of drama. :tongue: I just don't think that neither the possible Anita collaboration or the ass enhancement possibility should leave us concerned. 

I personally feel that if the collaboration with Anita happens, it will certainly fit with the world music vibe of the album, and M will make it work. I for one am really excited about the prospect, and I'm not a fan of Anita whatsoever. Commercially speaking, it's also a good move, as Brazil has a massive market and a very dedicated Madonna fanbase.

Regarding the ass situation, for me it's just ridiculous. First, we can only see it sideways, and never get a full view. When comparing with previous photos or videos, it doesn't seem different from how it was a year or so ago. People are making it sound as if the media are dragging her, but I just had a look and I didn't see anything that negative. 

6 minutes ago, humanracin said:

I'm starting to seriously think that we're getting a double album for real  this time (what she originally wanted for Rebel Heart).

Album 1 "Magic" 

Album 2 "Mixtape" fun trashy pop full of all these rumoured features.

Now that I read this it sounds really possible. With all the rumoured duets with Drake, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus now Maluma and Anitta i dont believe her to put them all duets in one album (and since she claimed her new album is nothing like all the music and featurings going on nowadays). Plus I remember one of her Ig stories i guess where she wrote something about a ''mixtape''...

Btw this is my very first post on here 🙂 Hello evryone! I'm so excited and ready for the new album and era ❤️ 

She collaborated with MIA and came up with GMAYL and B-Day Song ffs. Just because Anitta is featuring on one of the songs doesn’t mean shit. BIM sounds nothing like Nicki’s own music either. 

my worry with this Anitta collaboration isn't Madonna's part.... it's Anitta's part that Madonna doesn't really have much influence over.... I mean, sure, she's in charge, but I doubt she'll be writing the Portuguese lyrics and turning this girl into something more than she is

53 minutes ago, humanracin said:

I'm starting to seriously think that we're getting a double album for real  this time (what she originally wanted for Rebel Heart).

Album 1 "Magic" 

Album 2 "Mixtape" fun trashy pop full of all these rumoured features.

that's what i'm starting to think too , two completely different sonic approaches , released separately 

53 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Choosing to collab with a certain individual is an artistic decision that merits discussion. The result of that also merits discussion.

Aren’t we here to talk about Madonna? To discuss and celebrate her work? Why do people get so butthurt? Do you think Madonna herself will award you with a BEST FAN trophy? Didn’t she teach us we should speak our minds? No one is being disrespectful to her. Come on...

Understood. So, as we've discussed ad nauseam, Anitta is skanky piece of Brazilian garbage, Madonna's slowly but surely losing the plot......but we're still excited and hopeful for her album....allegedly....although I think some of us are more excited to critique it when it comes out rather than listen to it with an open mind. :lol: So anything new in this area to discuss?? Seems like it's just going around in circles. Tbqh, I ask myself the very same question. Do people that constantly rag on her decisions think they're getting the MOST OBJECTIVE FAN award? Do you think she'll see these opinions and send you a PM thanking you for opening her eyes?? I mean wtf. It goes both ways. 

Just notice patterns....it's usually the same people that seem to have the same problems with EVERYTHING.....and obviously they're entitled to be negative about everything and set themselves up for disappointment....but what's the point??

My mum said “thats not her arse” the minute she saw the hung up video. I’ve noticed it since MDNA onwards. The media have been very slow. It was huge at the vmas even in the flowing gown. But it’s her ass. 

What at I am annoyed about is her definition of #soon. 

I think the the label didn’t like the first album. In my opinion. And she thought fuck it I’ll make the record I want. Could be wrong though 

Edited by Danmacevents

46 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Understood. So, as we've discussed ad nauseam, Anitta is skanky piece of Brazilian garbage, Madonna's slowly but surely losing the plot......but we're still excited and hopeful for her album....allegedly....although I think some of us are more excited to critique it when it comes out rather than listen to it with an open mind. :lol: So anything new in this area to discuss?? Seems like it's just going around in circles. Tbqh, I ask myself the very same question. Do people that constantly rag on her decisions think they're getting the MOST OBJECTIVE FAN award? Do you think she'll see these opinions and send you a PM thanking you for opening her eyes?? I mean wtf. It goes both ways. 

Just notice patterns....it's usually the same people that seem to have the same problems with EVERYTHING.....and obviously they're entitled to be negative about everything and set themselves up for disappointment....but what's the point??

There’s a huge difference in being negative and being an adult and discussing Madonna. Of course I’ll listen to the Anitta song, but I hate the ideia of that collab... if this is not the place to voice these opinions then where else? We’re all entitled to our opinions and we, as Madonna fans, should celebrate freedom of speech. I do agree that people who are here only to bring her down should be banned or something. But other than that I don’t know what the problem is... maybe we should get a manual or someone to tells us what we are and aren’t allowed to discuss so that the premium end enlightened fans won’t get upset. 

40 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I can understand all the meltdowns over assgate since it was pretty noticeable. But, frankly, why are we freaking out about the artistic direction of an album we know almost nothing about? 

It’s funny how people feel comfortable to body shame Madonna but get all pissed when others want to talk about music and artistic choices. Assgate... 

52 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I can understand all the meltdowns over assgate since it was pretty noticeable. But, frankly, why are we freaking out about the artistic direction of an album we know almost nothing about? 

Speaking for myself here but because I have nothing else to talk about since there’s Literally no news so might as well make things interesting  :lmao: 

6 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Look it may turn out that the anitta feature is just for a remix version of the single!

we could still get a lead single off the album which is solo Madonna. 

Wait... the rumor is that the LEAD single is featuring Anitra? Please tell me that’s not the rumor 

1 hour ago, luizotaviobarros said:

No one's even freaking out. Someone posted Anitta's awful music and people naturally commented on how awful it is which of course means that everyone is now anti Madonna and hoping the album fails and thinks the whole thing is going to be crap and blah blah.... same old story.

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

No one's even freaking out. Someone posted Anitta's awful music and people naturally commented on how awful it is which of course means that everyone is now anti Madonna and hoping the album fails and thinks the whole thing is going to be crap and blah blah.... same old story.

It is the same old story! Anytime the word "collaboration" is mentioned and it's not a collab with someone like Depeche Mode or Pet Shop Boys then a meltdown ensues. It's been the same story since Hard Candy really......or MATM if you want to take it back a little further.

43 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

There’s a huge difference in being negative and being an adult and discussing Madonna. Of course I’ll listen to the Anitta song, but I hate the ideia of that collab... if this is not the place to voice these opinions then where else? We’re all entitled to our opinions and we, as Madonna fans, should celebrate freedom of speech. I do agree that people who are here only to bring her down should be banned or something. But other than that I don’t know what the problem is... maybe we should get a manual or someone to tells us what we are and aren’t allowed to discuss so that the premium end enlightened fans won’t get upset. 

You can discuss what you want.  People that are always negative in every single thread etc are flushed but having a view on someone she collaborates with is perfectly natural.  I have always been interested in what people from Brazil think of Annitta as I truly had not heard of her before.  I confess to also not liking any of the music posted but will wait and see how it all turns out. It could be a fantastic song with a great beat etc. Who knows.    Collaborations are a tricky thing.  I am one of the very very few who liked Love Song with Prince although I admit it was not the " mind blowing classic"  we all expected. Still found it interesting and different. We never really know what they will sound like until they are released.  

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

You can discuss what you want.  People that are always negative in every single thread etc are flushed but having a view on someone she collaborates with is perfectly natural.  I have always been interested in what people from Brazil think of Annitta as I truly had not heard of her before.  I confess to also not liking any of the music posted but will wait and see how it all turns out. It could be a fantastic song with a great beat etc. Who knows.    Collaborations are a tricky thing.  I am one of the very very few who liked Love Song with Prince although I admit it was not the " mind blowing classic"  we all expected. Still found it interesting and different. We never really know what they will sound like until they are released.  

my thoughts exactly. M has always done featurings (even if they weren't called that back then) - love song, now Im following you, i want you, sing, guilty by association, id rather be your lover, me against the music, be careful - some were very much madonna songs, some were departures, but the world didnt end and it has given us such a rich tapestry of music to enjoy. I have liked every single collab she has done over the years (except one).

3 hours ago, RayOfLight5 said:

Now that I read this it sounds really possible. With all the rumoured duets with Drake, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus now Maluma and Anitta i dont believe her to put them all duets in one album (and since she claimed her new album is nothing like all the music and featurings going on nowadays). Plus I remember one of her Ig stories i guess where she wrote something about a ''mixtape''...

Btw this is my very first post on here 🙂 Hello evryone! I'm so excited and ready for the new album and era ❤️ 

Welcome to the forum!

32 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

It is the same old story! Anytime the word "collaboration" is mentioned and it's not a collab with someone like Depeche Mode or Pet Shop Boys then a meltdown ensues. It's been the same story since Hard Candy really......or MATM if you want to take it back a little further.

I've seen Madonna forum meltdowns over the years and this ain't shit compared to that ish!

anitta is not using madonna , madonna is working with anitta due to wanting to target the market she thinks her new music will most appeal too ...

its a business move and i think its a good one 

i actually the the single with anitta will be released within the next 3 weeks 

I agree. I use to worry and cringe sometimes hearing on a collaboration or with a remake etc. For one, I thought her singing American  Pie was the worst idea ever.  I hate the original. I just couldn't even imagine the possibility of her doing that song. Man I was so wrong. I ended up loving her version of it and the video. I learned the hard way to sit tight and not fully prejudge her decisions until we hear and see it. 

Few major artist released few single Thursday now. Ariana did it, shawn mendes to name a few. I don't say they are right but it's not impossible. The fact NOM relate this date when "exclusive Magic" is known to be a fake account. I wonder why. 

3 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

Few major artist released few single Thursday now. Ariana did it, shawn mendes to name a few. I don't say they are right but it's not impossible. The fact NOM relate this date when "exclusive Magic" is known to be a fake account. I wonder why. 

because people are presuming she will perform at the grammys so to release the single a week before then would be wise but i actually dont think she will be at the grammys 

48 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I have always been interested in what people from Brazil think of Annitta as I truly had not heard of her before.  I confess to also not liking any of the music posted but will wait and see how it all turns out. It could be a fantastic song with a great beat etc.

I don’t exactly hate her, but I don’t know her music that well. This is the only song I think I know - arguably her biggest hit here in Brazil:

I’m cautiously optimistic, to be honest. I’d be freaking out if she were to duet with Pablo Vittar, Valeska Poposuda or, God forbid, Jojô Todyinho. But while the Anita feat might alienate part of her hardcore fans, it might also win the GP back and introduce Madonna to a younger generation. 

Up until Hard Candy Madonna used to reign supreme in Brazil. MDNA alienated a lot of people, and Rebel Heart was a non-event as far as airplay goes. If Madonna tours Brazil in this era, I’m not 100% sure she’s going to be able to sell out stadiums anymore. A big crossover hit could easily turn that around.