Anitta Bonita Funana Batuka Bo'nina Abdulla Maluma Madonna Ciccone MAGIC.

So we got hyped up by two "insiders" who basically only shared info because they were themselves benefiting from it by attending the show.

Hit me with  some real news, please.

From what i‘ve HEARD (not a fact) there is no release this winter/Q1, at least not the album. The album is not finished yet, although it was recorded and still needs more production/mixing/mastering etc. They are working on the singles and in the meantime work has to be done on the album. Remember that many artists release their lead single up to 6 months (Witness, Lust for Life) before the album release and that the date can be delayed any time, cause it requires all the scheduling of promo tour, ticket sales etc. It takes a lot of time, work and money for a pop artist to do a release...

i think dou guys should not forget, that if we would get the release date now, we still would wait 3-4 months for it‘s release. So it‘s better to have the release date about a month ahead of the release and thats enough to do all the CD pressings etc. Some albums are announced 3 weeks before they are released.

Edited by stancherry

1 hour ago, Stereo said:

So we got hyped up by two "insiders" who basically only shared info because they were themselves benefiting from it by attending the show.

It’s incredible that people have to be such cynical dicks about ultimately unimportant shit. Grow the fuck up.

1 hour ago, Stereo said:

Uhm, I'm in Holland and had absolutely nothing to gain! Go ride someone else's dick please! NEXT!!!

1 hour ago, Stereo said:

I think all they knew is that she was going to be performing not what she'd be performing or any other exact details. Considering a new album is around the corner, it wasn't unreasonable to think she may be dropping the single. Neither of them ever said anything definitive about anything detailed. It was always vague info left open to interpretation. We totally hyped ourselves up with all the suggestions in the thread yesterday. All we knew is that something was happening....and it did. We should be grateful for our insiders! 

Ugh we need to stop with the negativity. Remember Madonna's main point last night was LOVE! And we have SO much to look foward to this year!!! I remember being a little boy and being SO excited for Music and its crazy that 5 studio albums later im still so fucking excited! Only Madonna!!!

3 hours ago, Stereo said:

You always have had a rotten attitude and you got called out by Kim for posting bogus insider info here years ago under your previous account. :rolleyes:  

I think it was not realistic to expect M to premiere her new single at a relatively small event without an official live stream/recording... all it would create is disappointment because of the low quality recordings, and without a big rehearsal, band, backup vocals etc I doubt the song would sound like the real official version... fans would be excited with anything, but the rest of the internet would be underwhelmed and the whole era would start on the wrong foot. I'm happy with the speech and the two songs she performed.

7 minutes ago, functions_X said:

I think it was not realistic to expect M to premiere her new single at a relatively small event without an official live stream/recording... all it would create is disappointment because of the low quality recordings, and without a big rehearsal, band, backup vocals etc I doubt the song would sound like the real official version... fans would be excited with anything, but the rest of the internet would be underwhelmed and the whole era would start on the wrong foot. I'm happy with the speech and the two songs she performed.

I agree. I was not expecting a full on performance or any debut of new material. She simply took an opportunity to mark her role as ambassador. 

people need to chill shes not going to just randomly release new music its not ready yet and she is not ready yet and who knows maybe she has covered the elvis song and its on the album she sure enjoys singing it ...she will put it out when she is ready to put it out not before ..we all know what happened to rebel heart it was totally fucked up due to the leaks cant we just wait till maybe feb when i think we will hear something official and just be happy she is happy - she prob thought it may have been bad taste to just promote new material at such a important event she does feel very strongly about these issues you know 

3 hours ago, Stereo said:

They were part of people who knew something was happening but couldn't tell more. They were very nice to share at least that we should be prepared for something good. That means much more than what you brought with your message. 

Why would anyone release a new song on the single day of the year nobody is paying attention? Lol 

1 minute ago, Andra said:

I'm glad she didn't do any new material,i was actually worried about it. It just wouldn't have been the right moment last night.

yes ,new song dropping in NYE? people wouldn't care less

2 minutes ago, Andra said:

I'm glad she didn't do any new material,i was actually worried about it. It just wouldn't have been the right moment last night.

I didnt expect anything either i  agree we did not need a mariah carey new years eve disaster to start of the new era ....no thanks ...

1 minute ago, SheldonCooper said:

Why would anyone release a new song on the single day of the year nobody is paying attention? Lol 

Yes well. In that moment people wouldn't pay attention. But the following day it would have spread around like a wild fire.

But I understand that it's too soon for that. We just got our hopes up, and who can blame us for that?

4 minutes ago, Andra said:

Absolutely, and I wasn’t expecting it at all. As soon as it was revealed there’s a life performance it was clear to me there’s no new music involved. 

53 minutes ago, Magician said:

You always have had a rotten attitude and you got called out by Kim for posting bogus insider info here years ago under your previous account. :rolleyes:  

omg!!!

:rotfl:

Just now, karbatal said:

omg!!!

:rotfl:

When I have the time I’ll pull up the post from the old forum. Kim tore him to shreds and he immediately stopped posting after that. It was really embarrassing and hilarious. :lmao:

Just now, Magician said:

When I have the time I’ll pull up the post from the old forum. Kim tore him to shreds and he immediately stopped posting after that. It was really embarrassing and hilarious. :lmao:

If only I had the same memory as you people have. Ive been in this forum like for five decades or something and I only know the name of 5 or 6 posters :lol: