Predict M14 sales

35 minutes ago, Tulio1958 said:

Is there a possibility Madonna will change record company?

Not right now, I don’t think. She owes them another album. 

But say she’s decided to pull out all the stops, pay a huge fine and sign with another label. I think we would’ve had a press release by now: Madonna signs with...

13 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Não agora, não acho. Ela lhes deve outro álbum. 

Mas digamos que ela decidiu retirar todas as paradas, pagar uma multa enorme e assinar com outra gravadora. Acho que teríamos um press release agora: Madonna assina com ...

three albums correct?
this would be the last! I think Warner, Sony would be a possibility

12 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Not right now, I don’t think. She owes them another album. 

But say she’s decided to pull out all the stops, pay a huge fine and sign with another label. I think we would’ve had a press release by now: Madonna signs with...

This is her last album under the Live Nation/ Interescope deal.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:04 AM, Priceless said:

As weird as it sounds, she's too sophisticated, worldly and mature for today's pop audience. 

Actually, I would say Madonna is way too sophisticated for most humans, even in the '80s. "Oh Father", "Mer Girl", "Justify My Love", "Paradise (Not for Me)", FALLING FREE, DEVIL PRAY. . .these are not your usual pop ditties. Madonna is always, always the different one, she is not ordinary, she operates in a way that is incomprehensible to The People.

Like the highly esoteric Druze theology, Madonna is never meant for simpletons who form the majority of world population - despite the fact that she has sold millions of records.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:48 PM, luizotaviobarros said:

Yeah, I think that played a part in Brazil as well. 

Pop radio didn’t touch LFL, and, OK, I don’t blame them. To me, it lacks the punch a lead single should have - feel free to disagree. 

But Ghosttown would’ve been just perfect for our biggest AC radio in São Paulo and I’m positive they would’ve played it non stop for months if a proper record label had pushed the single. 

I want Magic to suceed more than anything else, but interscope has to step up its game

disagree

Her albums that have sold the best have one thing in common, hit(s).

If her new lead single can be a hit (very possible if she plays the Eurovision) then the sales will be healthier than RH because it was only the die hard fans that tapped into it because it lacked any hits.

14 hours ago, Confessit said:

Her albums that have sold the best have one thing in common, hit(s).

If her new lead single can be a hit (very possible if she plays the Eurovision) then the sales will be healthier than RH because it was only the die hard fans that tapped into it because it lacked any hits.

What makes a song a hit ? Not just the song itself, not one performance either...it's much more complicated

you all better expect for low numbers to avoid any dissapointment and to enjoy the era.  I see other fanbases always checking how the singles are doing and if they do bad, they start having meltdowns.
As for me, i'm not expecting the singles to enter on the hot 100. I accepted that her chart power is gone when Ghosttown and Living For Love failed to enter there.

If her music does better than her previous work, it would be a lovely surprise

On 2/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, elijah said:

Interscope WONT step up their game: its her last album with them. They won't lift a finger. The only salvation is with Guy Oseary (if he does it right), the new PR firm and Madonna herself. Madonna has a lot to gain or loose with this album, because after it she would have to sign with a new label. If she wants the money, she will have to make this album success.

And considering the current state of sales in general Interscope has nothing to win with this album's success. They are probably more interested in watching it underperform to prop up their "female pop singer" commodity.

Signing off the distribution of your music to the home of the artist that is being pushed as your replacement is a mistake. I don't know how this conflict didn't register with any of the people involved in signing this deal from her side.