Predict M14 sales

Hopefully she releases on a slow week with a tour bundle and a million different buying options like Kylie did with Golden.

We've got to go all out. I really want her this album to go #1 so all the haters will be reminded who reigns supreme.

I do believe a tour bundle would greatly help.....look what it did for MDNA, thanks to the bundle, it came very close to matching first week sales of COADF. The only downside to that is week #2 when there's no more bundle. ☹️ All those great congratulatory headlines from week one got overshadowed by the (gleeful) press of how she had the biggest drop from number one ever. 

Guest Future feat Quavo
On 1/27/2019 at 6:00 AM, Suedey said:

I Don't Search I Find will debut at No. 7
Killers will debut at No. 2
Funana will debut at No. 1
Batuka will debut no No. 9

on iTunes?

It’s been nearly 20 years since The Backstreet Boys last had a #1 album, 2000’s Black & Blue. This week, DNA, their ninth studio album, returns the band to the top. 

1. *Backstreet Boys (K-Bahn/RCA) 212-222k total activity, 207-217k album

The power of a successful bundle like MDNA's.

On 12/23/2018 at 7:25 AM, CzarnaWisnia said:

Half of RH sales.

Well, without the leaks and with the right choice of the first singles, she may actually sell more than RH 

On 1/6/2019 at 2:43 AM, metalissimo said:

When the album comes out well have to stream it a lot so it will debut on no. 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart like those hop hop rap acts whose albums debut at no. 1 benefiting from streamings. 

Aren't there limits to streaming per account now to prevent the Stan multi streaming?

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Well, without the leaks and with the right choice of the first singles, she may actually sell more than RH 

That’s what I’m hoping. It does piss me off how good RH was, and those songs were ignored by the sheep public. What pissed me off even more was another Ghosttown song being played on radio when it didn’t even compare to M’s powerful ballad. Madonna fans should never forget how good we have it. Her ability has remained consistent. No matter what the radio stations decide, any Madonna song is going down in history as significant because it was recorded by MADONNA. So bring on MAGIC. 

20 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

It's almost 19 years since Madonna had a Billboard Hot 100 #1... sigh... wishing for a breakout hit

It’s just not realistic. She needs a proper label first. And besides, there are NO other 60 year olds on the planet who are charting high on the Hot 100. At this point it’s only setting yourself up for disappointment. I’ll gladly take decent sales and critical acclaim over some quick Hot 100 “hit” 

Have you seen the Hot 100 lately? It’s full of trash. All you need for a “hit” these days is a ton of streams and payola. I’d rather her stay far, far away from that swamp of a chart. She’s so above that at this point. 

So the final numbers are in and the Backstreet Boys debuted at No1 with 236k. They have been completely irrelevant since like 2001 and still managed to open with 236k due to a perfectly executed tour bundle and you're telling me Madonna can't open with similar numbers if they do the bundle the right way like they did with MDNA?

55 minutes ago, Deseo said:

If Kylie Minogue can shift close to 300k of her latest album, I am certain Madonna can double that. 

Well, it will depend on the album in the end.

49 minutes ago, horn said:

In the US?! :shock:

Worldwide. She is around 320k. 

Kylie’s Golden, hit #1 in the UK and Australia, and received very good reviews.

It has sold so far close to 160k in the UK alone, thanks to a great promo campaign by her label BMG, multiple limited edition cassette releases (original edition, tour edition, xmass edition) which all sold out instantly, 5 “singles” (all playlisted by Radio 2 , the biggest British radio station by audience, 4 music videos, numerous TV appearances, a small scale but successful tour. She has more than doubled the sales of her last album.

She is also playing more shows in the summer and headlining Glastonbury. She will surely shift more copies of her album.  

If Kylie can do it? So could Madonna, easily.

Madonna’s outreach and fanbase is far greater than Kylie’s. If managed properly, Madonna could sell at least 700k worldwide. 

23 minutes ago, Deseo said:

It has sold so far close to 160k in the UK alone, thanks to a great promo campaign by her label BMG, multiple limited edition cassette releases (original edition, tour edition, xmass edition) which all sold out instantly, 5 “singles” (all playlisted by Radio 2 , the biggest British radio station by audience, 4 music videos, numerous TV appearances, a small scale but successful tour. She has more than doubled the sales of her last album.

She is also playing more shows in the summer and headlining Glastonbury. She will surely shift more copies of her album.  

Madonna’s outreach and fanbase is far greater than Kylie’s. If managed properly, Madonna could sell at least 700k worldwide. 

If managed properly... here is the problem

4 hours ago, Deseo said:

She has more than doubled the sales of her last album.

That wasn’t really that hard, was it? Kiss Me Once sold about 12 copies.

Madonna will easily sell more than the *impressive* sales of Kylie‘s latest album. 

We should also not forget that all the streams of songs released from the album before the album release accumulate and count towards the opening week of the album.

That's why it is important to release more than just 1 song before the album drops. They will get some streams just because she is Madonna and that will help 1st week numbers.

50 minutes ago, iasonas said:

We should also not forget that all the streams of songs released from the album before the album release accumulate and count towards the opening week of the album.

That's why it is important to release more than just 1 song before the album drops. They will get some streams just because she is Madonna and that will help 1st week numbers.

I hope someone in her team is explaing to her how streaming works and how important it is in 2019. Two singles before the album is releast is so important for its success.

I think her usa sales will be 500-750.. worldwide maybe 2 million.. yes i have high hopes but as long as i get new music and get to see her live i dont care about charts or sales TBH

On 2/5/2019 at 4:01 PM, Deseo said:

so this hasbeen sold over twice as much as RH did in the UK?

On 2/6/2019 at 2:22 AM, iasonas said:

she shoild have the songs out by now..

it will be too late to release them in may

7 minutes ago, johnpaul911 said:

I think her usa sales will be 500-750.. worldwide maybe 2 million.. yes i have high hopes but as long as i get new music and get to see her live i dont care about charts or sales TBH

right.

she will never sell 500k in usa.

her fanbase has seriously dwidled down there recent years

Backstreet Boys scored a top 20 hit at top 40 radio, so that didn't hurt, either. But, yeah, the group looks to be a top concert draw, hence the successful album/concert promo.

If Madonna's album/ticket promotion works like MDNA did- meaning, all dates on sale prior to the album release, and available in both physical and digital copies- the first week could be a decent one. As mentioned, though, the drop thereafter will be big. But these days, a lot of albums - thanks to such promotions- are seeing huge second-week percentage declines.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:25 AM, Kurt420 said:

I do believe a tour bundle would greatly help.....look what it did for MDNA, thanks to the bundle, it came very close to matching first week sales of COADF. The only downside to that is week #2 when there's no more bundle. ☹️ All those great congratulatory headlines from week one got overshadowed by the (gleeful) press of how she had the biggest drop from number one ever. 

Didn't Gaga replace that record shortly after?

1 hour ago, sul8323 said:

Didn't Gaga replace that record shortly after?

There have been plenty of drops larger than MDNA's. Cher fell almost 92% last year.

They should focus on snatching the No1 and not care about the 2nd week drop. It would have to be a 95+% drop to break records.

We need a physical copy bundle and all dates on sale and redeemable before the album release. That's what they did with MDNA and that's what all successful tour bundle campaigns have done. Look at Backstreet Boys, Pink etc..

It will break streaming records on Spotify, Tidal, Luhu and Poodle with over 240 million streams in one week

I Don't Search I Find  will be the top streaming hit of the 2010s at the end of the decade. 

9 hours ago, iasonas said:

There have been plenty of drops larger than MDNA's. Cher fell almost 92% last year.

They should focus on snatching the No1 and not care about the 2nd week drop. It would have to be a 95+% drop to break records.

We need a physical copy bundle and all dates on sale and redeemable before the album release. That's what they did with MDNA and that's what all successful tour bundle campaigns have done. Look at Backstreet Boys, Pink etc..

Ah ok.....so basically, it seems like it's pretty normal now then.

She's such a Queen....even with second week sales drops she was ahead of the curve. :lol: I feel like she and MDNA got a lot of shit because of that back in '12. Like always, Madonna takes the bullets and others breeze into the door behind her unscathed.

Bring on the tour bundle then! Hopefully more like MDNA than RH. Even the tour bundle with the RH release was rolled out sloppily. Such a great album but everything about it's release was just so sloppy.