Predict M14 sales

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

She has lacked good promotion and record company support for the past 2 albums and already I can sense the difference.  

That's a big factor, but also I would add the fact that she didn't choose the best songs from the albums as singles and it has been 17 years since a really groundbreaking video (WIFLFAG).

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

That's a big factor, but also I would add the fact that she didn't choose the best songs from the albums as singles and it has been 17 years since a really groundbreaking video (WIFLFAG).

Absolutely. Imagine she released something like that today!!? I really hope she’s makes an “oh my god have you seen Madonna’s new music” video, but not because there’s loads of celebrities in it 🙄

23 minutes ago, elijah said:

Umm well, she has arguably released at least one more groundbreaking (Die Another Day) or at least filmed one more groundbreaking (American Life) video after that but ok...it’s been a long time.

Things have changed for videos in recent years just as it has changed for albums (or the way people release/consume music). It was certainly easier to release a groundbreaking video 20 years ago than it is today because a) it was easier to touch completely new ground or do things which haven’t been done before, b) people were exposed to them while MTV was still hot which helped to push the single/album sales which caused c) the studios to fork out crazy amounts of money for the making of videos. We should accept the fact that things are different nowadays - not to say that things just got worse and the great era of fantastic videos is more or less over.

19 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Umm well, she has arguably released at least one more groundbreaking (Die Another Day) or at least filmed one more groundbreaking (American Life) video after that but ok...it’s been a long time.

Things have changed for videos in recent years just as it has changed for albums (or the way people release/consume music). It was certainly easier to release a groundbreaking video 20 years ago than it is today because a) it was easier to touch completely new ground or do things which haven’t been done before, b) people were exposed to them while MTV was still hot which helped to push the single/album sales which caused c) the studios to fork out crazy amounts of money for the making of videos. We should accept the fact that things are different nowadays - not to say that things just got worse and the great era of fantastic videos is more or less over.

But she owes her success to her groundbreaking videos as much as to the brilliant music. I think that if she does a creative (and expensive) video with a great song like she used to do, she will have much bigger success than say with the likes of GITM, Celebration etc. videos which look, no scream CHEAP and are absolutely UNINSPIRED. I think its high time she serves another stunning (and expensive) video ala Frozen or TPOG. I still think that the video would have an impact on making or breaking the new Madonna song. She will be clever to fund it, if she wants a hit or at least to sell her record. If the song/album is success, she can afford to tour and she ll continue making huge profits even with expensive videos. 

12 minutes ago, elijah said:

But she owes her success to her groundbreaking videos as much as to the brilliant music. I think that if she does a creative (and expensive) video with a great song like she used to do, she will have much bigger success than say with the likes of GITM, Celebration etc. videos which look, no scream CHEAP and are absolutely UNINSPIRED. I think its high time she serves another stunning (and expensive) video ala Frozen or TPOG. I still think that the video would have an impact on making or breaking the new Madonna song. She will be clever to fund it, if she wants a hit or at least to sell her record. If the song/album is success, she can afford to tour and she ll continue making huge profits even with expensive videos. 

What makes the video for Ghosttown that much different to a video like TPOG (just because you mentioned it)? I‘m genuinely curious. I‘m not a huge fan of the Ghosttown video but I also don’t dislike it. I appreciate the fact that there is a story/concept behind it and she looked absolutely stunning. 

I also think that GMAYL is a brilliant video and it was pretty expensive. Just because we (=most fans) hate the track it doesn’t mean that the video wasn’t spectacular. 

I think what she needs or what you actually mean is that she must release both = hot song and fantastic video.

6 minutes ago, Plaything said:

What makes the video for Ghosttown that much different to a video like TPOG (just because you mentioned it)? I‘m genuinely curious. I‘m not a huge fan of the Ghosttown video but I also don’t dislike it. I appreciate the fact that there is a story/concept behind it and she looked absolutely stunning. 

I also think that GMAYL is a brilliant video and it was pretty expensive. Just because we (=most fans) hate the track it doesn’t mean that the video wasn’t spectacular. 

I think what she needs or what you actually mean is that she must release both = hot song and fantastic video.

Yes,  have to say that I think her videos for the last albums were great.  I loved Ghosttown - song and video - and really blame a lot of it on the song being released early with the other songs and then not promoted and released properly as a single.  I know the video has a different impact for fans though.  Some love it and some don't at all.  GMAYL is one of the best videos made recently from anyone to be perfectly honest - it had humour, movement, was fun and had great looks and effects. .  I know people really hate the song and can't appreciate the video.  I felt Madonna really stepped up her game with videos for the last two albums.  

Am hoping for great songs and the continuation of great videos for this album and am extremely confident that will be the case.   Madonna has made the best pop music and the best pop videos over the years.  Compare her to other artists and it really stands out. 

1 hour ago, Plaything said:

I found TPOG stylish, classy, referential, dark (ish?) and beautifully shot.

Ghosttown: unstylish, predictable, cheap, cheesy. It pretty much ruined the song for me as I expected something similar to TPOG. But that's just my opinion, I know lots of fans love it.

GMAYL was a great video, but the song was... well, it killed her commercial appeal.

And yes, I meant she is long overdue for a great song with fantastic video. 

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Please Do not refer to long term members who have discussed Madonna's music and career in incredible detail here for years and know her career and catalogue like the back of their hands as trolls. 

Re starting threads and having answers you don't personally like in them - well it is part of being on a forum. Get over it. 

"Who shat in your handbag?" doesn't have any connection with Madonna or her career. brit4 I know her career and her catalogue too but kk. brit4

4 hours ago, Plaything said:

Her videos in the last 2 eras were good. Even BIM. I hope we will be able to see her skin pores at the new videos this time. I don't want them to be over-edited again.

:madgemanson:

5 hours ago, elijah said:

I found TPOG stylish, classy, referential, dark (ish?) and beautifully shot.

Ghosttown: unstylish, predictable, cheap, cheesy. It pretty much ruined the song for me as I expected something similar to TPOG. But that's just my opinion, I know lots of fans love it.

GMAYL was a great video, but the song was... well, it killed her commercial appeal.

And yes, I meant she is long overdue for a great song with fantastic video. 

I miss actual storylines in her videos. It seems like from ROL onward those types of videos became fewer and far between. Don't get me wrong, all of the ROL vids are gorgeous and in some cases were forward for their time but from that point forward, most of her videos were more in that vein vs. videos more like TAB, LAP, OF, PDP etc. I think that's where my fondness for Ghosttown lies, it reminds me of those old school videos. Also love her Stevie Nicks-esque look in the video. She looks gorgeous.

5 hours ago, Paul Wade said:

Am I being overly optimistic to say it will outsell The Immaculate Collection?  Lol

Not if you are taking something. ☺

6 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I miss actual storylines in her videos. It seems like from ROL onward those types of videos became fewer and far between. Don't get me wrong, all of the ROL vids are gorgeous and in some cases were forward for their time but from that point forward, most of her videos were more in that vein vs. videos more like TAB, LAP, OF, PDP etc. I think that's where my fondness for Ghosttown lies, it reminds me of those old school videos. Also love her Stevie Nicks-esque look in the video. She looks gorgeous.

Agree entirely. 

The video is absolutely an old school throw back when it comes to its storyline arch. No it’s not groundbreaking or anything, but neither was TAB and that’s pretty beloved by fans. 

I’ll take ANY video from RH over GMAYL. Never understood why that video is so reveared by fans. Sure it’s extremely well produced and colorful and all that, but I’ve always found it to be as tacky as the damn song. 

14 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Agree entirely. 

The video is absolutely an old school throw back when it comes to its storyline arch. No it’s not groundbreaking or anything, but neither was TAB and that’s pretty beloved by fans. 

I’ll take ANY video from RH over GMAYL. Never understood why that video is so reveared by fans. Sure it’s extremely well produced and colorful and all that, but I’ve always found it to be as tacky as the damn song. 

I agree about GMAYL, unlistenable song and really expensive nice looking but horribly boring video... With lots of color.

i always find videos with storyline boring. The last one i remember is this one:

the song is great but the video doesn't have replay value. On the other side, the lead single had a colorfull video and it was quite succesful.

people want aesthetically pleasing videos more than one that has a story. Of course these have a meaning behind  but it's more important the quality of the visuals. Here we have examples:

i don't know you but i'd LOVE something directed by WES ANDERSON (The Grand Budapest Hotel, Moonrise Kingdom, The Royal Tenembaums). His aesthetic and visuals>>>>>>>>>>>>

wesandersoncomposition.jpg?w=1000

12 hours ago, caba1 said:

i always find videos with storyline boring. The last one i remember is this one:

the song is great but the video doesn't have replay value. On the other side, the lead single had a colorfull video and it was quite succesful.

people want aesthetically pleasing videos more than one that has a story. Of course these have a meaning behind  but it's more important the quality of the visuals. Here we have examples:

i don't know you but i'd LOVE something directed by WES ANDERSON (The Grand Budapest Hotel, Moonrise Kingdom, The Royal Tenembaums). His aesthetic and visuals>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, that sounds about right....people want prettiness, good aesthetics w/no substance. If those vids are now the benchmark Madonna needs to meet then, truly, I don't really care what she does....lol. 🤷‍♂️ 

13 hours ago, caba1 said:

don't know you but i'd LOVE something directed by WES ANDERSON (The Grand Budapest Hotel, Moonrise Kingdom, The Royal Tenembaums). His aesthetic and visuals>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear god no. Can’t think of a more tired aesthetic or overrated director. 

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Yeah, that sounds about right....people want prettiness, good aesthetics w/no substance. If those vids are now the benchmark Madonna needs to meet then, truly, I don't really care what she does....lol. 🤷‍♂️ 

It is weird when people rave about stuff that is a quarter of the quality Madonna has done throughout her career and then read people criticising Madonna's videos and music.  is the same when you read people slamming Madonna and then raving about performers/singers who give lacklustre, amateur performances, make maybe 1 good video but nothing outstanding and  who are not fit to tie her shoelaces.  It is bizarre.  Madonna fans often don't seem to realize just how great and wonderful she has been for decades.  

I urge everyone to one day sit down and just watch her videos all the way through from her debut album to Rebel Heart.  Apart from a few that are below standard,  the majority are incredible.  She has made the best pop music and pop music videos of any artist.  Her videos are entertaining, artistic, fun, sad, ground breaking, full of great dancing, great looks - they have everything.  Others can only dream of having such a catalogue.   It amazes me that people are so critical of her yet will praise up "artists"  who have no idea about performing or making a memorable videos. 

17 hours ago, caba1 said:

I don't think the examples were successful cause of the videos. They were successful cause the singers were huge. Minaj gave similar videos but weren't that big this year.

18 hours ago, caba1 said:

people want aesthetically pleasing videos more than one that has a story. Of course these have a meaning behind  but it's more important the quality of the visuals. Here we have examples

As usual, you take your own opinion as fact.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:09 AM, elijah said:

Bull. There are many great and gb videos after that..

On 12/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, Brooklyn Baby said:

Her videos in the last 2 eras were good. Even BIM. I hope we will be able to see her skin pores at the new videos this time. I don't want them to be over-edited again.

:madgemanson:

BIM VIDEO IS AMAZING AND SHITS ALL OVER MANY OLD VIDEOS.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:16 PM, runa said:

As usual, you take your own opinion as fact.

I said " I FIND"...it was an opinion. Please, ignore my comments next time. 

44 minutes ago, caba1 said:

I said " I FIND"...it was an opinion. Please, ignore my comments next time. 

Let me quote you:

people want aesthetically pleasing videos more than one that has a story.

girl bye.