Predict M14 sales

On 12/25/2018 at 1:46 PM, Brooklyn Baby said:

Try to focus at the topic and not post irrelevant comments if you don't care, thanks.

Who shat in your handbag?

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

God I have missed you

23 minutes ago, Kim said:

Bahahahaahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahhahahabhaaabaa

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Don't you trolls have somwhere else to talk about irrelevant stuff? Reportable. brit4 Isn't so hard to post a number as the OP asks and leave. brit4

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Don't you trolls have somwhere else to talk about irrelevant stuff? Reportable. brit4 Isn't so hard to post a number as the OP asks and leave. brit4

You're asking to be banned really aren't you?

4 minutes ago, Suedey said:

You're asking to be banned really aren't you?

No, i'm asking a question and some members here are trolling posting irrelevant posts in the thread. brit4 I didn't do anything worng to be banned, they did. brit4

It is impossible to predict anything when we still know absolutely nothing about this album, but 500 000 WW overall is feasible if the album is very well received by the critics. Given that she performs poorly in streaming, it would be a great success in the current context. If the album is received coldly, it should get by with 300,000 WW overall which would still be very respectable since no one is selling records anymore.

@Kim you are finally back. We missed you.

1 minute ago, Martin B. said:

It is impossible to predict anything when we still know absolutely nothing about this album, but 500 000 WW overall is feasible if the album is very well received by the critics. Given that she performs poorly in streaming, it would be a great success in the current context. If the album is received coldly, it should get by with 300,000 WW overall.

@Kim you are finally back. We missed you.

I don't think the opinion of the critics count that much anymore. I'm saying that according to what is rulling the charts right now... People already love her in Brazil, she will release Spanish/Portuguese music too, she supported them recently with the #EleNão movement so it will get a big boost by there.

egoegw.jpg

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

I don't think the opinion of the critics count that much anymore. I'm saying that according to what is rulling the charts right now... People already love her in Brazil, she will release Spanish/Portuguese music too, she supported them recently with the #EleNão movement so it will get a big boost by there.

egoegw.jpg

On the contrary, for veteran artists the critical reception is one of the most important factors for still selling a few records.  Since radios playing contemporary’s music are inaccessible, this is the best way to have positive visibility of their new material.

Guest eroticerotic
5 hours ago, Kim said:

😍😍😍 welcome back ! ✨✨✨

10 hours ago, Sokrates5 said:

If her first single is a monster hit, as I’m sure it will be, all your sales predictions will triple. It’s Madonna we’re talking about, for crying out loud, of course she has it in her to deliver another master piece. And with the right promotion, she’ll be everywhere.

Media coverage around her birthday was amazing and almost unanimously positive. Yes, the two mentioned backlashes followed suit, but all of it goes to show that the media assume the general public is still interested in her. And they are. If her album is the masterpiece it’s rumoured to be, everyone will celebrate her for having yet another massive comeback, though she never left. Her career has been declared dead and over so many times, it’s funny to see how many of you are inclined to believe it. Mark my words 😘

it's been 13 years since her last acclaimed piece of work and we all know that the context is not the same. This time is different and we need to stop thinking that any news about her is positive because she is getting headlines. Those headlines are calling her pressed, untalented and disrespecful old woman. That's not good.

We can't compare with the backlash she got during Erotica and AL because she had something to say then. An artistic proposal like ir or not. She was young and had recent acclaimed eras. Now everything is about making fun of her and drag her for everything.

But i agree that if the new material is good, she can bounce back a little bit. I hope so, i have faith in Mirwais and her. I want to believe that she still has the ambition and inspiration to close mouths

41 minutes ago, caba1 said:

it's been 13 years since her last acclaimed piece of work and we all know that the context is not the same. This time is different and we need to stop thinking that any news about her is positive because she is getting headlines. Those headlines are calling her pressed, untalented and disrespecful old woman. That's not good.

We can't compare with the backlash she got during Erotica and AL because she had something to say then. An artistic proposal like ir or not. She was young and had recent acclaimed eras. Now everything is about making fun of her and drag her for everything.

But i agree that if the new material is good, she can bounce back a little bit. I hope so, i have faith in Mirwais and her. I want to believe that she still has the ambition and inspiration to close mouths

Very true, when she released Erotica and American Life, she was on the top and those albums shocked people. Now people just don't care and any new marerial will really not shock, it will either bore or do nothing so I really hope she has created something really good.

1 minute ago, Bat-Fan said:

Very true, when she released Erotica and American Life, she was on the top and those albums shocked people. Now people just don't care and any new marerial will really not shock, it will either bore or do nothing so I really hope she has created something really good. 

Similiar thing happened with Mariah this year, she released an album but it sold very poorly. She didn't sell off of her name at all even though she should be able to. This just proves that even in your later years you need to get out there and promote, remind people that you exist, if you want good sales.

7 minutes ago, bitsy said:

Similiar thing happened with Mariah this year, she released an album but it sold very poorly. She didn't sell off of her name at all even though she should be able to. This just proves that even in your later years you need to get out there and promote, remind people that you exist, if you want good sales.

Meh that happened because Mariah didn't release something different. We heard similar stuff by her many times.

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Meh that happened because Mariah didn't release something different. We heard similar stuff by her many times.

Could by. I didn't listen to the album.

I think we can expect M to perform at the grammys next year so that will do something.

Album:

US pre-orders: 25K

US 1st week pure sale: 90K

Us 1st week + streaming + tour bundle: 145K

Wordwide 1st week: 220k

#1 on Billboard Top 200 Albums

1st single: 

#1 on ITunes and Spotify in US, Canada, UK, Australia, Italy, Japan, France, Germany, South America, Russia totaling over 40 countries

#5 on Billboard Hot 100

(Music video) #1 on ITunes and YouTube (#1 trending) over 50 countries 

#1 trending on Twitter 

#1 on BB dance chart

10 hours ago, caba1 said:

I'm desperately trying to find these headlines where they’re calling her pressed, untalented and disrespectful old woman and I can't find any. Can you show them to me? And I'm not talking about some obscure blog or the daily fail. I'm talking about real press and real media. 

Thank you very much.

15 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Please Do not refer to long term members who have discussed Madonna's music and career in incredible detail here for years and know her career and catalogue like the back of their hands as trolls. 

Re starting threads and having answers you don't personally like in them - well it is part of being on a forum. Get over it. 

7 hours ago, caba1 said:

7 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Well, I think you both are selling her very short.  Sad to see Madonna fans thinking of her in such a negative defeatist way even before this era has properly began. 

If people are looking for issues to discuss that are strangely controversial, how about fighting ageism in the world ?  That itself is an issue and barrier that affects so many people but is not discussed much in the scheme of things. 

Madonna has hired a new PR firm. She is an intelligent, talented and trail basing artist who has opened doors for all of the so called superstar females of today. Her new team would be wise and smart to promote that.  Meanwhile, the " current" young superstars already adore her, they have said it enough  and I think the world is ready for Madonna again in a big way. She has lacked good promotion and record company support for the past 2 albums and already I can sense the difference.  

Have some faith. I think you both could be very pleasantly surprised !