Predict M14 sales

It really all boils down to how good the music. New PR and promo will only help if the music is already good. That's the foundation of a good commercial era. But, best-case scenario, i.e. the album resonates with people in a way it hasn't since Confessions, I can see the album outselling Rebel Heart. It will need an extremely strong single, great videos, and heavy streaming from the collaborations,  tour bundles, push on streaming services. Which for all we know, could be in the cards.

Well, he does have a point about the tour. I have the same experience with a lot of people around me too. They all say there's no way they will spend all that money again to be treated like that.

You can't sell out arenas with just fans. You need the general public to show up. Unfortunately she has pissed off a lot of people with the lateness. In 2012 every single show in the US was ridiculously late. Everytime you hear the general public or casual fans talk about her tours the first thing they mention is the lateness and how pissed off they are and blah blah blah.

I couldn't care less personally but I'm also not delusional and know that hardcore fans are not even 20% of an arena show so you need the general public to show up if you want successful tours.

In the 2000s with Drowned, Re-Invention, Confessions and Sticky she was very respected and loved when it came to touring and everyone wanted to go back. All US shows started at 8:45pm sharp pretty much. Lol. Everything was just so professional.

The general public is pretty basic and shallow. They focus on the negatives and lateness is a big negative unfortunately.

Guess iIf the music is good and her team promotes the new album correctly, it should perform pretty well on streaming services.

Have no idea for sales because much of the GP streams as well too, including people who grew up with her in the eighties.

I’m a physical guy all the way....I own all my songs (well over 16,000...from the 50s to the present) I don’t stream regardless if it’s the norm these days...I purchase the albums and rip em into my iTunes....I do however buy many digital singles when I don’t like the whole albums

i buy the digital singles and recent albums from Madonna at midnight on release day until I can get my hands on an actual physical album usually from Amazon seeing as there aren’t anymore record stores around

thats what I did for her Celebration bundle in iTunes with the videos and double album....I purchased the actual dvd, 2-cd & single disc sets

It will be interesting to see how she does in the streaming era, considering that a lot of her fans prefer to purchase physical. 

Not much of a fan of Kylie, but the way her label managed her album ‘Golden’ would be great for M. Special releases such as limited edition vinyl and cassette sealed it a number one position in its first week.

Madonna is one of the most collectable artists, the label needs to realise this and give the fans what they want.

13 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Yeah, that’s just what Madonna needs for her next album. A CASSETTE release, just like Kylie. Wow.

Well cassette sales more than doubled last year and is set to rise in 2019, especially for highly collectable artists. So eat it bitch.

9 hours ago, iamme said:

I went to a RH show in my city with a group of friend whose friends also decided to join us. 11 of us in total, most of which were casual friends who went to the show for the 1st time. She was very late and we had to wait for 2 & 1/2 hours. 

I just spoke with my friends a couple days ago if they would go to one of her shows in 2019 if she ever tours in our city again. Here are what they said “it was ok .. wasn’t worth the way” “boring..I’d expected more from her” “I don’t know any of her new songs”, etc. And they all said they would not go again. 

Majority of people who went to her show more often than not are casual fans. And that’s why I said I highly doubt if those fans ever see her again.

tenor.gif?itemid=10462674

The music is the main thing. many wont like hearing this but she really needs to step up her game again, also when it comes to touring/shows.. I think it's best to start with a few promo shows in little theatres and that way show some innovation. no silliness/rambling and tricycles, just a good theatre show (the MDNA show in olympia meets the AL promo tour or the free show in australia, who knows). otherwise, im afraid she wont be able to sell out even half of some arena shows. of course, the music and videos are the main thing. if those are done a great way and we see some of the innovative madonna again pre 2008, it could work and she'll probably sell a lot. If the album is really great, word of mouth will take care of it.

I'm pretty sure that it won't be so easy to have a sold out tour this time!

It depends on many things. I think the most important thing for the new era is a strong lead single with a good innovative video.

I think this time she really has to release a buzz single prior the lead single.

Whatever the wait for the album is  killing me 😁

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

Well cassette sales more than doubled last year and is set to rise in 2019, especially for highly collectable artists. So eat it bitch.

Yeah I bet they doubled from 50 to 100 copies.

And you better watch your language.

12 hours ago, iamme said:

I went to a RH show in my city with a group of friend whose friends also decided to join us. 11 of us in total, most of which were casual friends who went to the show for the 1st time. She was very late and we had to wait for 2 & 1/2 hours. 

I just spoke with my friends a couple days ago if they would go to one of her shows in 2019 if she ever tours in our city again. Here are what they said “it was ok .. wasn’t worth the way” “boring..I’d expected more from her” “I don’t know any of her new songs”, etc. And they all said they would not go again. 

Majority of people who went to her show more often than not are casual fans. And that’s why I said I highly doubt if those fans ever see her again.

1. This is happening with many artists, imagine with Madonna when her stages are big and has many dancers etc
  2. Madonna is starting late since... forever? But her tours still sold out.

And your friends didnt knew her songs the first time they went to see her too...

12 hours ago, iamme said:

thanks for vox populi 🙄

now it’s time to make some new friends. 

:madgemanson:

bringing up tours in a sales prediction thread is transparent

and who cares if they never go again, those who dont go because of whatever reason, there are many more that will gladly buy those tickets and go no matter what. next.

ya i think she will sell as much as Cher's new album did in it's opening.