MadonnaNation.com Forums
frzndrwnwrld

2019 Grammy Awards

It's been YEARS since we cared. Doesn't Beyonce have like two thousand Grammy and real artists have only a very few? Absurd.

With the lack of real stars emerging these awards shows are becoming irrelevant i guess.  Sadly.  I loved them growing up.  😞

meh

I thought they were cancelled a while ago.

...in a nutshell 

tmp_5GxOsW_74fef91966862422_111847_2615c

Let's face it, the only thing that could save that mess was a Madonna performance. Opening act, of course. She could leave afterwords, we could turn off the TV.

The Best Pop Vocal Album category is average at best. And the rest? Congrats to Janelle Monae! The rest? I hardly know any of the names. And Drake? The embodiement of overexposure. They should not be surpised if ratings tank again. Why is the general public supposed to watch if they hardly know any of the people nominated.  

No one cares about the Grammys. 

I mean what's there to discuss? They gave tons of noms to trash like Gaga and Cardi B

ONLY one even worthy this year of a Grammy (if not multiple) is queen Janelle Monáe

Dirty Computer is a phenomenal album, and her short film was what an actual "visual album" should be. 

Give all the Grammys to Janelle and call it a night.

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

ONLY one even worthy this year of a Grammy (if not multiple) is queen Janelle Monáe

Dirty Computer is a phenomenal album, and her short film was what an actual "visual album" should be. 

Give all the Grammys to Janelle and call it a night.

This.

It's been the same rappers + taylor swift and beyonce for the last 10 years.

It became a popularity contest and nothing about it celebrates music anymore

So glad Janelle Monae is performing,I hope she wins something Dirty Computer is extraordinary and it deserves to be her night.

14 minutes ago, give-it-2me said:

So glad Janelle Monae is performing,I hope she wins something Dirty Computer is extraordinary and it deserves to be her night.

THIS ten times over!!! 

One of the few actually worthy of awards this past year. Love her.

The last time I watched was when Adele won.

She was crying on stage for winning over Beyonce.🤣

Didn't get it since Beyonce regularly wins anyway.

Everyone is crying these days. Crying is the new black. Crying even when you are winning awards shows that you are humble and can maintain the image of victim so necessary to achieve mass success today.

Recording Academy says Grammy winners list is 'fake'

A tweet purporting to be a leaked list of Grammy winners had some music fans up in arms on Monday.

The now-deleted tweet featured a video claiming to show all the winners for the upcoming Grammy Awards next month.

The list included Cardi B's "I Like It" as the winner for record of the year, and "A Star Is Born's" Lady Gaga as winner of song of the year with "Shallow."

But a spokesperson for the Recording Academy told CNN the list was a fake.

"There is no legitimacy to this," the spokesperson said. "Grammy Awards results are not shared, even with Recording Academy staff members, until the day of the Grammy Awards ceremony, when names of the recipients are delivered by [accounting firm] Deloitte in sealed envelopes."

The Shammy’s essentially select their nominees on the basis of chart performance nowadays. The awards are then sold to whichever corporate puppet is the highest bidder. Artistic merit has been flushed down the drain almost entirely. Part of it has to do with the dwindling quality of outputs in the music industry. Part of it is due to a once prestigious cerimony becoming a popularity contest.

1 hour ago, MarcoMartins said:

The Shammy’s essentially select their nominees on the basis of chart performance nowadays. The awards are then sold to whichever corporate puppet is the highest bidder. Artistic merit has been flushed down the drain almost entirely. Part of it has to do with the dwindling quality of outputs in the music industry. Part of it is due to a once prestigious cerimony becoming a popularity contest.

i guess gaga will win if there any money left from her Oscar campaign

On 12/8/2018 at 1:34 PM, Lolo said:

...in a nutshell 

tmp_5GxOsW_74fef91966862422_111847_2615c

I was just going to write this will probably be the first Grammys in a while where Beyoncé will not win an award (because she didn't put anything out last year), but then I remembered she released that record with her husband...Oh well, here we go again.

I love Diana. She's a true legend, more specifically a criminally underrated one who barely gets enough credit for making it big in a world that is still openly hostile to ethnic minorities. It's demeaning how she was snubbed of 12 nominations throughout her prime and has only been acknowledged with a Lifetime Achievement Award. :manson:

6 hours ago, Beautiful Killer said:

Finally, something of actual worth to tune into to.

6 hours ago, MarcoMartins said:

I love Diana. She's a true legend, more specifically a criminally underrated one who barely gets enough credit for making it big in a world that is still openly hostile to ethnic minorities. It's demeaning how she was snubbed of 12 nominations throughout her prime and has only been acknowledged with a Lifetime Achievement Award. :manson:

THIS.

I've always thought of Diana as the first true female pop star...who really laid the blueprint that all females (even males) have been using since (including M).

13 hours ago, MarcoMartins said:

yes yes and yes!

I hope she ends her acceptance speech with, "they never cared to give me one of these for an actual recording, but i'm happy to be here to help their ratings" *blows kiss and walks off into a waiting helicopter throwing the award behind her*

AP_69301438427.jpg