Madonna & Anitta collab

On 1/3/2019 at 10:14 PM, runa said:

Music benefited from ROL ?? :rotfl:

Come on now, where do I start?? 

Absolutely it did. If Music came after BS it wouldn't have been the hit it was.

But of course you were never big on analysing facts or tendencies, it seems like you are always busy counting who says something you deem is against Madonna and then we have to hear you mantra "ITS ALWAYS THE SAME PPL THAT ARE AGAINST HER" for a millionth time. Please 1) put on ignore those people, me included, because I m not interested in any discussion with you or 2) accept there are other different opinions to yours. You sound like a spoilt child. Always has.

26 minutes ago, elijah said:

Absolutely it did. If Music came after BS it wouldn't have been the hit it was.

Interesting thought. It’s hard to imagine Madonna’s albums being in a different order.

I disagree though, yes ROL saw a rebirth for her it certainly was a return to form commercially/artistically but Music would still of been the banger single if was regardless.

I agree Madonna was hot property again after ROL and her popularity benefitted Musics warm reception but...

...I think had she of delivered the Music Era anywhere else in her career it would of worked especially with Music as lead, it’s one of her strongest lead singles ever.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Interesting thought. It’s hard to imagine Madonna’s albums being in a different order.

I disagree though, yes ROL saw a rebirth for her it certainly was a return to form commercially/artistically but Music would still of been the banger single if was regardless.

I think had she of delivered the Music Era anywhere else in her career it would of worked especially with Music as lead, it’s one of her strongest lead singles ever.

Well, it could be the fact that I was never a big fan of Music the song. It was a huge let down for me. Generally I think I m good at sensing what a hit on M album is. Never liked Music much. But I knew ROL the album, TAB, COADF the album, HU would be hits for her and that GMAYL/LFL won't. But I could be wrong here. Seems like lots of ppl like Music the song... I always felt it smashed, because it came after her best album.

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Well, it could be the fact that I was never a big fan of Music the song. It was a huge let down for me. Generally I think I m good at sensing what a hit on M album is. Never liked Music much. But I knew ROL the album, TAB, COADF the album, HU would be hits for her and that GMAYL/LFL won't. But I could be wrong here. Seems like lots of ppl like Music the song... I always felt it smashed, because it came after her best album.

I believe it smashed because it’s a fucking brilliantly produced, sophisticated pop song that sounded like absolutely nothing else 

4 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I believe it smashed because it’s a fucking brilliantly produced, sophisticated pop song that sounded like absolutely nothing else 

Exactly. It would’ve been a hit with or without ROL preceding it...whether it would’ve been as big a hit or not is another thing...

2 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Well personally I cannot wait and I have a feeling it will be a killer song! 

Killers would be a killer song. It is written on the stars and in the song 🙂

16 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Well personally I cannot wait and I have a feeling it will be a killer song! 

I believe too, I don't think that the music will be like the others of Anitta. Madonna and Mirwais maybe took the "Funk of rio" and made your own musicstyle.

23 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

I don’t think these three have been shared, but I think these are decent. The first two give me SEX, Best Night vibes, while the third one is more UB or BIM: 

This music are great. Paradinha was her first single in another language. Veneno is so good and the video is beautiful.

12 hours ago, Phineaspoe said:

... The first two give me SEX, Best Night vibes, while the third one is more UB or BIM: 

So her best stuff is comparable to Madge's worst? :evil:

56 minutes ago, Kim said:

So her best stuff is comparable to Madge's worst? :evil:

You can’t order trout and expect caviar, Kim. 🤣

Personally, I think those songs are better than UB, SEX, and Best Night actually (perhaps not better than BIM). 

22 hours ago, VictorMarques said:

I believe too, I don't think that the music will be like the others of Anitta. Madonna and Mirwais maybe took the "Funk of rio" and made your own musicstyle.

The track is produced by Anittas regular producers

17 hours ago, Phineaspoe said:

I don’t think these three have been shared, but I think these are decent. The first two give me SEX, Best Night vibes, while the third one is more UB or BIM: 

Love all 3. We get to see a lot of ass shaking..

elijah is totally correct in my book.

In fact it wasn't just ROL. Beautiful Stranger and American Pie served as a build up for Music..

It would not have been the hit it was if the timing wasn't exactly right.

That's my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own..

2 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

elijah is totally correct in my book.

In fact it wasn't just ROL. Beautiful Stranger and American Pie served as a build up for Music..

It would not have been the hit it was if the timing wasn't exactly right.

That's my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own..

Absolutely. BS & AP were pretty much continuation of ROL which everyone loved so they definitely played its part.

I dont think anyone is denying that Music was helped at least a little by ROL but to say that it only was a hit because of ROL is wrong. Every album that comes out is helped by the album before it for every artist. Just because you dont like Music or Mirwais doesnt mean that their musix together is bad and wouldnt smash on its own.

I mean Hung Up was a hit and it came off of American Life. Music is just as good as Hung Up in my opinion. I always think about how Music is the song she needs nowadays. Its fun yet mature. Something her fun songs this past decade have been missing is "maturity" imo of course. 

2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I dont think anyone is denying that Music was helped at least a little by ROL but to say that it only was a hit because of ROL is wrong. Every album that comes out is helped by the album before it for every artist. Just because you dont like Music or Mirwais doesnt mean that their musix together is bad and wouldnt smash on its own.

I mean Hung Up was a hit and it came off of American Life. Music is just as good as Hung Up in my opinion. I always think about how Music is the song she needs nowadays. Its fun yet mature. Something her fun songs this past decade have been missing is "maturity" imo of course. 

Yes...All of this!

4 hours ago, Starman said:

Please Music would smash even today

is a perfect pop song

Yes.  It’s still sounds fresh.  

7 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Well Frozen, Hung Up are the exceptions: they were perfect, huge songs that would have been hits nevertheless. To each their own, but the failure of AL is proof enough for me that Music wasn’t as liked as ROL. COADF was simply a great album like ROL that would have smashed no matter what. I still think she needs a single as strong as Frozen or HU to turn the tide and make everyone love her again.

7 hours ago, elijah said:

Well Frozen, Hung Up are the exceptions: they were perfect, huge songs that would have been hits nevertheless. To each their own, but the failure of AL is proof enough for me that Music wasn’t as liked as ROL. COADF was simply a great album like ROL that would have smashed no matter what. I still think she needs a single as strong as Frozen or HU to turn the tide and make everyone love her again.

Living for Love.

7 hours ago, elijah said:

That’s not a guarantee. Sadly. 

15 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

BIM and now the Anitta are giving her the fun song which will go viral.

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

That’s not a guarantee. Sadly. 

If all the promo (and I include madonna's instagram with that) is done properly, if she plays her cards right, and she can have a strong comeback album a la ROL, then she'll win many people over. but even back during the ROL days she had her haters, it was just less obvious because there was no social media

though seeing that the awful anitta and maluma may be involved (along with her superficial mindset these days), im afraid this album wont be a return to form either.. but we'll see.. she could surprise us. if the work (music, videos and performances) are top notch and she truly brings back her artistic vision.. trust me people will welcome her back with open arms.