Madonna & Anitta collab

10 hours ago, side_streets said:

Anitta's reminds me a lot of some Serbian turbo folk performers. No wonder you're having meltdowns. Anyway we're not sure what kind of collaboration Madonna and that Anitta girl had, so we need to calm down a little bit. Meanwhile, here is Maya Berovic, Serbian Anitta. 😂😂😂 

Most of her songs are shit but this one is good!😂

One day my dream will come true and we'll have a Lepa Brena and Madonna collaboration. 😄

6 hours ago, caba1 said:

i don't really like brazilian funk but i love this type of music from there. What a fun song

This song is amazing. This is Marisa Monte singing. One of the best voices in the world. I encourage you to listen to some of her songs. Now that is Brazil!

22 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

Most of her songs are shit but this one is good!😂

One day my dream will come true and we'll have a Lepa Brena and Madonna collaboration. 😄

What about Madonna feat. Lepa Brena and Neda Ukraden? 😀

Neda would be an interesting choice but I'd rather Vesna or Ceca or even Semsa. Severina would be good if they wanted the modern market. The Magija video had more than a few Madonna references.

6 hours ago, CalinB said:

I can't open it here in US. What is she saying about the collaboration? please share!!!

She says they were in the studio and recorded a song together, then they posted the picture and people went crazy and she couldn't say nothing more about it, but is official.

Edited by Ozze

33 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

Neda would be an interesting choice but I'd rather Vesna or Ceca or even Semsa. Severina would be good if they wanted the modern market. The Magija video had more than a few Madonna references.

I choose Semsa, that song would be edgy. 

5 minutes ago, side_streets said:

I choose Semsa, that song would be edgy. 

Jokes aside I like Semsa's voice. Would be interesting to hear her with Madonna. I think there is some great melodies she could pick up from Serbian/Yugoslavian music.

54 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

Jokes aside I like Semsa's voice. Would be interesting to hear her with Madonna. I think there is some great melodies she could pick up from Serbian/Yugoslavian music.

severina, please 😉

more than few times she referenced M, both in her videos and live performances.  

3 hours ago, Napoléon said:

Yeah, but that will never happen. It could have happened with Gogol Bordello because their sound is similar to music from Balkans...

On 12/8/2018 at 4:14 AM, Sparks said:

This thing is going too far, Anitta is just stupid, brainless, have 0 talent and her music is garbage, How about to collaborate with real talent girls and good voices? Marina And the Diamonds, Dua Lipa, Rita Ora...? This and the Maluma rumour makes me have very bad feelings about this album, now talifans hit me.

Do they have to be British tho?

and marina? Seriously 😐 

4 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Do you really want this Basic white girl with M?

She can barely do something at once.

Oh shut up. If she can’t dance like other professional dancers that’s doesn’t mean that she can’t sing or make a great songs. I take dua lipa over all others like gaga beyonce britney rihanna etc.

The MIA collabs on MDNA sounded absolutely nothing like MIA songs.....which would've been really interesting actually.

Not understanding the meltdowns here. We have no clue in what capacity this Annitta is going to be used. Like a previous poster mentioned, all of the pieces are falling into place and this is shaping up to be an interesting and different album for her. I think that's what everyone wanted. A featuring shouldn't automatically nullify that.

19 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

The MIA collabs on MDNA sounded absolutely nothing like MIA songs.....which would've been really interesting actually.

Absolutely. I think she was used poorly as a collaborator. Especially since she is known for being very political and progressive in a very bold early M kind of way. I don’t get it. She got reduced to being a sidekick not to Madonna but to Nicki, no wonder she ‘rebelled’ against it at the SB. 

On 12/8/2018 at 1:46 AM, CalinB said:

Oh, the lyrics of Swim!! From your mouth to Madonna's ear!!! I hope for complex/cool lyrics like that. :tigger:

We can't carry these sins on our back
Don't want to carry anymore!
We're gonna carry this train off the track
We're gonna swim to the ocean floor
Crash to the other shore!

Yaaas! :wow:

4 hours ago, Lolo said:

Absolutely. I think she was used poorly as a collaborator. Especially since she is known for being very political and progressive in a very bold early M kind of way. I don’t get it. She got reduced to being a sidekick not to Madonna but to Nicki, no wonder she ‘rebelled’ against it at the SB. 

Totally agree with you!! I don’t think M “got” MIA at all, I think it was Martin Solveig who got her in, in the first place. She said that she offered M her track Switch produced track Exodus, which would’ve been fucking epic. 

31 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

I prefer Pabllo Vittar than Anitta. She's a drag queen that explores many Brazilian genres

What?!? I’m just getting used to a nightmare and you want to throw me right back into another one? We might as well have Kelly Key in the mix too. It’s a slippery slope, my friend.

A part of me dislikes the idea...
but the rest of me is happy as hell because Anitta will help increasing the streams, and will also improve Madonna's airplay...at least in my country :smiles:

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I see we're still obsessed with airplay and M having another hit. 

I just don’t believe for one second a featuring Anitta song will give Madonna either airplay or a chart hit.