Madonna & Anitta collab

A lot of celebs are celebrating in the Anitta photo comments.

Im here for the Latin crossover of M, it’s trendy and she has a better shot than crossing over with rap or hip-hop.

The song needs to be good tho, Janet and Kylie flopped and Jlo has had big hits but Also big flops.

Fergie did it too.

Im here for a Portuguese, spanish and English version why not? M in Portuguese will be hot and impulse her in Brazil and Portugal.

7 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

If I was collaborating with someone I wouldn’t say I “ran into” that person, as it clearly would be a planned meeting not an accidental or casual one. I think people are putting the cart before the horse here. As per usual, NOTHING has been confirmed. 

Yes, it seems like she's describing an encounter..it seems lol

11 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

If I was collaborating with someone I wouldn’t say I “ran into” that person, as it clearly would be a planned meeting not an accidental or casual one. I think people are putting the cart before the horse here. As per usual, NOTHING has been confirmed. 

I actually thought of that too.. but then why the previous rumours from Anita? we'll see

I'm forever numb to cheesy collabs since the great Justin Timberlake stroke of '08. She always Madonna-izes the music anyway, so there's trust. As long as the music and video are good I'm cool with it. Asking for a decent single cover is undoubtedly stretching it though.

Edit: keep those remixes tight or there will be hell to pay!

3 hours ago, Ozze said:

Okay, you do realize i'm a brazilian just like you, i know who Anitta is, the only things Anitta and Madonna have in common are ambition and hard work(there's no denying here). It really surprises me that someone who likes Madonna, a woman who took risks, stand up for the gays, when almost nobody had the courage, talked about HIV, women empowerment , a person who has political opinions (and not only political), and is not afraid to make them public unlike Anitta can think she's a good option for a collaboration.

We clearly see things differently. 

If you remember my first post today about this, you know I feel the same as you feel about the collab. You even agreed with me.

Don't twist my words, I'm just saying let's hear it before judging it.

If she uses Anitta as she used M.I.A. we won't even notice. 

9 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

First thing that came on YouTube when I typed anitta... it doesn’t get any cheaper than that... and the headache is instantaneous... 

Maybe this is some cultural thing???? I find the song fine. Not my style but not bad. Maybe in Spain we're used to these rythms.

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Maybe this is some cultural thing???? I find the song fine. Not my style but not bad. Maybe in Spain we're used to these rythms.

It might be... it just sounds cheap and very contrived... as anything she does. 

I love the colors and the positive vibe of this song. You need to do a better research on her than only point one song to sum her style and career 

29 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I wonder if they’ve kind of given up on US radio and are focusing on streaming success in Latin America (Anita + maluma) plus a killer dance track for Europe?

That's what they should be doing since MDNA.

Well, if this turns out to be a collab (which we don't really know at this point yet), I will definitely be confused by M. I mean - this is what she said just 4 months ago...

"Everything's so formulaic, and every song has 20 guest artists on it"

Which led me to believe M is over the countless collaborations she did for the last couple of albums. Plus, don't get me wrong, but I listened to some Anita stuff on YouTube and formualic is exactly what came to my mind...

:sneaky:

7 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

She's coming for the streamings, isn't that what you all were saying for a few months now? That she needs streaming?

Well, Maluma and Anitta are big streaming champions, so there you have it!

As a Brazilian that follows Anitta really close, I can say she's actually a horrible person with no intellect at all but likes to pose as this succesful business woman - an image Madonna created on the pop world. I despise her as a person but she has some killer songs and I truly hope the song with Madonna is a good one!

Let's wait to hear before judging!

She can work with Rihanna, she has bigger streaming powah and better music. :madgemanson:

47 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I wonder if they’ve kind of given up on US radio and are focusing on streaming success in Latin America (Anita + maluma) plus a killer dance track for Europe?

Obviously, she knows that Spanish music sells nowadays.

So much posts about something that no one really knows anything about...

The only thing shared by M regarding new music, intentionally or not, was that whiteboard with what looked like were names of songs. An evident thing from those song titles were the influences from African, Portuguese, Brazilian and Latin sounds. This all points to a complete reinvention of M's sound, taking the next album clearly in the direction of music infused by sounds from across the globe, and not just regular pop, R&B, house, etc. If that's not something you all are excited about, I'm not sure what would really please you.

To make such an album of course she needs to collaborate with people from those countries, such as Anitta, Maluma, Dino de Santiago, etc. This is not just to be trendy, but to acknowledge the origins of those sounds. 

For the first time in a long time, I can see that M has had the time to put together a clear plan for her new music, a musical project designed with the clear intention of completely reinventing her sound once again. We should all be happy for that.

I wasn't warm to Anitta, but I had never listened to any of her music. So I just did. And it's crap. 

Hopefully this is gonna be another Champagne Rosé situation where she's featuring on another artist's track. If not, let's hope Anitta is only featuring on a single/remix version.  

Well, we just have to trust Madonna, because she usually delivers. Let's wait and see I guess. 

I’m not bothered by this at all. If they’re working together let’s see what they come up with. Madonna collaborations are always filtered through a Madonna style, and the same would be true here.

I have trust in the Queen. I’m cool while other panic!

3B5DCDCC-BFB5-4426-9EB2-12B30DC61011.gif

this is just buisness , if her next album has a portugease sound then why not try get a audience that likes that sound prior to release ,sadly madonna cant rely so much on her fans anymore to buy her music 😞 its the start of a era this its a planned era unlike rebel heart due to the leaks ..i.like anitas voice when singing in a low key it would sound good with madonnas ..im excited 

2 hours ago, Plasticlimbo said:

I love the colors and the positive vibe of this song. You need to do a better research on her than only point one song to sum her style and career 

Thanks for the research, l like that one.

1 hour ago, headonfire said:

So much posts about something that no one really knows anything about...

The only thing shared by M regarding new music, intentionally or not, was that whiteboard with what looked like were names of songs. An evident thing from those song titles were the influences from African, Portuguese, Brazilian and Latin sounds. This all points to a complete reinvention of M's sound, taking the next album clearly in the direction of music infused by sounds from across the globe, and not just regular pop, R&B, house, etc. If that's not something you all are excited about, I'm not sure what would really please you.

To make such an album of course she needs to collaborate with people from those countries, such as Anitta, Maluma, Dino de Santiago, etc. This is not just to be trendy, but to acknowledge the origins of those sounds. 

For the first time in a long time, I can see that M has had the time to put together a clear plan for her new music, a musical project designed with the clear intention of completely reinventing her sound once again. We should all be happy for that.

:thumbsup: