PETA: Stop using anti-animal language!

Camacho

:banghead:.  This is so stupid, that it is infuriating. Cruelty against animals is so prevalent, disgusting and widespread and needs attention and awareness. PETA bringing up absolutely useless trivial campaigns such as changing ancient sayings, do so much harm for people fighting for real causes that need action.  Completely counter productive and damaging to the people who are fighting for the banning of real issues such as trophy hunting, destruction of animal habitat, live animal exports, puppy farms,  bull fighting, animals being brutally tortured and killed and who want tough sentences for animal cruelty and torture.  

10 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

It's crap like this that makes people who might otherwise actually care about animal rights just roll their eyes and not care instead. 

PETA tries and always fails.

So true. I have not heard of them in ages here in Germany. I think the nail to their coffin was a campaign where they compared the situation of caged animals to the Holocaust. 

21 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

It's crap like this that makes people who might otherwise actually care about animal rights just roll their eyes and not care instead. 

PETA tries and always fails.

9 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Clearly what abused animals urgently need is linguistic reform.

Exactly.  Why people that go to the extremes the other way ALWAYS do more damage than they realize .  Although,  I often wonder if they are in causes to be somewhat trolls and annoy people. .  It makes me both angry and sad.  I Believe so much in animal rights as I know 90 % of people do.  When people know the facts and the extreme cruelty of what happens to feeling, beautiful animals they are horrified.  So, what do Peta do -  talk about stuff that is not remotely important.  So then people get turned off by them and don't listen to the real causes.   They are playing right into the hands of people that use animals for profit or people that consider hurting animals or hunting them as sport.  

• 2 weeks later...

They're just becoming a PR machine for themselves rather than doing any actual good.

The recently requested that the village of 'Wool' change its name to 'Vegan Wool'. The locals pointed out that the name is derived from old English for well (?) I think and had nothing to do with wool from a sheep.

• 1 month later...

55 minutes ago, Magician said:

They’re getting dragged to hell for this tweet today

Dreadful tweet from PETA. Steve Irwin was not harassing a ray, it  was a freak dreadful accident.  Also, this talk of harassing wild animals, it is animals conservationists studying them, filming them and bringing their plights and struggles to the world, that bring public attention to them and therefore  encourages people to fight for their rights.