Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
horn

Tumblr will ban all adult content on December 17th

Recommended Posts

On 3/15/2019 at 2:41 AM, runa said:

Who is still going on that site? What’s the point?

Porn was only a tiny part of Tumblr.Thing is that it wasn't a VERY VERY ACTIVE PART of it. But there's myriads of blogs there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I follow many things there, starting from my Football Team, to Old postcards, to Soviet art, to fan fics, to Vintage Fashion and more... anything really. 

 

But I only really discovered it after porngate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, Porn was definitely NOT a tiny part of tumblr.  :lmao:  Not an active part...I don't think so.  😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO y'all went really to tumblr to search for porn gifs, like not even full videos.  Lighten TF up there's still xtube, youporn, gayforit and pornhub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LHakaLH said:

LMAO y'all went really to tumblr to search for porn gifs, like not even full videos.  Lighten TF up there's still xtube, youporn, gayforit and pornhub

The adult content on tumblr wasn't really about just gifs, let alone videos. It was mostly uncensored pics, individual stuff not made by pro studios, erotic literature, actual open discussion about sex/sexuality issues, etc... there were some really cool people there too. The fact that most of it was pretty much uncensored in the way so many other social media platforms won't allow was what made the difference - and is what the issue is really about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

 

that would be cool :lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still some  porn on Tumblr 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ban and charge all the morons who were uploading illegal pornography of children. They've been doing something similar on YouTube videos timestamping regular kids videos. It's disgusting those people ruin things for people for their criminal activities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreeMySoul said:

There's still some  porn on Tumblr 

There definitely is. Plenty of porn blogs and posts still up/being uploaded. Somewhat censored though.

 

11 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Just ban and charge all the morons who were uploading illegal pornography of children. They've been doing something similar on YouTube videos timestamping regular kids videos. It's disgusting those people ruin things for people for their criminal activities. 

That's exactly what most people were asking for - create a system or dept. that can get rid of the porn bots who upload this horrific garbage, while leaving the rest alone. I believe other sites have done such (or so I've heard), but Tumblr just took the lazy approach and banned it all to get back on the Apple app store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the ban, they lost 150 million visits in a quarter. A third of their traffic.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/3/tumblr-traffic-dropped-by-150-million-adult-content-ban

Adult content is still on the site but they block other people from seeing what you've uploaded.

Hard to see how they will compete with instagram now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

After the ban, they lost 150 million visits in a quarter. A third of their traffic.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/3/tumblr-traffic-dropped-by-150-million-adult-content-ban

Adult content is still on the site but they block other people from seeing what you've uploaded.

Hard to see how they will compete with instagram now.

wow, the loses have to be big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most ppl moved on to twitter now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...