Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
horn

Tumblr will ban all adult content on December 17th

Recommended Posts

Tumblr will ban all adult content on December 17th
Existing posts containing porn will be switched to private mode
By Shannon Liao@Shannon_Liao    Dec 3, 2018, 12:26pm EST

Tumblr will permanently ban adult content from its platform on December 17th in a move that will eradicate porn-related communities on the platform and fundamentally alter how the service is used. The ban includes explicit sexual content and nudity with a few exceptions, the company tells The Verge. The new policy’s announcement comes just days after Tumblr was removed from Apple’s iOS App Store over a child pornography incident, but it extends far beyond that matter alone. “Adult content will no longer be allowed here,” the company flatly states in a blog post set to be published on Monday.

Banned content includes photos, videos, and GIFs of human genitalia, female-presenting nipples, and any media involving sex acts, including illustrations. The exceptions include nude classical statues and political protests that feature nudity. The new guidelines exclude text, so erotica remains permitted. Illustrations and art that feature nudity are still okay — so long as sex acts aren’t depicted — and so are breastfeeding and after-birth photos.

After December 17th, any explicit posts will be flagged and deleted by algorithms. For now, Tumblr is emailing users who have posted adult content flagged by algorithms and notifying them that their content will soon be hidden from view. Posts with porn content will be set to private, which will prevent them from being reblogged or shared elsewhere in the Tumblr community.

Users have a chance to appeal Tumblr’s decision in situations where they think there’s been a mistake, and the platform admits there’s a chance that the automated tools it’s using could make errors. It’s a process that could take a while, as a bulk of Tumblr posts feature explicit content. Users who run adult blogs can also export their content before the change takes place in order to save what they have.

Read More:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/3/18123752/tumblr-adult-content-porn-ban-date-explicit-changes-why-safe-mode?fbclid=IwAR0YTOvJsYHwRiD56b9G0trQeWMVT2t6E50Mdfsxh_YMXN9lQY1JlS3ta4A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what happens now?
Where am I going to?

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R.I.P. Tumblr.

90% of my time spent there was looking at porn, 9% looking up Madonna gifs and hq paparazzi pics, and 1% rolling my eyes at SJWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Magician said:

R.I.P. Tumblr.

90% of my time spent there was looking at porn, 9% looking up Madonna gifs and hq paparazzi pics, and 1% rolling my eyes at SJWs.

mee too, omg what I'm I gonna do without the porn???

oh well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that makes me sad.  The I Love Ass thread on this very forum introduced me to the glory of Tumblr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it true ??? No way !!!

Why use tumblr if it's not for porn ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will learn eventually who's actually helping them to earn their revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, isn’t like 98% of Tumblr porn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, horn said:

So what happens now?
Where am I going to?

maxresdefault.jpg

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lolo said:

Wait, isn’t like 98% of Tumblr porn?

Exactly... 

Time to move on. What will replace it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That super sucks. That's like 99% of my porn viewing is there. Where are we all gonna go? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Censorship.

Straight up.  Fuck their PR release. It's censorship...all the while the neo-nazi, white supremacist, nationalist, religious fundamentalist, homophobic, racist, sexist, far-right wing tumblr blogs remain up and untouched. As they always are.

Report or flag something, and nothing happens.  Nothing. Twitter, tumblr, instagram (which is the worst at this), etc....nothing. Always a "while we've reviewed the issue/comment in question, we see that it doesn't violate our guidelines or terms of service" type bullshit.  All the while nudity, nipples or buttocks, or slight erotic art/imagery, etc. is flagged, reported, and taken down ALL THE TIME. And they even go after general LGBT+ content every now and then that has nothing to do with nudity or erotica.  All the while the extreme bigot blogs go untouched.  Sick of this shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 6:25 AM, Magician said:

Ridiculous

 

 

:lmao: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This shows how useless executives are anywhere. They must be LOADED with all earnings coming from porn and yet they plan another direction???? :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never really used Tumblr, so I did not know it was the first destination for gay porn. Too late. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bye tumblr :goodbye:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Internet bans porn"

"Internet shuts down"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pillowfort wants to be the Tumblr alternative, but it’s not ready yet

There are concerns that it won’t match up

Julia Alexander
 

pillow3.0.pngPillowfort

Tumblr users are on the brink of an exodus. In the search for a new home, many are pointing toward a relatively new and unheard-of website to house its orphans: Pillowfort.

 

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/7/18127061/pillowfort-tumblr-exodus-dreamwidth-livejournal-adult-content-december-17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lolo said:

Pillowfort wants to be the Tumblr alternative, but it’s not ready yet

There are concerns that it won’t match up

Julia Alexander
 

pillow3.0.pngPillowfort

Tumblr users are on the brink of an exodus. In the search for a new home, many are pointing toward a relatively new and unheard-of website to house its orphans: Pillowfort.

 

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/7/18127061/pillowfort-tumblr-exodus-dreamwidth-livejournal-adult-content-december-17

I never heard of that site.

is it good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been using Tumblr for almost a decade now & this has to be the dumbest stunt they've ever pulled!

Banning "explicit" imagery is one thing, but c'mon... they're flagging posts that don't even contain any nudity or sex: shirtless guys on the beach,  classical artwork, etc. Several of my posts (especially the Madonna ones) have been marked as suggestive & I have to comb through my entire blog & request a review each time. 

 

As for all the porn that's gonna get deleted, I learned ages ago to archive my favorite XXX videos on myvidster.com,  but that's a convo for another thread :horn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 1:34 AM, VogueMusic said:

Censorship.

Straight up.  Fuck their PR release. It's censorship...all the while the neo-nazi, white supremacist, nationalist, religious fundamentalist, homophobic, racist, sexist, far-right wing tumblr blogs remain up and untouched. As they always are.

Report or flag something, and nothing happens.  Nothing. Twitter, tumblr, instagram (which is the worst at this), etc....nothing. Always a "while we've reviewed the issue/comment in question, we see that it doesn't violate our guidelines or terms of service" type bullshit.  All the while nudity, nipples or buttocks, or slight erotic art/imagery, etc. is flagged, reported, and taken down ALL THE TIME. And they even go after general LGBT+ content every now and then that has nothing to do with nudity or erotica.  All the while the extreme bigot blogs go untouched.  Sick of this shit.

F A C T S 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×