Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

45 minutes ago, masterpiece.mp3 said:

Is there any list of all the rumored collabs for the next album?

Well : Migos and Ariana Grande (but we now know that it was not for M's album) Starrah, Billboard, Lauren d'Elia, Nick Jarjour, Drake (but that was at the very beginning, before Madonna complained about songwriting camps on Instagram) Nakhane, Maluma, Anitta..

Did I forget anyone?I didn't talk about Mirwais, Di Santiago caus we know she's been working with them

Do you think it's possible that Madonna changed the team working on her album for another collab with Mirwais because she thought that it was not going in the direction she desired?

9 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Album with 13 songs is fine and then an EP (4-5 songs) 12 months after to keep the momentum and share a few extra songs, she did it with RH so it’s not that crazy.

I really want her to do this to! I’m tired of deluxe editions, I found having 25 songs in one go a bit of a challenge to digest. A solid standard album 10-15 tracks and then an EP or some stand alone singles later on would be wicked! 

I admit that when the album is too long I don't play much the last ones. I prefer a short album too, with 13 songs, for example. And a new album next year :lol:. 13 songs every year instead of 26 songs in one album. 

I'm all for a double album. It's been long awaited and it will help a lot her streaming numbers. 

I still don't know why Rebel Heart wasn't a double album. Madonna wanted to do it, and they still released the super deluxe version which had 2 CDs and 23 songs. they only needed to add 5-7 more good songs (which they had from the leaked demos) for the perfect double album (and released a one CD version with the 14 best songs)

28 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

I'm all for a double album. It's been long awaited and it will help a lot her streaming numbers. 

I still don't know why Rebel Heart wasn't a double album. Madonna wanted to do it, and they still released the super deluxe version which had 2 CDs and 23 songs. they only needed to add 5-7 more good songs (which they had from the leaked demos) for the perfect double album (and released a one CD version with the 14 best songs)

wasn't it cause she would have finished her contract with one album?

As for Madonna being "more committed" to this album this time around. I think she was totally committed to Rebel Heart.  

It just wasn't the way she was used to making records compared to previous ones & Interscope pushed all the writing camps on her & she really wanted a hit and didn't get one.

She was working with over-scheduled DJs (poor Avicii ) & the work was constantly interrupted. 

This time around, she's doing things the way she's more comfortable & used to, and may I say a more organic way to make music?

24 minutes ago, elijah said:

wasn't it cause she would have finished her contract with one album?

That's what we all thought back then. That "double album" thing was the first time we discovered that Universal was not only a distribution deal, but had apparently more power over her! 

But it is still all speculation. 

I'm not for a double album. I tried to make my own double album with Rebel Heart, with Rebel songs in one cd and Heart songs in another and both were somehow flat. Together, both concepts brought life to the album. 

I don’t really get how a “double album” would ever count as 2 albums. Surely it doesn’t matter if you have 10 or 50 songs, if it’s released under the same package, surely it still only counts as one album. 

I’m certainly more in the quality over quantity camp.  

1 minute ago, luluthecat said:

I don’t really get how a “double album” would ever count as 2 albums. Surely it doesn’t matter if you have 10 or 50 songs, if it’s released under the same package, surely it still only counts as one album. 

I’m certainly more in the quality over quantity camp.  

Because the capacity of one CD-ROM.

1 hour ago, Beastialg said:

It's not like she needs to fill both CDs in order to make it a double album.

Take Beyonce's Sasha Fierce. The regular 2CD version has 6 songs / 24 minutes on CD 1 and 5 songs / 17 minutes on CD 2. Both could easily fit on a single disc. Even if you add the deluxe bonus tracks they could all be added on a single CD and you'd have space left.

They just happened to split it in 2 albums in order to double the sales certifications in order to separate them in two different themes and styles.

Christina Aguilera did the same with Back to Being Basic. Both albums could be on a single CD but they took the artistic decision to split them in two conceptual albums. One throwback and one more current. 

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

As for Madonna being "more committed" to this album this time around. I think she was totally committed to Rebel Heart.  

I also think the whole leaking situation must have ruined the era for her, she wanted to do things a certain way and that was all ruined

15 minutes ago, bitsy said:

I also think the whole leaking situation must have ruined the era for her, she wanted to do things a certain way and that was all ruined

I never swallowed that excuse. Everytime Madonna has released a not suitable first single things have gone wrong and yet we alwayw find excuses. Remember Clear Channel and American Life??? 

31 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I never swallowed 

Yeah right 😏

32 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Everytime Madonna has released a not suitable first single things have gone wrong and yet we alwayw find excuses. Remember Clear Channel and American Life??? 

I know

#butClearChannel

#buttheleak

#buttheSuperbowl

#buttheoriginalplan

#butO$eary

44 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I never swallowed that excuse. Everytime Madonna has released a not suitable first single things have gone wrong and yet we alwayw find excuses. Remember Clear Channel and American Life??? 

I certainly don't think LFL was ever going to be a HU sized smash or anything but I don't think it can be disputed that the leaks foiled the single/album rollout for RH. I don't see how a leak of that magnitude COULDN'T negatively impact the single/album potential. There's the argument, "well, if it was a good song it would've persevered" and I think in an earlier point in her career, that's probably true. Madonna had a top ten hit with Hanky Panky for goodness sake. Such a "novelty" tune from her would NEVER get attention these days. Nowadays though, EVERYTHING has to be in place in order for her to have a successful era. As much as some like to deny it, the ageism thing is a HUGE barrier and it will take A LOT to circumvent that.....if it's even possible at all. I still don't think she's going to have a radio hit again but there are other ways a "hit" can be defined these days. Hopefully, she'll have good word of mouth with this album. Ultimately, I think that is what made COADF such a big hit in the US even though none of the singles ever really took off as they did in the rest of the world. Yet she still shifted nearly 2 million albums.....not bad at all!!

Regarding AL, there is no way that song was EVER going to be a hit and it has nothing to do with any perceived "anti-American" message that the song/album had. It's just not hit song material. Period. I say that and it's one of my fave tracks on that album.

28 minutes ago, iamme said:

Very well-said, Kurt420.

Madonna fans should bear in mind that a quality album does not guarantee to make commercial success. 

but it helps its chances...word of mouth and some good PR can give her a hit album. at this point though I dont expect a hit i expect the same sort of track as last few albums. would be nice if i wasnt the only one in my group of friends gushing about the new madonna album.

36 minutes ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

but it helps its chances...word of mouth and some good PR can give her a hit album. at this point though I dont expect a hit i expect the same sort of track as last few albums. would be nice if i wasnt the only one in my group of friends gushing about the new madonna album.

This next album could be incredible and people might still hate it. My two best friends loved rebel heart in fact one of them became a fan because of rebel heart and the tour.  The other actually dislikes the ray of light album and only likes Power of Goodbye and Frozen.  Its all opinion.

8 minutes ago, Joao said:

http://madonnaonline.com.br/2018/12/20/novo-album-esta-pronto-e-madonna-ja-mostrou-aos-amigos/ 

for what it says here, the album is ready and Madonna already showed it to some friends

This page always post made up news. 😞

14 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

This next album could be incredible and people might still hate it. My two best friends loved rebel heart in fact one of them became a fan because of rebel heart and the tour.  The other actually dislikes the ray of light album and only likes Power of Goodbye and Frozen.  Its all opinion.

uncultured swines

1 hour ago, Joao said:

http://madonnaonline.com.br/2018/12/20/novo-album-esta-pronto-e-madonna-ja-mostrou-aos-amigos/ 

for what it says here, the album is ready and Madonna already showed it to some friends

Interesting info about that "Anitta Bonitta" track.

32 minutes ago, Suedey said:

What does it say booboo?

They worked in a track together called "Anitta Bonitta", sampling one of Madonna's 80s hits but she really is not allowed to say which one. Intriguing stuff.

Apparently they also did "Anitta Bonitta (Rubia Are U Working Mix)" featuring a male Latin superstar but she's also now allowed to say who.

Any translation? My english isn’t even perfect😂

1 minute ago, ashtangi74 said:

I Google translated it and it doesnt contain any spectaculair new information.

Yeah, we've been talking about "Anitta Bonitta" for a while already 😏

7 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

They worked in a track together called "Anitta Bonitta", sampling one of Madonna's 80s hits but she really is not allowed to say which one. Intriguing stuff.

Apparently they also did "Anitta Bonitta (Rubia Are U Working Mix)" featuring a male Latin superstar but she's also now allowed to say who.

:lmao: