Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

52 minutes ago, SheldonCooper said:

Still curious how Mirwais sound is today or how it’s evolved if anything. Anybody hear some recent stuff from him?

He has provided a song this year for the concept album „Souris Calle“. The song is called „Souris (Arcane 13)“ and is an exquisite slice of French electronica. His style hasn’t changed much judging from this track but I think that’s a positive thing. (his track has since been deleted off the Spotify tracklist of this album but I don’t know why)

25 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Oh c’mon 🤷‍♂️.......nobody has a not got a clue! ‘Killers’ was the only legible word on that whiteboard, who knows that’s even the name of the song?! 

Also I remember everyone going absolutely apeshit the day Living For Love (which I love) leaked, saying it was as good as Hung Up and Music etc, and now proclaim it to be utter crap.

Wasn't that because of the vocal effect they added on the final version?

15 hours ago, robster said:

In his opinion, this is her best album since COADF.

I really hope this means "its as good/nearly as good as COADF" rather than "its better than Hard Candy MDNA and Rebel Heart". They called Rebel Heart her best album since COADF, but thats not really a hard bar to clear.

13 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

I really hope this means "its as good/nearly as good as COADF" rather than "its better than Hard Candy MDNA and Rebel Heart". They called Rebel Heart her best album since COADF, but thats not really a hard bar to clear.

Reviewers also called MDNA her best since Ray Of Light.

giphy.gif

I hate the comparisons. Each Madonna album is exquisite and brings something fresh to the table. And, yes, MDNA is included in that. Highly underrated by fans.

1 hour ago, Plaything said:

He has provided a song this year for the concept album „Souris Calle“. The song is called „Souris (Arcane 13)“ and is an exquisite slice of French electronica. His style hasn’t changed much judging from this track but I think that’s a positive thing. (his track has since been deleted off the Spotify tracklist of this album but I don’t know why)

Oh thanks.  He doesn’t need to change i agree his sound still sounds fresh n new!✅

his tracks with M and his beats are solid.  

1 hour ago, yououghttavogue said:

For someone so young, you really have a dismissive tone about her recent work. 

I think Rebel Heart was her best album since Music.  Shows how much I loved Rebel Heart and for me personally it is indeed a hard bar to clear.  

12 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

For someone so young, you really have a dismissive tone about her recent work. 

I think Rebel Heart was her best album since Music.  Shows how much I loved Rebel Heart and for me personally it is indeed a hard bar to clear.  

I do still have a special place in my heart for her recent work, but it just reminds me of a lot of other stuff of the time. I would really love to see Madonna be truly acclaimed again for her music. Which I feel she hasn't been since COADF.

1 hour ago, yououghttavogue said:

Rebel Heart is better then COADF.

59 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

I do still have a special place in my heart for her recent work, but it just reminds me of a lot of other stuff of the time. I would really love to see Madonna be truly acclaimed again for her music. Which I feel she hasn't been since COADF.

I think this album will be fantastic. Roll on 2019 ! 

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

giphy.gif

I hate the comparisons. Each Madonna album is exquisite and brings something fresh to the table. And, yes, MDNA is included in that. Highly underrated by fans.

Her music and catalogue over her entire career from Her debut to Rebel Heart is magnificent and something most other artists can only remotely dream of. 

1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Rebel Heart is better then COADF.

at being bad?

19 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I think this album will be fantastic. Roll on 2019 ! 

I agree! There are no words for how excited I am!!!!

18 hours ago, robster said:

Okay, so... Some info I got from someone apparently in the know. It's not world shocking information, but interesting nonetheless and time will tell how trustworthy this info really is, but I decided to share it regardless. If only for us all to have something to discuss during the holidays:

• Do not expect anything in 2018.
  • Official info will begin to be shared little by little in the first weeks of January.
  • At the moment the definitive track listing is not done yet.
  • She really put her heart and soul into this album. No fillers here.
  • "Killers" is indeed a killer track.
  • She didn't play it safe. She took risks musically and he really means RISKS. Some of the tracks people will be like "WOW, what is that?!" At first listen. Of course a couple of tracks are less innovative, more commercial. But even those are top notch.
  • Some tracks you can't compare to any other music out there really, at least not that he knows of.
  • The only thing is that it's not a very cohesive album as a whole. But the tracks are so out of this world that you couldn't care less about cohesiveness. but according to him, the album is not messy (as he thinks "Rebel Heart" was).
  • It's no secret that there will be Latino influences on the album so to a certain extent people who love tracks like "Spanish Lesson" will be happy. But of course the Latino tracks do not sound like "Spanish Lesson". They are way better. The influences on this album are incredible.
  • In his opinion, this is her best album since COADF.

Don't shoot the messenger...

I remain intrigued, thanks for sharing.

5 hours ago, CalinB said:

Madonna is now following on Instagram Emmanuel Adjei, the director of the video above. He won awards for it.

https://www.instagram.com/emmanueladjei_/

Wow, that is a STUNNING video.

And that Iranian singer, wow just wow, amazing track.

5 hours ago, Plaything said:

Thanks. Did a search can’t find that song anywhere. Weird. Wonder if it’s M related because of the new album.  I dont think so but 🤷🏻‍♂️

22 hours ago, robster said:

Okay, so... Some info I got from someone apparently in the know. It's not world shocking information, but interesting nonetheless and time will tell how trustworthy this info really is, but I decided to share it regardless. If only for us all to have something to discuss during the holidays:

• Do not expect anything in 2018.
  • Official info will begin to be shared little by little in the first weeks of January.
  • At the moment the definitive track listing is not done yet.
  • She really put her heart and soul into this album. No fillers here.
  • "Killers" is indeed a killer track.
  • She didn't play it safe. She took risks musically and he really means RISKS. Some of the tracks people will be like "WOW, what is that?!" At first listen. Of course a couple of tracks are less innovative, more commercial. But even those are top notch.
  • Some tracks you can't compare to any other music out there really, at least not that he knows of.
  • The only thing is that it's not a very cohesive album as a whole. But the tracks are so out of this world that you couldn't care less about cohesiveness. but according to him, the album is not messy (as he thinks "Rebel Heart" was).
  • It's no secret that there will be Latino influences on the album so to a certain extent people who love tracks like "Spanish Lesson" will be happy. But of course the Latino tracks do not sound like "Spanish Lesson". They are way better. The influences on this album are incredible.
  • In his opinion, this is her best album since COADF.

Don't shoot the messenger...

FINALLY. This actually sounds like some legit news and not someone whose ass is just whispering in their panties.

Merci beaucoup, robster.

7 hours ago, Shaun said:

giphy.gif

Blind Fan...

30 minutes ago, elijah said:

Rh ain’t better than coadf. Coadf is probably her best album - that or ROL.

Matter of taste but there's a very good argument for RH being lyrically better. I adore COADF and think it's brilliantly crafted but lyrically, I was never super impressed tbqh. It was pretty much AL lyrics put to a "future disco" beat. I find the song structure for many RH songs to be more sophisticated as well. She really seemed interested in crafting great hooks and melodies. Seems like there was more of a sonic focus on COADF vs. lyrics.

I'm new and I'm a real fan, not a troll or a blind fan ... having a critical sense about Madonna's albums and not saying that everything is fabulous in her work is a proof of discernment .. Madonna can always back to top ... I trust him to be reborn from his ashes but an album like MDNA is not worthy of it and being a fan it is easy to realize that his investment in this album was minimal

Edited by Nanation