Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

I would love for her to sing in spanish! Or other languages. I personally enjoy it.  

so... i think it's time to call Xavier Dolan to direct one of her videos. They follow each other on instagram. He must be easy to get. I'm tired of Jonas Akerlund

26 minutes ago, caba1 said:

so... i think it's time to call Xavier Dolan to direct one of her videos. They follow each other on instagram. He must be easy to get. I'm tired of Jonas Akerlund

I love his work! As an actor and director.  Did he direct the Hello video for Adele? 

Yes he directed Hello.   He’s also a fan of Madonna.  Has said so.  

32 minutes ago, caba1 said:

I am absolutely here for this!! 👍

4 minutes ago, SheldonCooper said:

Yes he directed Hello.   He’s also a fan of Madonna.  Has said so.  

let's all leave a begging note about it on his Instagram!!  I am doing it now. 

IT would be amazing!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I wonder if they are going to be releasing any physical formats for the singles. She’s going to need those cd singles or 12” if she wants a push in the charts.

M’s team aren’t smart enough to release physicals for the collectible female artist of all time. Even if they did release something they’d be so ugly it would’nt be worth handing over your hard earn cash for (look at the RH physicals). Just imagine you could have an original 12x12 Aldo Diaz artwork sitting in your living room - 🤮🤮🤮🤮

5 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Do we think she will shoot the album artwork/cover while in New York before Xmas?

I don’t think she will start on the promo stuff until January now. 

I think she will enjoy the holidays now with her kids.

15 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I don’t think she will start on the promo stuff until January now. 

I think she will enjoy the holidays now with her kids.

Your probably right but still hoping she does the shoot in the next few weeks...dying to know the photographer this time round!

11 hours ago, trickyricky said:

devil pray was and is a great song and i bet lots of artists would have loved to have recorded it 

it is. but if it what released, radio wouldn't have touched it because of the drugs reference, imho.

32 minutes ago, Kilt said:

it is. but if it what released, radio wouldn't have touched it because of the drugs reference, imho.

radio hardly touched her new stuff anyway im not saying it would have been a hit but the meaning behind the song and the song is really good 

1 hour ago, Kilt said:

They wouldn’t have played BIM either! Devil Pray definitely should’ve been a single with a “controversial” video in the vein of the Interview shoot by Mert & Marcus.

10 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Thats your opinion but I think Rebel Heart is her best album in ages. Devil Pray is incredible and 100% Madonna. 

I’ve said it before - M’s new album has very strong competition in RH. 

On 12/6/2018 at 9:25 AM, Ray Finkle said:

The title "Candy Shop" was too close to 50-Cent's song, that's partly why "4 Minutes" was prefereed.

No.

4 minutes was chosen cause it featured Justin Timberlake, 

2 minutes ago, spotlight said:

No.

4 minutes was chosen cause it featured Justin Timberlake, 

Yes and because during the listening party everybody preferred it over HC ( she said she was surprised)..and, in my opinion, it was the best choice 🙂

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Spanish has nothing to do with Portuguese. Why would she sing anything in Spanish? It's as different as French or Italian or Romanian. 

They are not worlds apart. If you can speak one language, you can understand the other roughly. Canadian Portuguese singer Nelly Furtado prefers to release her records in Spanish language instead of Portuguese. The biggest difference is primarily the pronunciation:

Spanish: ¿Hay una diferencia esencial entre el español y el portugués?

Portuguese: Há uma diferencia essencial entre o espanho e o português?

15 hours ago, luluthecat said:

M could be given the hottest track by the hottest producer of the moment and it still wouldn’t automatically guarantee her a hit! 

Just look at this year’s hottest thing Camila Cabello, flopping with her Pharrell produced and written track Sagria Wine (utter shite IMO), it had a massive push and went nowhere. 

I don’t think M is completely passive, I think she’s got a very strong idea of what she wants when it comes to re-working songs. She’s  turned down huge tracks in the past, so I dont think people aren’t offering her them.

Exactly! It seems like there's no "formula" that guarantees a hit these days.....for ANY artist, much less Madonna. Furthermore, as fast as things move, a somewhat successful "formula" in October, may be a complete an utter failed approach by March. Song quality seems to be at the bottom of the list of things that = a hit these days....lots of boring, monotonous, tired, shit songs that fly up the charts. We know streaming is important for any artist trying to have a "hit" these days but outside of that, it seems like different things work for different artists. Beyonce releases her 15th surprise album and the world shuts down and it shifts 800k in two days, another BIG artist could do the same thing and the response would be *crickets*.

As you mention, the hottest artist releasing a song with a hot producer can push a song and it fails.....another hot artist can drop a song and go hibernate for 3 months and it'll fly up the charts. No guaranteed formula for a "hit". That must make it incredibly hard for a nearly 40 year music veteran in their 60's. I think fans need to cut the woman a break and realize, a hit, while not impossible, would be the exception, not the norm and we should have ZERO expectations when it comes to that. I think we need to chill out with bashing all these divas for their "flops" when...well...in a few months....we may be eating crow...lol....btw, that's ZERO reflection on the quality of her work. Commercially though, it's only going to get harder and harder for our girl. That's just the way it is at this point.

24 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

They are not worlds apart. If you can speak one language, you can understand the other roughly. Canadian Portuguese singer Nelly Furtado prefers to release her records in Spanish language instead of Portuguese. The biggest difference is primarily the pronunciation:

Spanish: ¿Hay una diferencia esencial entre el español y el portugués?

Portuguese: Há uma diferencia essencial entre o espanho e o português?

This, my first language Is French so I could roughly understand anything in Portuguese, Italian or Romanian if said slowly. Spanish is even easier for me to understand. 

I think that we need to remember there's a song tentative called Medellín and perhaps Maluma is singing in that song. We heard some vallenato accordion in one of hers stories, maybe she sings in spanish... Spanish and portuguese came from latin.