MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Je5u5

Why do you pay for music content you can just stream?

I stream music frequently throughout the day every day. I can’t even remember the last time I bought or even played an actual CD!

Actually, I like physicals again CD+DVD.. I guess as nostalgic items. Went to a record store today and bought 5 cd singles for $5 all together. Felt nostalgic. Streaming is great for exploring new stuff or listen to things you wouldn't buy.. I guess it's like a try before you buy..

On 12/7/2018 at 3:03 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I've never used streaming services.

Same!

On 12/15/2018 at 2:13 AM, rocknrolla said:

Wow, really, how do you guys even find new music without using it?

They don’t.

Most of them are stuck to Ray of Light :rotfl:

Don't get me wrong. I have Spotify premium + I've had both Tidal and Deezer premium at some point but I still buy physical releases.

Most non-dedicated fans I know have completely replaced one thing with the other.

I like buying physical releases even though I often stream. 

Just enjoy collecting because I love music. I still play CDs when I'm hanging in my living room.

My biggest issue with streaming is still the sound quality - I can definitely hear the difference between MP3 audio (or AAC etc) and lossless audio.

So lossless streaming is the only option to go for me, and last time I checked it‘s still expensive as shit (20+ bucks per month)...unless there are cheaper services out there that I don‘t know of, in that case feel free to inform me :laugh:

Anyway, so what I currently do is - when I stumple upon new music and really like it, I either buy a lossless digital file (Qobuz, 7Digital etc) or, if it‘s the whole album I like, buy the CD.

Or download it from some ‚other‘ sites because I am a broke bitch more often than I‘d like to admit

I have Spotify premium. Last time I bought a physical copy was RHTcd and BluRay and the time before that was rebel heart deluxe édition.