Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

Personally, although overall I like much of what Klein and Madonna have created together in terms of imagery, going strictly off of the album covers we got through him, I wouldn’t be all that excited. To be fair, COADF imagery was great — Bianco was the weak link in that formula. And, again, he can be excused partially for the dysfunction of HC, but ... compared to other album covers, that one wouldn’t make me request his return.

Mert & Marcus on the other hand have delivered beautiful cover images — even if the themes for the rest of the shoots have been less cohesive or inspired. Still, based on the deluxe image for MDNA (the close-up shot which was most prevalent) and the deluxe edition of RH (the wires on the face), I would say M+M delivered. On the other hand, not sure I’d advise M to go back to that well, either.

Seems like Mondino is underrepresented in the history. 

Recently, she seems to like to work with Luigi and Iango. I wouldn’t mind that.

She also worked with Ellen von Unwerth again recently. She’s never had a female photographer for an album cover! (Maybe she’d have Sophie Muller direct a music video, too!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, the-queen said:

With the cover resembling nothing from the fan art thread. :lol2:

Hahaha yes indeed 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peter said:

So let’s recap the photographers:

MADONNA: Gary Heery

LAV: Steven Meisel

TRUE BLUE: Herb Ritts

YCD: Herb Ritts

LAP: Herb Ritts

I’M BREATHLESS: Patrick Demarchelier

IC: N/A [Ritts]

EROTICA: [Meisel]

BEDTIME STORIES: Patrick Demarchelier

STR: Mario Testino

ROL: Mario Testino

MUSIC: Jean-Baptiste Mondino

GHV2: Regan Cameron

AL: [Craig McDean]

COADF: Steven Klein

HC: Steven Klein

CELEBRATION: N/A

MDNA: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

RH: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

NEXT: ???

Mr. Brainwash did the cover for Celebration (album and singles)

 

Not her best

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Starman said:

I hope no Mert and Marcus, Another sexy madonna dominatrix look is too boring

But they CAN go beyond that template. They took this beautiful shot of Vanessa Paradis.

image.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Base on the past list. I will always vote for Klein but Mondino could be a good choice. 

Terry Ridcharson also who gave us one of M best face of the decade. 

 

EA9726D7-29E1-4D5E-9D56-C785EBFBED96.jpeg

9D76C072-56BC-45F7-A1FD-74D7D4AC75ED.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, XXL said:

 

Didn't she have a meeting at Netflix a few months ago? I so hope interesting and original things are being readied in terms of promotion, I have no doubts about the quality of the music whatsoever  :inlove:

Also on madonna.com they asked a few weeks ago if fans were up for a "behind the scenes" documentary for the forthcoming album as they did for ROL (it was aired on MTV)...

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

Base on the past list. I will always vote for Klein but Mondino could be a good choice. 

Terry Ridcharson also who gave us one of M best face of the decade. 

 

EA9726D7-29E1-4D5E-9D56-C785EBFBED96.jpeg

9D76C072-56BC-45F7-A1FD-74D7D4AC75ED.gif

As much as I despise that Richardson creature, this has been her best photoshoot in many many years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sylphide said:

Also on madonna.com they asked a few weeks ago if fans were up for a "behind the scenes" documentary for the forthcoming album as they did for ROL (it was aired on MTV)...

Hell yes. I hope this happens. An album, tour, tour album and documentary would be AMAZING.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, peppermint said:

It was reported that among other arenas, The Accord Arena in Paris booked dates via Live nation in September for her upcoming tour.

It's pretty safe to say that this album/tour will have the same trajectory that Rebel heart was suppose to have minus the leaks.

First single - March

Album release - April

tour - September through March

I mean it’s only November, Rebel Heart didn’t leak until December, I hope it doesn’t though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Mr. Brainwash did the cover for Celebration (album and singles)

 

Not her best

I thought that the Celebration [Deluxe] cover was great.  I certainly preferred it to the cover art for You Can Dance, Like a Prayer, TIC, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Music, GHV2, Hard Candy, Hard Candy [Deluxe], Rebel Heart [Standard] and Rebel Heart [Super Deluxe]. Brainwash was reinventive, iconic and just plain cool. With that said, the single covers and the Celebration DVD covers are awful and cheap looking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

With that said, the single covers and the Celebration DVD covers are awful and cheap looking.

I'm actually cool with this one:

celebration-eu-cd-single-front-550.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

https://madonnahistory.wordpress.com/2018/11/16/m14-hot-rumors/?fbclid=IwAR3lQFLzQM6_81ElS8Bt3wK2eZYFFPWsUIkwPxkgV3uvErWOwOQlSDJapR4

M14 title: Magic
– First single in April 2019(Batuka)
– Second single in June-July 2019(Come Alive)
– Album release in August-September2019

Source:Pop Insider News

December, January, February and March must pass by then. Go ahead, months.

2ej0sx.gif

#Soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rock said:

December, January, February and March must pass by then. Go ahead, months.

2ej0sx.gif

#Soon

Once we get through Christmas and into the new year it should speed up. We’re all in this together. 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites

September is waayyy to late for the album to drop its in the mastering stage which means it will be ready for Christmas. 

It will be released 1st quarter of next year.

My money is on lead single Feburary, 2nd single & Album drop in April.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Art direction/artwork for the past 20 years did by Kevin Reagan (ROL, Music), Michael Amzalag from M/M Paris (AL), Giovanni Bianco (COADF, HC, MDNA, RH ).

I will love that she works with this photographs Stephane Sedenaoui, Tim Walker or Louis Sanchis

Art direction by Big Active, Mat Maitland, ...

yes and this guy Ryan Pfluger is a very popular photographer at the moment

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

I mean it’s only November, Rebel Heart didn’t leak until December, I hope it doesn’t though.

I was more referring to the fact that all the demos leaked at least 2 months before  December, she re-worked some of them because of the reaction of the fans, and then she was rushed to release 6 songs in December. The whole marketing plan was completely destroyed because of those leaks. This time around things will go as planned ( fingers crossed) but I'm sure the lesson was learned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alen said:

Art direction/artwork for the past 20 years did by Kevin Reagan (ROL, Music), Michael Amzalag from M/M Paris (AL), Giovanni Bianco (COADF, HC, MDNA, RH ).

I will love that she works with this photographs Stephane Sedenaoui, Tim Walker or Louis Sanchis

Art direction by Big Active, Mat Maitland, ...

yes and this guy Ryan Pfluger is a very popular photographer at the moment

Sednaoui's work in Fever is SUPERB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...