New album thread

TXIII

It will March/April, she likes these months, release then start tour in August or September...

March 1989 - Like A Prayer

March 1998 - Ray of Light 

April 2003 - American Life

April 2008 - Hard Candy

March 2010 - Sticky & Sweet Tour

March 2012 - MDNA

March 2015 - Rebel Heart

59 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

You're welcome. However, I cannot imagine waiting until June. I think it will be released in April.

God. This is so annoying. I was hoping to get this album in March. Now we have to wait even more 

Late April I think since tour is said to start in late August/early September like S&S/RH, also remember RH was meant to come out in late April instead of early March but only got pushed forward because of the leaks...

56 minutes ago, JWAD said:

It will March/April, she likes these months, release then start tour in August or September...

March 1989 - Like A Prayer

March 1998 - Ray of Light 

April 2003 - American Life

April 2008 - Hard Candy

March 2010 - Sticky & Sweet Tour

March 2012 - MDNA

March 2015 - Rebel Heart

If the rumor about her Paris show in September is true, you're probably right

edit: in fact, we could even speculate it will start in Europe. 

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Are you telling me that with all the problems that Brazil faces, some people are worried about cultural appropiation??? :rotfl:

Exactly. Which kind of explains why people are so fed up with the left. (You’re aware we’ve just elected a man who makes Trump seem like a reasonable person, right). 

1 hour ago, Iconic Fetus said:

April it is then, single in February and second single with the album in April.

Similar to Hard candy, maybe the tour will start in August #MagicTour

Yes, and exactly how the Rebel Heart album release was supposed to be as well if it weren't for this leaking fiasco!

3 hours ago, TearsInHeaven said:

no he didn't.

Yeah... he did.

Edited by sul8323

3 hours ago, TearsInHeaven said:

no he didn't.

Exactly.   People just love to rewrite history to suit their own outrage agendas.  Elvis was continually slated for singing "  Black music"  and had protests against him from racist white idiots.  He did not change or give in.   He never claimed to invent that style of music or take credit for it.  He acknowledged influences.  He sang and performed the music he loved.  To now say he is a thief etc for daring to sing the music he loved is the same as the people today trying to slam Madonna for Vogue and La Isla Bonita.  Senseless outrage over people appreciating music from different races and cultures.  

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

MTribe knows nothing. If it’s Q2, “We gave you the exclusive.” If it’s Q1, “Plans changed.” Fuck off.

They have proven reliable in the past, at least we have something to speculate on...

5 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Exactly.   People just love to rewrite history to suit their own outrage agendas.  Elvis was continually slated for singing "  Black music"  and had protests against him from racist white idiots.  He did not change or give in.   He never claimed to invent that style of music or take credit for it.  He acknowledged influences.  He sang and performed the music he loved.  To now say he is a thief etc for daring to sing the music he loved is the same as the people today trying to slam Madonna for Vogue and La Isla Bonita.  Senseless outrage over people appreciating music from different races and cultures.  

I'm no Elvis megafan or anything but I've always known him to be appreciative of his influences. I will say I find him to be a very charismatic performer with a performing style that's all his own. He had that "it" quality that not many stars have (much like Madonna) that can't really be explained and that is what pushed him into a stratosphere of superstardom unseen up until that point. I found an interesting article/commentary that relates:

https://theconversation.com/champion-or-copycat-elvis-presleys-ambiguous-relationship-with-black-america-82293

It seems over the years things get distorted and the context of the times isn't understood. I feel like this happens with Madonna too in a lot of different situations such as accusations of using the gay community for her benefit to the aforementioned ripping off of black/latin culture. Madonna has never pandered to the gays like some OTHER, younger acts that may have been HEAVILY influenced by her.....and she's always been very open and humble about her influences. I am curious for those that do find Elvis to be a thief, why they think Madonna is different? Sometimes I feel like a specific narrative gets repeated so much and eventually, it just becomes a "fact" without anyone really ever finding out the facts. Seems to me though that Elvis wasn't trying to get over on anyone, he was just a fan of a style of music and he made it into his own thing......while remaining humble about his influences. I'm curious, why that's "wrong"? As I mentioned, I'm no massive Elvis fan by any means so if I'm missing something, I'm totally open to being "schooled". 

Playing devil's advocate (not trying to school anyone), I think the issue is when a person who benefits from being at the "top" of society (aka white privilege) uses the culture or heritage of an oppressed minority (people of color) to profit.

With Elvis, he made rock accessible to mainstream audiences and got rich and famous, while the original singer of "Hound Dog" -a black woman- didn't enjoy the same advantage and success (one example).

With Madonna, some people might think she is stealing others' sub-culture, but I truly believe she has a hungry mind and appreciates so many different cultures, and has the talent, resources and access to put her own spin on it. 

Some people believe now that the "oppressor" should stop using the "oppressed"; but to shut down the blending and evolving of the world's cultures is anti-human to me.

53 minutes ago, DesperatelySeekingJacky said:

Playing devil's advocate (not trying to school anyone), I think the issue is when a person who benefits from being at the "top" of society (aka white privilege) uses the culture or heritage of an oppressed minority (people of color) to profit.

With Elvis, he made rock accessible to mainstream audiences and got rich and famous, while the original singer of "Hound Dog" -a black woman- didn't enjoy the same advantage and success (one example).

With Madonna, some people might think she is stealing others' sub-culture, but I truly believe she has a hungry mind and appreciates so many different cultures, and has the talent, resources and access to put her own spin on it. 

Some people believe now that the "oppressor" should stop using the "oppressed"; but to shut down the blending and evolving of the world's cultures is anti-human to me.

Sorry but in my opinion that makes zero sense. We wouldn't have the rich culture we have today if we hadn't got influences from everywhere for centuries. I don't support any kind of situation where this absurdity is right. 

In fact, anybody who ever feels there's some cultural appropriation is an absolute illiterate.

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm no Elvis megafan or anything but I've always known him to be appreciative of his influences. I will say I find him to be a very charismatic performer with a performing style that's all his own. He had that "it" quality that not many stars have (much like Madonna) that can't really be explained and that is what pushed him into a stratosphere of superstardom unseen up until that point. I found an interesting article/commentary that relates:

https://theconversation.com/champion-or-copycat-elvis-presleys-ambiguous-relationship-with-black-america-82293

It seems over the years things get distorted and the context of the times isn't understood. I feel like this happens with Madonna too in a lot of different situations such as accusations of using the gay community for her benefit to the aforementioned ripping off of black/latin culture. Madonna has never pandered to the gays like some OTHER, younger acts that may have been HEAVILY influenced by her.....and she's always been very open and humble about her influences. I am curious for those that do find Elvis to be a thief, why they think Madonna is different? Sometimes I feel like a specific narrative gets repeated so much and eventually, it just becomes a "fact" without anyone really ever finding out the facts. Seems to me though that Elvis wasn't trying to get over on anyone, he was just a fan of a style of music and he made it into his own thing......while remaining humble about his influences. I'm curious, why that's "wrong"? As I mentioned, I'm no massive Elvis fan by any means so if I'm missing something, I'm totally open to being "schooled". 

I know a lot about Elvis because my parents were both huge fans.  Know that he always talked about how influenced he was by black singers and musicians and he always gave credit to them.   Elvis never took credit for songs - never pretended he wrote them and never pretended he created that type of music. .  He also recorded a lot of country themed music as well as pop, ballads and gospel style music.  He had a huge love for music and always spoke incredibly highly of his influences. 

It really annoys me when people attack Elvis, Madonna when both have never denied their influences and both embraced and loved all cultures and music.  I see all the time now online from a small but very loud minority that Madonna stole from the gay community and how they see other singers today who are supposedly "organic" in their appreciation and support of the gay community while Madonna apparently just used and profited from them.  Their ignorance and stupidity is infuriating.   I know they only speak for a small percentage of people but they really are trying to rewrite history.  They would be far better off calling out real racists, real bigots and horrors in the world with as much gutso, instead of looking at people who are not racist and not anti gay in the slightest. 

7 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

The concept of cultural appropriation is one of the most lame things I’ve ever heard of. It makes no sense whatsoever.

When I make a Thai salad at home, is that misappropriation? 

Ridiculous, and I just laugh in their faces and say, please give me the names of those people from that nationality that are offended.

For rock n roll of the 60s the cultural appropriation argument has merit. This is not an attack against Elvis who himself was not racist at all, on the contrary. But the fact remains that white artists got rich and famous, while the black artists who pioneered this music got nothing. They were shut out from radio and the general public discovered their contribution decades later. This is an entirely different situation with Madonna. 

if you don't allow cultures to blend then nothing new or accidental and interesting can happen..these days some people want us all to stick "to our own kind"...So...like segregation?

Im not talking about the 60s here, but today, drama about cultural appropriation doesn't work because it's hypocritical as fuck.. it's based on everything superficial, like the color of someone's skin, but they never discuss the background. Beyonce was a daughter from a wealthy family, villa and everything..her daddy had connections and her whole family supported bey wanting to become famous.. she even said she wanted nothing to do with "the hood" in the early 00s. Yet she's allowed to appropriate every other culture because she has dark skin. Then you got madonna, who literally was in the inner circle of the people who vogued in the 80s and fought and struggled to get to the top without any family support, yet she 's "privileged" 

23 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

For rock n roll of the 60s the cultural appropriation argument has merit. This is not an attack against Elvis who himself was not racist at all, on the contrary. But the fact remains that white artists got rich and famous, while the black artists who pioneered this music got nothing. They were shut out from radio and the general public discovered their contribution decades later. This is an entirely different situation with Madonna. 

I see that more as vile, disgusting racism that has and still is a horrific blight on society.  Segregation and shutting out artists due to race is abhorrent and should never happen.  The racists that practiced that should be reviled and called out. 

Re cutural appropriation though, don't agree because music should always be shared and appreciated by everyone. It brings people together. Saying that only certain races should sing music or wear certain fashions is just another form of segregation that encourages more vile racism.