Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

Lol. The lisping vocals via grillz on 'S.E.X.' on RH are more annoying!

Ugh no! Its the best part!!! Although i guess thats not saying much 😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Ugh no! Its the best part!!! Although i guess thats not saying much 😂😂😂

I'm very permissive and a liberalist; I just don't think it's a good track.

With the new album, I want to be moved. Either emotionally or to dance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, humanracin said:

 

I use Spotify to listen to new music and then if I love it enough I will always buy some sort of physical copy.

You don't own anything on Spotify, you're only renting.

Also most artists would prefer their fans to buy physical, they make shit all from streaming services.

Streaming may not be a cash cow, but when used it right, it can become a massive success for a musician, giving them loads of opportunities.

Take for example David Bowie, whom is my fave icon up there with M. He's no longer here with us, but his team has managed to upload his music in different forms giving us new material (demos, radio edits, live performances, rarities, etc) almost twice a month; injecting life into his legacy.

The Beatles are another example. They have special events on Spotify, where they premiere first new versions of old classics, including interviews, videos and comments on the songs. 

On a most recent note, if I'm not wrong, even Ariana Grande has uploaded her demos under another name on Spotify, so her fans can listen to it easily. There's no need to have a physical CD to enjoy that surprise factor.

And that's another key point: the surprise and accesibility factor. Streaming platforms allow you to go and listen to new releases asap, generating hype and conversations on social media platforms. Believe me: the first hours of the release are CRUCIAL for an album/single to succeed and then go to radios in an organic way.

This kind of releases would not work in a physical way these days because #MONEY, but streaming fits perfectly with it. I would also LOVE to see M use vertical videos on her new album playlist (which won't replace the normal music videos, only add more visuals and fun to the equation), as well as some comments on the new songs before listening to them. I really hope she gets to manage her moves well on these platforms.

That's all for now. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk about Streaming Services. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, Sloane said:

Ahhh, those rare, magical times in life where Madonna starts talking about videos and tour dancers. It's what truly makes the world go round.

There’s nothing better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yes. I just need that moment when we are glued to the screen for the premiere of the first video. :wow:

I may just faint when this era starts. RH had me in raptures. 🔥

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yes. I just need that moment when we are glued to the screen for the premiere of the first video. :wow:

It's euphoric, truly. Seeing the video thumbnail and being a click away. I LIVE I DIE I LIVE AGAIN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Yes but I definitely listen to more than one new album a month. And how much is the price of an album now? 15-20$? I only pay 10$ a month for unlimited, high quality music. 

yes, it's definitely worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlvaroLiam said:

Streaming may not be a cash cow, but when used it right, it can become a massive success for a musician, giving them loads of opportunities.

Take for example David Bowie, whom is my fave icon up there with M. He's no longer here with us, but his team has managed to upload his music in different forms giving us new material (demos, radio edits, live performances, rarities, etc) almost twice a month; injecting life into his legacy.

The Beatles are another example. They have special events on Spotify, where they premiere first new versions of old classics, including interviews, videos and comments on the songs. 

On a most recent note, if I'm not wrong, even Ariana Grande has uploaded her demos under another name on Spotify, so her fans can listen to it easily. There's no need to have a physical CD to enjoy that surprise factor.

And that's another key point: the surprise and accesibility factor. Streaming platforms allow you to go and listen to new releases asap, generating hype and conversations on social media platforms. Believe me: the first hours of the release are CRUCIAL for an album/single to succeed and then go to radios in an organic way.

This kind of releases would not work in a physical way these days because #MONEY, but streaming fits perfectly with it. I would also LOVE to see M use vertical videos on her new album playlist (which won't replace the normal music videos, only add more visuals and fun to the equation), as well as some comments on the new songs before listening to them. I really hope she gets to manage her moves well on these platforms.

That's all for now. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk about Streaming Services. 😄

Well, that's definitely streaming used effectively. I love Bowie, too...so good to see his estate keeping the legacy alive. Though, do we have to wait till Madonna dies for demos, proper exclusives, to be given to fans?

I agree that streaming allows access to new stuff ASAP; saves driving down to a record store (that barely exist these days).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Queen also has a great catalogue on Spotify, a lot of demos, live albums, rarities.

Somehow it makes me feel like M’s catalogue is kinda small? 13 studio albums, 4 GH, 2 soundtracks and 2 remixes albums.

We are still lacking an album of demos, rarities,  or some live show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Queen also has a great catalogue on Spotify, a lot of demos, live albums, rarities.

Somehow it makes me feel like M’s catalogue is kinda small? 13 studio albums, 4 GH, 2 soundtracks and 2 remixes albums.

We are still lacking an album of demos, rarities,  or some live show.

you forget she has 4 live album (all badly mixed and mastered, but still...)

Link to post
Share on other sites

She's in Malawi now, which means she's not going in January/February as usual, which also means - after that - there's gonna be a lot of promo work to do for MDNA Skin and the album, which means we're finally gonna have some fucking real fun people!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Queen also has a great catalogue on Spotify, a lot of demos, live albums, rarities.

Somehow it makes me feel like M’s catalogue is kinda small? 13 studio albums, 4 GH, 2 soundtracks and 2 remixes albums.

We are still lacking an album of demos, rarities,  or some live show.

She has amazing remixes and loads of maxi singles that could be uploaded. The maxis from ROL and Music are superb and for some reason they have never made it to the digital format.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Queen also has a great catalogue on Spotify, a lot of demos, live albums, rarities.

Somehow it makes me feel like M’s catalogue is kinda small? 13 studio albums, 4 GH, 2 soundtracks and 2 remixes albums.

We are still lacking an album of demos, rarities,  or some live show.

I just want the non-stop mix of COADF on Apple Music. She uploaded it to Spotify but the Apple music version has the annoying intros and outros. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I was surprised to see the live albums on there, at least.  I can't believe she has those awful demos with Otto whatever on there!

The Otto demos being on there have nothing to do with her permissiveness.  That is some profiteer and nothing more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Queen also has a great catalogue on Spotify, a lot of demos, live albums, rarities.

Somehow it makes me feel like M’s catalogue is kinda small? 13 studio albums, 4 GH, 2 soundtracks and 2 remixes albums.

We are still lacking an album of demos, rarities,  or some live show.

*3 soundtracks (WTG, IB, Evita)

Link to post
Share on other sites

‘Let’s record it’ yeah, like it’s not a big deal right? Because he’s a singer too 😒

Anyway I suspect that she went with the kids to see Bohemian Rapsody and they are still riding high the hype of the music.

She also posted a photo with #IDontSearch,IFind so I think that is going to be the final title of one song like we saw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...