New album thread

TXIII

In January 2018, Madonna announced on Instagram that she had started working on her 14th studio album.[260] She later clarified the album would be infused with Portuguese fado music, with its release scheduled in 2019.[261][262] Four months later, she appeared at the 2018 Met Gala and performed a new song called "Beautiful Game", along with "Like a Prayer" and Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".[263] At the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards, Madonna paid tribute to singer Aretha Franklin, who had died the previous week.[264] In October 2018 she contributed guest vocals on the track "Champagne Rosé" on American rapper Quavo's debut album, Quavo Huncho.[265] Her other projects include directing the MGM film, Taking Flight, based on ballet dancer Michaela DePrince's memoir, as well as adapting author Andrew Sean Greer's novel, The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells, for film.[266]

14 hours ago, Edivad said:

Yes, I am a fan of her GREAT SONGS, I don't like shitty songs with emberassing lyrics...

We have the same  tastes, that's why we are here. No? 😉

Madonna Tribe is usually a good source. Let's not forget that hackers now know she's got an album out there so there's a number of months for them to try and get their hands on it. A leak could hurt her again as well. However, has anyone noticed that a lot of artists have cut down on leaks? Looking back, it seems that the ones who were successful not getting hacked were the ones who didn't reveal they were recording a new album or mentioned it once or twice and kept a release date hush hush for a pretty long time up until the very last minute.

32 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Madonna Tribe is usually a good source. Let's not forget that hackers now know she's got an album out there so there's a number of months for them to try and get their hands on it. A leak could hurt her again as well. However, has anyone noticed that a lot of artists have cut down on leaks? Looking back, it seems that the ones who were successful not getting hacked were the ones who didn't reveal they were recording a new album or mentioned it once or twice and kept a release date hush hush for a pretty long time up until the very last minute.

I think the whole entertainment industry cracked down on leaks. There was the hack at Sony that got hold of emails embarrassing many people including David Beckham.

Wasn't the hacker of RH in Israel where a lot of hacking originates? 

But yes February single with album in April followed by late summer tour like she's done previously then.

6 hours ago, Edivad said:

No worse than the lyrics of Holy water, sex or gang bang actually. So ti me this May Be true

I may be weird but I kinda like those ‘leaked’ lyrics in a guilty pleasure way. Rebellious don’t give a shit Donna. 

Livenation just reported its best quarter EVER. This album better have some decent budget behind it! No excuses this time. They better figure out how to push it worldwide.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8482853/live-nation-earnings-report-revenue-q3-38-billion

7 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I think the whole entertainment industry cracked down on leaks. There was the hack at Sony that got hold of emails embarrassing many people including David Beckham.

Wasn't the hacker of RH in Israel where a lot of hacking originates? 

But yes February single with album in April followed by late summer tour like she's done previously then.

that would suck

2 hours ago, iasonas said:

Livenation just reported its best quarter EVER. This album better have some decent budget behind it! No excuses this time. They better figure out how to push it worldwide.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8482853/live-nation-earnings-report-revenue-q3-38-billion

they will use to it promote gagas movie for oscar..

17 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Cultural appropriation is a valid concept in strict political terms, as colonizing countries took works of art from various countries unfairly. It is rich pseudo-intellectuals in American top tier universities who probably extended the concept to everything from music styles to halloween costumes to balance their own personal sense of guilt for their unearned high social status. They have a rigid worldview where people are defined by singular traits they may have, like in a video game. They glamourize these traits are all-defining in their limited system which sees nothing but a cliché world of oppressors and oppressed, and see nothing of the actual reality of the world, in all its complexity. They have no idea what art is, because they only see it in sociopolitical terms, just as they have no idea what personality or humanity is. Small-minded people hang on to this like a religion, and these "luminaries" have graduated and infested the highest spheres in society. Which is why this issue is so prevalent today. Most people, especially low/middle class dont care about this issue at all and find it ridiculous. It's a fancy pants bourgeois thing for college graduates who know nothing of ordinary people anyway (and I speak as a college graduate).

Interesting and true.  I know this is the wrong thread for this discussion, but always annoying when people take real issues and then trivialise them with rubbish. Thus ruining the original and unfair calling out of dreadful practices with stupid non-issues.   Finding the same kind of stupidity with the Me Too movement.  It was desperately needed and has been wonderful for women. Fantastic to see sexist bullying and intimidation called out and hopefully rubbed out  However, lately there has been too many stupid examples being called out.  Putting up now with young women getting all offended by people on the phone calling them " Love"  when it is obvious they are not being offensive and saying it as a compliment.   Saying it is sexist,  even when elderly women call them love.  Yet these exact same people will try and explain away men calling them F***   C***  and sluts etc on the phone and defending them by saying that they might have anger issue and mental problems.  

Anyway, Back to the new album - those lyrics are so fake and stupid.  People with too much time on their hands. 

3 hours ago, iasonas said:

That's great for LN but isn't her album being handled by Interscope? I'm still confused by her "deal" to this day :rotfl:

well she has shares in LiveNation so good for M

interscope is only distribution i thought and M & Live Nation split the bill for everything else. No i dont know dont quote me just wondering how it works to.

i wonder what she was doing so late at a london bar last night?

I can’t believe all the non-album related political shit i’ve read on this forum lately. I don’t drink the Madonna kool aid but some fans here sound more like Kid Rock fans than Madonna’s. 

I read attacks against the ‘alt left’ - which i’m not part of. Defending the lgbt communty in the 80’s clearly was seen as ‘alt left’. Same with other minorities like people of colour. And women’s right. Madonna did all of that. So i have no clue what some fans here are doing following her if they don’t have the same values as M. 

And not everything should be decided by ‘ordinary people’. Ordinary people didn’t fight for women’s right to vote, for example. Progress and new ideas don’t come from average people. Ordinary people don’t fight for minorities.

Re: cultural appropriation, Madonna would never dress as a geisha in a video in 2019, as she did for Nothing Really Matters. That’s not considered as appropriate for a white person anymore, even a superstar. You can like it or not but that’s how we’ve evolved. Now the Rebel Heart opening outfits were quite inspired by the Japanese culture and she got no backlash, because that was more a tribute than cultural theft.

Golden rule: ask people’s opinion before deciding that something is not offensive or disrespectful to them. 

P.S.: I’m white but I’m lucky to live in one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world, Toronto, Canada.

10 minutes ago, Dams said:

And not everything should be decided by ‘ordinary people’. Ordinary people didn’t fight for women’s right to vote, for example. Progress and new ideas don’t come from average people. Ordinary people don’t fight for minorities.

Honestly I hope u have an amazing life outside of Madonnanation bc ur a genius. Love you and this. 

Consider that the “kimono” worn in “Nothing Really Matters” was designed by Jean-Paul Gaultier. The red one was actually shorts, not a dress, and the corsets looked like vinyl or leather. Not traditional for a geisha at all. The look is inspired by geisha fashion. 

I think perhaps some people misunderstand that Madonna fans try to defend her from unfair accusations that she has somehow “stolen” something that doesn’t belong to her. 

How do you ask a community of people for permission to “dance like they do”? Who gives one permission to do that? If one person says “yes, that’s okay” but another says “no, that’s not okay,” where does that leave the artist? Why does someone even need permission to dance in the first place? If you can move your body in a certain way, who can tell you that you don’t have the right to move your body in that way? (This is the very “cultural appropriation” of which Madonna has been accused with vogueing. And yet she employed dancers who were part of the underground ballroom scene, and she spotlighted them on stage, on tour, and in her music videos. She made no secret of their artistic contributions, and she was very supportive of her dancers and championed their rights and equality. So it is laughable to some people to hear her be accused of this supposed cultural crime.)

Madonna should not or would not dress as a Geisha in 2019, if she wanted to? Why? What a load of nonsense. The cultural appropriation/ politically correctness bandwagon has struck again, now going off its loopy and fake rails

@Dams Most people here support everything Madonna stands for. But of course there’s always people who have different sociocultural and political views. Madonna couldn’t make her career just on the base of the likeminded. 

16 minutes ago, peter said:

(This is the very “cultural appropriation” of which Madonna has been accused with vogueing. And yet she employed dancers who were part of the underground ballroom scene, and she spotlighted them on stage, on tour, and in her music videos. She made no secret of their artistic contributions, and she was very supportive of her dancers and championed their rights and equality. So it is laughable to some people to hear her be accused of this supposed cultural crime.)

What bothers me the most is that people forget this. Even on this new album she's utilizing musicians and artists from the countries that the album is inspired by and they are THRILLED to be a part of it.

This is the first album where we don't have any insider on any forum. There usually is one member on one or two forums who has a connection or secret source and who give us a bone every two week during the making of a new album but for the first time there isn't any!

Nothing nada! I like it actually... the surprise will be even bigger 😜

42 minutes ago, peter said:

Consider that the “kimono” worn in “Nothing Really Matters” was designed by Jean-Paul Gaultier. The red one was actually shorts, not a dress, and the corsets looked like vinyl or leather. Not traditional for a geisha at all. The look is inspired by geisha fashion. 

I think perhaps some people misunderstand that Madonna fans try to defend her from unfair accusations that she has somehow “stolen” something that doesn’t belong to her. 

How do you ask a community of people for permission to “dance like they do”? Who gives one permission to do that? If one person says “yes, that’s okay” but another says “no, that’s not okay,” where does that leave the artist? Why does someone even need permission to dance in the first place? If you can move your body in a certain way, who can tell you that you don’t have the right to move your body in that way? (This is the very “cultural appropriation” of which Madonna has been accused with vogueing. And yet she employed dancers who were part of the underground ballroom scene, and she spotlighted them on stage, on tour, and in her music videos. She made no secret of their artistic contributions, and she was very supportive of her dancers and championed their rights and equality. So it is laughable to some people to hear her be accused of this supposed cultural crime.)

Thank you.