New album thread

TXIII

55 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Ahhh, those rare, magical times in life where Madonna starts talking about videos and tour dancers. It's what truly makes the world go round.

Yes it sure is haha!!!

8 hours ago, Nikki said:

am I the only one who thinks in a few years she'll basically admit she hated all of that skincare nonsense and just did it to make quick money or cuz it's in a branding (live nation) contract? even at the RH tour she criticised corporate branding.. I hope the new album also means we'll see the more intelligent and mature side of her again.

yeah RH showed that side last time .

7 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I was only being optimistic! I’ve definitely noticed a lot less enthusiasm for leaks. Nobody wants this to leak, during RH fans were showing off about hearing them and teasing people with descriptions and we all know what happened. I can’t imagine any fan out there wants to the same to happen again. 

people in general r not here for the new music, most prefer oldies but goodies..

3 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Rebel Heart leaks were a problem because many preferred either the demos or the ureleased tracks, so a lot of fans will use those instead of streaming them. 

it would have sold much more if avicci productions were released. more accessible and popular style to gb..

8 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I was only being optimistic! I’ve definitely noticed a lot less enthusiasm for leaks. Nobody wants this to leak, during RH fans were showing off about hearing them and teasing people with descriptions and we all know what happened. I can’t imagine any fan out there wants to the same to happen again. 

I don't mind leaks of the demos AFTER the new album release, just not before! 😘

The fact that this album is less music-by-committee this time around will LIMIT leaks, just not eliminate them altogether.

46 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

it would have sold much more if avicci productions were released. more accessible and popular style to gb..

I never even buy music anymore.  I'll be honest I didn't even buy Rebel Heart, because why buy something I liked less? :sneaky:

oh wow, I think American Life was the last Madonna CD I bought.  :laugh: (I purchased the others on I tunes)

It does feel weird to me to buy music when I usually listen to everything on spotify at this point.  There are a very small number of artists I do purchase music from, still.  

I only stream now. But I’ll certainly be buying M’s new one on vinyl, my last physical was RH vinyl. But I hope she’s ups the game on the physicals this time, the vinyls (minus having a large cover) especially are so disappointing, with blank inserts etc......I swear nobody else has such dull packaging. 

Streaming quality is SHIT. And why pay extra 2 have  'CD like quality' streamed audio, when that's what the music is supposed

2 sound like in the first place. I ask of you, Corporate Victims. :fag:

Music on Spotify does sound like shit. I can't believe that people will believe that that is what the music is supposed to sound like.

I still buy music, whether from ITunes, or 7digital or Bandcamp. I want the artist to make a living off of their art.

I think it's funny people complain Madonna has to pimp out a Beauty line in order to further her brand, but they refuse to pay for her music.

But that's just me.

9 minutes ago, Stereo said:

Music on Spotify does sound like shit. I can't believe that people will believe that that is what the music is supposed to sound like.

I still buy music, whether from ITunes, or 7digital or Bandcamp. I want the artist to make a living off of their art.

I think it's funny people complain Madonna has to pimp out a Beauty line in order to further her brand, but they refuse to pay for her music.

But that's just me.

I do agree about the quality issue. Artists do get paid from Spotify and other streaming platforms though, they get a payment from each stream. So in theory, I guess the artist could earn more from someone constantly streaming their music vs a single buy of an album.

My Spotify sounds good when it comes out of the stereo through Chromecast audio. I don't think it's bad quality at all. I do think though that most new albums have shit sound but that has nothing to do with Spotify. Two thirds of RH have shit sound. 

2 minutes ago, Real_Madonna said:

I do agree about the quality issue. Artists do get paid from Spotify and other streaming platforms though, they get a payment from each stream. So in theory, I guess the artist could earn more from someone constantly streaming their music vs a single buy of an album.

The people who work at the Spotify offices make more money than the artists on Spotify.

12 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I think at this age Madonna's hair are probably all white. The dark roots are sprayed or black dyed. so it means nothing.

Or the lighting...my hair looks dark in my profile pic, but believe me, it's a shade of grey....

1 hour ago, Stereo said:

The people who work at the Spotify offices make more money than the artists on Spotify.

The same is true for retailers and vendors for physical and digital albums.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

in the background you can see the white board again..  though I think it's just a video she made a few days ago since she's in Portugal now (or so I read)

and you can hear a little music too!

have u guys who complain about sound quality on spotify tried to improve it? you can actually set that up to highest quality. the app automatically pick an average one.