New album thread

TXIII

2 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

I really think these songs Estere has been singing on Instagram are new madonna songs. The “Looking for Love” one sure sounds like it.  We’ll see!

I think the song is called Mercy (“looking for, looking for, looking for mercy” + she hashtagged mercy). Also think that it was the song with the children’s choir. But we’ll see

3 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Which photographer she pick to shoot the album? Mert & Marcus again? Steven Klein? Luigi and Iango?

i dont give a f

can be without, just here for the inside

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Not much longer now guys!! Hoping it's Feb for the single, Mar for the album.....if so, some info should start trickling in next month!!

Does anyone else think we will get a Grammy (or even a Super Bowl) appearance of the new song!?

i don’t think she needs to wait until March/April bcz of ASIB getting Oscar nominated - I think she will invite IT to her Oscar party to make up.

13 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Does anyone else think we will get a Grammy (or even a Super Bowl) appearance of the new song!?

i don’t think she needs to wait until March/April bcz of ASIB getting Oscar nominated - I think she will invite IT to her Oscar party to make up.

Gaga will attend Elton Johns as they are friends.

I agree about the Grammys and the BRITs, the timetable looks like it will be the same as RH and the 2 Golden promo spots in Febuary (most likely lead single) and I think a triumphant return to the BRITS stage would be incredible.

I don’t think she will do the SB as Maroon 5 are playing it and I can’t see her being invited as a guest by them.

Just now, bliss94 said:

We need it to be released before leaks.....

I think they were more careful this time. The summer before RH, we were already getting (what turned out to be) accurate descriptions of the demos that would later leak. Now? All we have is potential song names from a whiteboard. Seems like they learned from the whole RH fiasco. 

4 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I think they were more careful this time. The summer before RH, we were already getting (what turned out to be) accurate descriptions of the demos that would later leak. Now? All we have is potential song names from a whiteboard. Seems like they learned from the whole RH fiasco. 

I hope you're right!

30 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

I don't think SB is going to happen......probably for the best this year since Maroon 5 seem to be getting bad press for choosing to participate instead of boycotting in support of Kaepernick. If Madonna did it this year, we'd prob be in for another round of "Madonna is a racist bitch" headlines. 

Would really be amazing if Madonna finally got the Lifetime Achievement award from the Grammy's and performed. Hopefully we'll get aggressive promo as we did for RH.

I know there's been talk around here suggesting she postponed the album because of ASIB. I don't think ASIB was ever nor will ever be a factor in the rollout of this album. 

42 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

They’ve learned.

The album is finishing up and we literally have no idea.

Fantastic.

1 hour ago, FilmGuy1968 said:

Grammys would be perfect.

I think it would be great if the First Single would be released around the holidays with a place holder for the album on iTunes just as last time (so we all buy it!) and than gets promoted in January so the song is already popular before she performs it at the Grammys.

João Ventura, the brazilian musician/pianist that played with Madonna at this year Met Gala, gave an interview and talked about how they met. There's no clues about the new album, but it's nice to see that she rehearsed some old hits with him, so maybe those songs are in her mind for a tour setlist, who knows. I'll share with you the translated interview version:

https://www.tsf.pt/cultura/interior/quem-e-o-homem-dos-contrapontos-a-quem-madonna-telefonou-10191329.html

Asked about how tired he is of repeating the story of how the Queen of Pop contacted him, João Ventura begins to laugh and says "not tired at all". "You can ask that I will tell it all," shouts the musician. "Come on!" I replied. Now, in direct speech: "I was at Tejo Bar in Alfama ... No, I was not at Tejo Bar yet. I tell the story twenty times and you see that I still do not know how to tell it ... João Luís, owner of Tejo Bar and a big friend of mine, called me in the afternoon and said: "Hey Ventura, come here today to the Tejo Bar cuz here is a lady I want you to meet. And I asked, "But who is this lady?" "No, I'm not going to tell you who it is, but you' need to come here and play for her," he replied.

When I got there, the one who was sitting was Madonna. He had invited several musicians from Africa and also from Europe to do a soirée in honor of her. They were all playing music from Cape Verde, from Angola, from France ... At one point he says: "now everybody stop to play because Ventura will play one of his counterpoints." Everybody stopped, including her, and I went to the piano and started playing. I played a counterpoint - Tom Jobim's Insensatez with Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata - but I was not feeling very well that day and I left. I came back another day and he said: "that lady asked for your phone ..." And that's it, the story got kind of forgotten. "Madonna will not call me, will she?" About ten days later, I was in a Chinese store to buy a tupperware or a jacket or something and the phone rings and it says "Private Number". I think it must have been some bill that I did not pay ... When I answered, "Hello" and I hear: "Hi, It's Madonna, how are you?"

God, at that moment I began to shake. I did not tremble to play any counterpoint, but when she said, "Hi, how are you? It's Madonna", that was it ... I had some friends near, I asked what should I do and I said: "Madonna, I'm nervous , I was not expecting your call, I need to breathe a little before I talk to you, can you wait about 30 seconds? "She said she could. She said she liked the contraptions a lot and that she was going to play at an event in New York and that she was dealing with dichotomies, different things, in this case it was between the fashion world and the religious world. She thought that my way of playing, of expressing myself at the piano had everything to do with the event and wanted to know if I wanted to play with her. I did not want to know what day it was, he said, "Of course I can." This was Monday. She said, "On Saturday I want you to come to my house to rehearse, you will make three counterpoints, from today until Saturday, for the songs Frozen, Like a Virgin and Let it Be. Come on Saturday for me to hear those counterpoints."

It take me two months to make a counterpoint, but I did three in four days. I did not sleep, I did not eat, I did not do anything ... I just kept listening to Beethoven, Bach to know what suited Frozen and other songs. I made the three counterpoints and went to her house to rehearse. But it's funny because when you get in front of the Madonna, she's such a sweetheart and so quiet that you get nervous in the first ten seconds and then you relax. She's already ironic with you, playful and everything ... We spent three hours rehearsing, me and her. I touched the first one and she said she did not like it. Then I played the second and she liked it a little more, I played the third one and she liked it too ... Then she said: "Do you know that Leonard Cohen Hallelujah song?" I know. "Would you do a counterpoint now?" Boy, I said like this: "Of course, of course, of course ..." Then I kept thinking: "My God, give me some light." Then came Für Elise from Beethoven to the head and I began to mix the Für Elise and the Hallelujah and she found it super interesting. It was a meeting where, of course, I felt pressured, not by her, perhaps by my head, but the thing flowed so quietly that everything went well! "

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

Yes, very much so. No information has leaked, except for the whiteboard. All the rumours so far have proved false. The security around the recording and production of this album has been very tight, which is as it should be. It just makes the anticipation and build-up to release even more exciting. :tigger:

8 minutes ago, caba1 said:

What's going with Billboard? is he already out of this? we didn't see him again on studio with Lauren and Madge

He was in the studio last month with them.  He probably did his part and let them take over

2 hours ago, jaredbrowning said:

I think the days of her opening the Grammy's might be over 😞

She is a living legend.  I see no reason Madonna would not be opening timber.  They would love to have her, I am sure and the crowd would go nuts.

2 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

uhhhhhh