MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedey

Mother of all horrors: the idea of a joint Madonna and U2 tour

JOKE THREAD

If O$searys instagram picture is anything to go by ...

Well, both have huge, passionate and different fan bases. Could actually work well in a weird way.. The GP love Madonna's music so could work better than we think.  If it happens of course,  which it probably won't. 

Of course it’s pure speculation 

I’ve seen U2 live and their fan base is the most boring vanilla of all 

4 minutes ago, Suedey said:

Of course it’s pure speculation 

I’ve seen U2 live and their fan base is the most boring vanilla of all 

So many men love U2.  My brother,  my exes, relatives and their friends all love them and have seen them live .  Funnily enough,  when I have spoke to them about Madonna, they really like her and know her songs. Madonna really is far more popular and loved than people realize by so much of the GP.    I have asked them their thoughts on Madonna as just always am interested in people that go to concerts and love music - what they think about Madonna.  .  I don't know why more men don't see women live but they just don't.  They prefer to go and see bands and male groups.  They don't know what they are missing, the fools !  

I know too that all of these men I have asked,  all knew stacks of Madonna's music and also they all loved her at the Superbowl.   

I don't know.  I kind of love the idea and don't love it at the same time.    If it happens though,  both Madonna and U2 would have to bring out the hits big time to please the other fanbase.   

It is fun speculating too.  Until we have any concrete news,  it is the way we have to go. 

It would never work U2 and Madonna have very different audiences.

I wouldn’t pay 300 quid for a ticket to see U2 as well but I would for Madonna and I think most Madonna fans would just want a whole Madonna show without joining someone else.

Why Madonna can never be seen in the presence of another musical artist without ridiculous rumors of collaboration starting to circulate? U2 and Madonna will never do a joint tour. Their audience is too different.

Just now, Martin B. said:

Why Madonna can never be seen in the presence of another musical artist without ridiculous rumors of collaboration starting to circulate? U2 and Madonna will never do a joint tour. Their audience is too different.

:lol:  Martin,  I can just see you singing U2 hits such as I still haven't found what I'm looking for,  Beautiful Day and With or without you at the top of your voice and then dancing with gutso and singing to Into the Groove , Like a Prayer and Holiday when Madonna comes on !   

Trying to imagine this !   U2 and Madonna fans united together or something like that. 

25 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:lol:  Martin,  I can just see you singing U2 hits such as I still haven't found what I'm looking for,  Beautiful Day and With or without you at the top of your voice and then dancing with gutso and singing to Into the Groove , Like a Prayer and Holiday when Madonna comes on !   

Trying to imagine this !   U2 and Madonna fans united together or something like that. 

:lol:Personally, I would love it because it would unite 2 of my 3 heros of my teenage years in a same tour but it will still be a bad idea. For having seen the 2 several times in show, the energy of their audience is very different and would not mix well.

By the way,  U2 and Madonna will NEVER do a joint tour. Period.

I d prefer a song rather than a tour. Tour seems like a very dumb idea.

Can't wait for a new live rendition of Candy Shop with Bono tbh

51 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

It's a joke thread okrrr

4 hours ago, Confessit said:

It would never work U2 and Madonna have very different audiences.

Madonna's classics are universally loved so I'm sure that all these U2 fans/GP will pop their bussy if she delivers a GH setlist.  Most of Madonna fans, on the other hand, won't give a shit about U2 though!

It would be a greatest hits extravaganza and I would spend a ridiculous amount of money without even thinking about it.

However, they are two of the biggest touring powerhouses in the music industry and have cemented their legacy as must-see acts, without anyone else’s help.

A joint tour would be a dream come true, but they are better off on their own.

Ew.

1 hour ago, loowee said:

Madonna's classics are universally loved so I'm sure that all these U2 fans/GP will pop their bussy if she delivers a GH setlist.  Most of Madonna fans, on the other hand, won't give a shit about U2 though!

Totally agree. 

It continues to amaze me that U2 continue to sell out the massive venues they do.....but I guess that’s just my taste.

5 hours ago, Suedey said:

It's a joke thread okrrr

:lol:  Kind of fun imaging it though and mucking around about something different.  We need some different kind of Madonna talk while we wait for music. 

PHEW to think what those ticket prices would be. :nervous:

Of course I would go, but... *takes out second mortgage on home*

i would love for M to cover I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

5 minutes ago, TearsInHeaven said:

i would love for M to cover I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Love that song too.  That and With or without you are such great songs.  Also All I want is you.  My favourite U2 songs. 

All mega-stadium dates and billion dollar grossing tour!

49 minutes ago, Magician said:

All mega-stadium dates and billion dollar grossing tour!

I could see the wheels in Guy O's head turning as he took that picture :lmao:

it would be huge and talked about everywhere but no..as a teenager u2 was my favourite band but what have they done for the last two decades? except winning those Grammies for records nobody likes

am I the only one who doesn't like U2's music? except for maybe Blinding Lights.. they're a little too vanilla.. like they make the type of music they know people will like but don't reach that special something that gives me shivers which I always look for I music.. I only know the hits though... that said, they're better than Coldplay of course.

13 minutes ago, Nikki said:

am I the only one who doesn't like U2's music? except for maybe Blinding Lights.. they're a little too vanilla.. like they make the type of music they know people will like but don't reach that special something that gives me shivers which I always look for I music.. I only know the hits though... that said, they're better than Coldplay of course.

The music they have produced since the beginning of the century unfortunately fits your description, but in the  80s and 90s they were an innovative and committed band that made landmark albums. I was a huge fan at the time, but I don't even listen to their new albums for the last 15 years more than once because they are a parody of the band they have been. Their creativity left around 2001 and never came back.

2 hours ago, Martin B. said:

The music they have produced since the beginning of the century unfortunately fits your description, but in the  80s and 90s they were an innovative and committed band that made landmark albums. I was a huge fan at the time, but I don't even listen to their new albums for the last 15 years more than once because they are a parody of the band they have been. Their creativity left around 2001 and never came back.

I never listen to their later albums at all. I quite like most of the first four albums and Achtung Baby.

Of course, they have other good music. I'm just not as familiar with it. 

Take my money! I would so be here for that, though I have my doubts it could ever work. 

I actually think this could work. There are many out there that are fans of 80's music in general so having two of the biggest acts from that time touring together would be HUGE no matter if they don't necessarily do the same type of music. At the end of the day both U2 and Madonna have created some brilliant pop songs that have withstood the test of time. Also, both acts are known for their live spectacles so that in itself would attract people. I do think Madonna would have to suck it up and do a predominately greatest hits type of setlist though. 

I think Madonna, U2 and Springsteen really are the only acts from that era that are still able to go on massive world tours that rake in hundreds of millions of dollars every time so putting two of those major acts together in a co-headline tour would be absolutely massive. A Madonna/U2 tour would probably be the highest grossing tour of all time. Remember when Prince died, Guy O said he had run the idea by him of he and Madonna doing a tour together? I think Prince said something like "the world isn't ready for that"?? So, until I heard that, I thought a co-headline tour with Madonna and someone else would be unfathomable but after hearing that, who knows what the future holds? I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it though. Not that I'd want a Madonna/Culture Club, Madonna/Human League, Madonna/Cyndi Lauper type tours....lol (although I'd go to ALL of those too) but acts that are nearly on the same level as her like Prince or U2?? Hell yeah! I'd be so down for that!

U2 might continue to be a huge touring act but they are not legends in the field like Madonna.

I don’t think U2 are the same to rock music that Madonna is to pop music.

It wouldn’t be a good match.