The disappearance of Saudi Journalist

Jazzy Jan

This is an absolute disgrace.  Saudi Arabia should be held accountable for this and made to reveal all.  I suspect that yet again they will be excused and things swept under the rug.  Just as they treat women like dirt and are excused for that and even have Ivanka Trump going there talking about respect for women.  

But Jazzy, think About the milions of Jobs that will be lost when you stop doing Business with dictatorships. So So sad. 

I can only speak for Germany and the truth is, no one will lose his/her Job when they stop doing Business with certain parties, unless stopping Business completely. And I would like to believe in most of the so called 1st world countries, the Situation is the same, Businesses can't afford to let any staff members go because they may have to shut down production because there is simply no qualified workforce available anymore or no one is willing to work in certain industries (retail, hospitality etc.) because they pay so low wages, that they have to hire students or lease staff (which funnily enough Costs them way more Money then hire someone full time and pay them properly). 

OMG !! 

I was just reading the news this morning where they talk about the recording of the assassination. This is just insane. Absolutely frightening. Such a disgrace indeed.

Petrol rules the world. Saudi Arabia is definitely one of the worst country. They have so much power and can do whaterver they want without being condemned by their allies. 
During 9/11, 15 of the 19 terrorists were citizens of Saudi Arabia. No one said anything. :banghead:

Salah Muhammad al-Tubaigy, a Saudi military forensics official,is reportedly heard putting on headphones to listen to music as he begins to dismember the body, and encourages other people in the room to do the same.

According to Middle East Eye, Khashoggi was dragged from the office to Otaibi’s study next door, where Tubaigy began cutting up his body on a table while he was still alive.

45 minutes ago, runa said:

OMG !! 

I was just reading the news this morning where they talk about the recording of the assassination. This is just insane. Absolutely frightening. Such a disgrace indeed.

Petrol rules the world. Saudi Arabia is definitely one of the worst country. They have so much power and can do whaterver they want without being condemned by their allies. 
During 9/11, 15 of the 19 terrorists were citizens of Saudi Arabia. No one said anything. :banghead:

They will get away with it They will say what Trump speculated, couple of guards went rogue. 

Its so disgusting 

What is just as infuriating and really makes me lose faith in humanity is the fact so many could not care less.  Went out tonight with 4 friends for a meal  and briefly the topic turned to politics.  They were not remotely interested in this story so felt like I was talking to myself and gave up.  Not going to talk to people or bore them about things that obviously don't remotely interest them.  They did however talk about Harry and Megan touring Australia in detail for at least half an hour   People just want feel good stories about celebrities and most don't even want to know about current affairs.  Sad but true. 

O'h and Trump's response was just as imagined.  The money changing hands between America and Saudi Arabia is far more important than a journalist getting killed.  It is a complete reflection of how this world works and it stinks to High Heaven. 

32 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

They did however talk about Harry and Megan touring Australia in detail for at least half an hour   People just want feel good stories about celebrities and most don't even want to know about current affairs.  Sad but true. 

I saw on the news about them touring Australia with the usual oddballs dribbling over them. What I didn't see was reporting of the polls showing that the majority of Aussies would like to become a republic and aren't interested in these parasites. Same old establishment agenda on the "news".

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

I saw on the news about them touring Australia with the usual oddballs dribbling over them. What I didn't see was reporting of the polls showing that the majority of Aussies would like to become a republic and aren't interested in these parasites. Same old establishment agenda on the "news".

It is the typical debate as well.  Republicans are called "elites" which is kind of hilarious in itself ( in a bad way ).  I don't get how the word "elite"  is thrown around so much by conservatives who basically adore the true elites of the world.   Having any interest in politics apparently makes people elite.  Does this happen in other countries or is it just an expression used in Australia to weirdly put down anyone who has any form of interest in politics or world events ? 

I know I am digressing but again it just shocks me that many intelligent people with compassion etc have no interest in world events such as this journalist going missing.  I think that maybe they want to stay ignorant because it is so upsetting but I don't really know.   

51 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It is the typical debate as well.  Republicans are called "elites" which is kind of hilarious in itself ( in a bad way ).  I don't get how the word "elite"  is thrown around so much by conservatives who basically adore the true elites of the world.   Having any interest in politics apparently makes people elite.  Does this happen in other countries or is it just an expression used in Australia to weirdly put down anyone who has any form of interest in politics or world events ? 

I know I am digressing but again it just shocks me that many intelligent people with compassion etc have no interest in world events such as this journalist going missing.  I think that maybe they want to stay ignorant because it is so upsetting but I don't really know.   

Well by creating a culture denigrating people who have an interest in politics, it's a good way to put people off becoming informed, asking questions etc.

I've noticed a huge swell of interest in politics in the last 5 years or so with the independence referendum, Brexit, and this current UK govt laying waste to the most vulnerable in society in a way not seen for decades. Of course it would suit them (and their media lackeys) to feed us a diet of royal weddings and royal babies and all that shit.  

Those who fall for it are just plain ignorant.

It is been really interesting how the BBC has been covering this issue. For the past two months I listen every day to the BBC World Service radio and I love the reports they do and how every day give new updates on different issues in the world that for other media start and finish the same day. I don't know if the regular BBC there in UK was reporting too! 

Regarding Saudi Arabia, I have no words. How ALL the Western countries are licking their asses. Democratic and elected governments go there to shake hands and make business with that worrible Dictatorship... no words. Here in Spain we sail lots of guns and arms, there's reports that tell that those very arms end up in Islamic State bands, and yet the sale keeps going. 

By the way, I watched a bit of Channel 4 this morning (I discovered I can watch some news through an app in my tv) and there was some report on bullying and harrassement in the House of Commons there! I had no idea, but what they were telling was horrible! How can it be possible? 

32 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It is been really interesting how the BBC has been covering this issue. For the past two months I listen every day to the BBC World Service radio and I love the reports they do and how every day give new updates on different issues in the world that for other media start and finish the same day. I don't know if the regular BBC there in UK was reporting too! 

Regarding Saudi Arabia, I have no words. How ALL the Western countries are licking their asses. Democratic and elected governments go there to shake hands and make business with that worrible Dictatorship... no words. Here in Spain we sail lots of guns and arms, there's reports that tell that those very arms end up in Islamic State bands, and yet the sale keeps going. 

Well this evening's main National BBC news was, literally -

1. Tough talking Theresa May arrives at Brexit Summit (go Treeza!)

2. Commuter chaos in London as a train breaks down (yes this is national UK news)

3. Scandal as some Just Eat restaurants get a zero rating for hygiene ( fascinating)

4. Rich guy pulls out of buying Wembley Stadium (haud me back)

5. England cricket scores (my life is complete)

So, no, BBC World Service, the remit of which is to provide news to those outwith the UK rather than in it, doesn't really compare.

30 minutes ago, karbatal said:

By the way, I watched a bit of Channel 4 this morning (I discovered I can watch some news through an app in my tv) and there was some report on bullying and harrassement in the House of Commons there! I had no idea, but what they were telling was horrible! How can it be possible? 

But watch any debate from the House of Commons and that's the whole essence of the place. Braying and shouting and insulting each other like it's a school playground, coupled with ancient and antiquated customs that no one is in any hurry to reform. The Tories have it in for the Speaker as he's quite tough on them and sympathetic to backbenchers, so this 'complaint' which is disguised as being about general standards of propriety but is in fact about him himself, is really just a fudge to get rid of him and get him replaced.

The BBC World Service has been such a great surprise for me. Just today I listened to a one-hour-long report on the opioid crisis in the USA, such a great report. They spoke with families, with helpers, with victims... Other times the report is about some African country. For example, it was the BBC that discovered that the recent atrocity of soldiers killing a pregnant woman was in fact Cameroon. And all this past month they've been doing really interesting reports on the economic crisis, after 10 years of the Lehman Brothers crash. Reports on the situation in countries such as Iceland, or what happened to people who lost their home in the USA, a debate where people from different EU countries where invited... 

Of course, I listen to this service as entertainment, so I am not sure if they really inform well in a day-to-day basis. 

And about the House of Commons, precisely one of the MPs denounced yesterday how they are using politcally the situation. Exactly what you say. 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

The BBC World Service has been such a great surprise for me. Just today I listened to a one-hour-long report on the opioid crisis in the USA, such a great report. They spoke with families, with helpers, with victims... Other times the report is about some African country. For example, it was the BBC that discovered that the recent atrocity of soldiers killing a pregnant woman was in fact Cameroon. And all this past month they've been doing really interesting reports on the economic crisis, after 10 years of the Lehman Brothers crash. Reports on the situation in countries such as Iceland, or what happened to people who lost their home in the USA, a debate where people from different EU countries where invited... 

No, none of that is reported on the main BBC news (which is what everyone watches) It's very rare to get any world news that doesn't involve the USA, occasionally Russia or some propaganda piece about Syrian chemical attacks or such nonsense. The 24hr BBC news channel will have specific programming for world news etc but that's a limited audience.

13 hours ago, runa said:

OMG !! 

👍

And they keep pumping money into this dictatorship. It makes zero sense whatsoever, except it does once you understand the real agenda of the Western world. Saudi Arabia and Gulf countries, Israel, the US and its toxic ties with them, the support and protection they receive from the British Royal Family, the Vatican, the all time worst.

Meanwhile they want you to believe that Assad is bad because Syria stands in the middle in their little game against the rising power of the East of the world. Give me a fucking break. Look what's going on in Yemen, yet nobody is talking about it

People need to wake up as fast as they can and realise what's actually going on in the world. AL Qaeda and ISIS are tools to serve a purpose, and it is not the purpose of some disgruntled loner fanatic group. They are and have been too well funded and strategically placed to begin with. Divide et Impera. Old Roman Empire tricks

45 minutes ago, Magician said:

The corruption that goes on regarding Saudi Arabia makes my blood run cold.  They are excused for everything because they do deals with oil and weapons that favour the USA.  Seeing that Barbie Doll Stepford wife Ivanka Trump with her father in Saudi Arabia talking of women's rights was one of the most hypocritical revolting things she has done.  The way women are treated in Saudi Arabia is an extreme violation of human rights but does the Western world care ?   Does Ivanka care ?  Does the world care when gay people, women and people of different faith are killed and tortured in Saudi Arabia ?   No because money speaks all languages and they value money over human lives and human rights.  They will trot out with glee that women can now drive as if they are going to move in the right direction.  Yipee - what a crock of garbage. 

A journalist working for the Washington Post was savagely murdered in the Saudi consulate but their denial will be accepted completely and this will not become an issue to be investigated.  Trump will say it is more important to retain the relationship with Saudi Arabia.  Also notice how Saudi Arabia was not on his travel ban despite most of the terrorist groups coming from that country.   Sickening. 

• 4 weeks later...