Madonna featured on Quavo track 'Champagne Rosé'

BatBro

Guest NewYorkCam

I've got to listen to it more to decide how much I like it .. feels like a grower for sure - and I'm just excited to have a new song with Madonna before the end of the year .. it's such a weird, hypnotic track - I don't hate it!

Only Madonna is able to make me digest a genre i always despised lol

I don't know how i would feel with a whole new album of this though. As long as it's just a fun featuring i'm fine.

Guest NewYorkCam

http://www.vulture.com/2018/10/quavos-new-album-quavo-huncho-is-out-now.html

Quavo’s New Album, Quavo Huncho, Is Here, Featuring Cardi B, Madonna, Drake, and More

Kanye West’s bizarre West Wing antics might have dominated the news of the day, but Migos’s Quavo is here to serve you a well-earned night call, releasing his new Quavo Huncho album a few hours before its expected October 12 drop.

Last week, Quavo revealed the album’s cover art, which raised many questions, with its fantasy vibe (read: Quavo’s face framed by creepy tree branches, a bird of prey, and two dragons). While we don’t have many answers to what inspired that aesthetic yet, we do have a 19-song album, which includes the three songs he dropped in August, “Lamb Talk,” “Bubblegum,” and “Workin Me,” as well as features from Cardi B and Madonna (on a song titled, “Champagne Rosé”), Drake, 21 Savage, Travis Scott, and more.

The whole album clocks in at a little over an hour, which is hopefully just long enough for you to fall asleep and dream about Cardi, Madonna, and Quavo sipping sparkling pink wine while cutting their track. Please fill my cup, too.

20 minutes ago, dubtronic said:

I made a Madonna Edit of the Song:

Madonna - CHAMPAGNE ROSÉ (Edit).mp3
https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/ftKmXSAK/file.html

Let's not stop people from buying or streaming the original it'll be nice to have her in the charts again if done officially 

29 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

It's not her album, are you blind?

You bitches wanted her to be out there between albums? This is how it's done nowadays, get with the programme!

Amen! This is Quavo’s album not Madonna’s, why on earth people think this has anything to do with the sound of HER new album is beyond me...and exactly as you say, her featuring on this is a fun way to hear her in a different style of music without having this be the sound of her own. 

Madonna is listed as one of the songwriters on Wikipedia (which, unlike Spotify etc., also lists Cardi B - clearly, the Spotify etc. credits aren't full credits and probably only cover the backing track and Quavo's parts, not Madonna and Cardi B's).

I, like many, thought that 2018 was now going to become one of the very few years in which Madonna hasn't released anything musical.  Very glad to be proven wrong!  As for the song itself, Madonna's hook is a massive ear worm...!  How does she continue to do it over 35 years into her career??!!  Is Quavo big enough in the US to score multiple Top 10s on the week of release due to massive streams?  The Drake, Travis Scott and Madonna/Cardi B collaborations seem to be the most popular.  It would be a very nice surprise to see a track featuring Madonna in the Top 10 in 2018.  It's much better than a lot of the stuff that has been in the Top 10 this year...

She can release whatever she wants most of you will like it. It’s just crap, not the song, but her vocals. Sounds like a 8 years old singing for the first time in her life recorded on a phone.

3 minutes ago, DanM said:

She can release whatever she wants most of you will like it. It’s just crap, not the song, but her vocals. Sounds like a 8 years old singing for the first time in her life recorded on a phone.

you haven't part of this forum for a long time to say that.

54 minutes ago, Stereo said:

If this is her new direction, im out.

sorry, but this is crap.

I bought it and it's now on heavy rotation ! 

11 minutes ago, Carta said:

Madonna is listed as one of the songwriters on Wikipedia (which, unlike Spotify etc., also lists Cardi B - clearly, the Spotify etc. credits aren't full credits and probably only cover the backing track and Quavo's parts, not Madonna and Cardi B's)....

Carta, now I KNOW you aren't the type to cite WIKIPEDIA as a genuine source for anything...so don't start now.

51 minutes ago, dubtronic said:

I made a Madonna Edit of the Song:

Madonna - CHAMPAGNE ROSÉ (Edit).mp3
https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/ftKmXSAK/file.html

Thank you. dubtronic to the rescue again :clap:

Madonna's part sounds cute, just wish it was for another artist. 

Are people seriously debating whether madonna wrote those lyrics or not :lmao:

I mean listen to them, who cares?! It’s not exactly deep songwriting. Just enjoy it...or don’t, if that’s your prerogative. 

10 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Madonna is not credited on Tidal either. 

Is Cardi B?  She would absolutely have written her own rap, so should have a credit.

2 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Are people seriously debating whether madonna wrote those lyrics or not :lmao:

I mean listen to them, who cares?! It’s not exactly deep songwriting. Just enjoy it...or don’t, if that’s your prerogative. 

You dont seem to like any sort of debate strictmachine.

I for one would be delighted to find out for certain that Madonna did nothing here but send in her vox (recorded one night on her iphone while pished on pink champers) 

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

You dont seem to like any sort of debate strictmachine.

I for one would be delighted to find out for certain that Madonna did nothing here but send in her vox (recorded one night on her iphone while pished on pink champers) 

And I am utterly convinced that none other than her could come up with the simple brilliance of these lyrics, all the while giggling away as she polished off a bottle of Krug rosé sitting on her bathroom floor at 4am...