Anti Gay Referendum Romania is Janet Jackson Sized Flop

acko

A3Z5ZOWKFAI6RLIKBYA67OR4YE.jpg

BUCHAREST, Romania — The Latest on Romania’s vote to change the definition of marriage (all times local):

Polls have closed in Romania after two days of voting on a constitutional amendment that would make it harder to legalize same-sex marriage.

But the weekend referendum to redefine marriage failed to attract large numbers of voters and risks being voided.

Elections authorities said voter turnout stood at just below 19 percent two hours before polls closed Sunday. The referendum needs a 30 percent turnout to be valid.

The proposed amendment would change the definition of family in Romania’s Constitution to make marriage a union between a man and a woman instead of between “spouses.”

Same-sex marriage is already illegal in Romania. Final voter turnout is expected later Sunday and early results Monday.

What is wrong with these bigots ?  Wanting a referendum to make it even harder for gay marriage to be legalised in Romania. Talk about living in the dark ages.  Glad Romanians did not bother supporting their bigotry. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 3:46 PM, runa said:

The church there is so strong - religion is really a plague

You can thank communism for oppressing religion for 50 years .Of course it would come back stronger

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Yes, communism was so gay friendly... :rotfl:

That’s not the point. Sotos8 is right, all the oppressed religious sentiments would totally erupt and take over, especially when people are used to ‘guidance’ and ideologies. 

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

That’s not the point. Sotos8 is right, all the oppressed religious sentiments would totally erupt and take over, especially when people are used to ‘guidance’ and ideologies. 

I'm not sure.

Imo the brand new religious feelings but the construction of male and female ideals in Slavic cultures. Homophobia is Eastern Europe doesn't come from the orthodox church, even though that church is homophobic. It goes back further I think.

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

No. 

It's not the brand new religious feelings but the construction of male and female ideals in Slavic cultures. Homophobia is Eastern Europe doesn't come from the orthodox church, even though that church is homophobic. It goes back further.

That’s true.

But the argument was that religion has a strong appeal and fundamental control over people because it’s been oppressed for a very long time and as far as I’m concerned that’s exactly the dynamic that applies. Not the only one, of course. And it’s not the question whether or not religion is the only source of homophobia, which it isn’t as you have already pointed out. 

I dont think Romania and Bulgaria are that religious. The communist repression didnt bring religious abundance. But BG is very homophobic, I thought RO is too, but they surprised me.

9 minutes ago, elijah said:

I dont think Romania and Bulgaria are that religious. The communist repression didnt bring religious abundance. But BG is very homophobic, I thought RO is too, but they surprised me.

Millions of Romanians have come back to their homes and surely have something better to do than demostrating against gays! They prefer demonstrating against corruption, to be honest.

10 hours ago, karbatal said:

I'm not sure.

Imo the brand new religious feelings but the construction of male and female ideals in Slavic cultures. Homophobia is Eastern Europe doesn't come from the orthodox church, even though that church is homophobic. It goes back further I think.

the church is homophobic but church's representatives are not ,if you know what i mean..