MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedey

KATE BUSH'S ENTIRE DISCOGRAPHY TO BE REMASTERED & REISSUED

Kate Bush’s entire back catalog will be reissued on vinyl and CD in November.

Many of Bush’s albums have been unavailable on vinyl for at least a decade. Not only that, but the archival campaign marks the “first (and definitive) programme of remastering and includes the release of many rarities and cover versions on vinyl and CD for the first time,” according to a press release.

Bush personally remastered each album herself with assistance from James Guthrie (Pink Floyd).

The reissues will be packaged in four distinct vinyl boxes and released in two waves. The first two box sets are due out on November 16th, with the latter two sets following November 30th. Specifically, the fourth box is made up of rarities previously unreleased on vinyl, including an entire disc of cover versions. Pre-orders are now ongoing.

The exact content of each box set are as follows:

Vinyl Box Set 1 (out Nov. 16th): The Kick Inside, Lionheart, Never For Ever, and The Dreaming

Vinyl Box Set 2 (out Nov. 16th): Hounds of Love, The Sensual World, and The Red Shoes

Vinyl Box Set 3 (out Nov. 30th): Aerial, Director’s Cut, and 50 Words for Snow

Vinyl Box Set 4 (out Nov. 30th): 12″ Mixes, The Other Side 1, The Other Side 2, and In Others’ Words

:wow:

as long as there r no stupid 'director's cuts' :censored:

I don't know much about Kate Bush's material but I'm interested! Her releases look very interesting...

1 hour ago, acko said:

as long as there r no stupid 'director's cuts' :censored:

Doesn't sound like it!!

Quite pricey though and I'm so over the vinyl phase. I will probably only get the CD box 1. 

I ordered the CD boxes - I still have the original vinyls from back in the days 🙂

It's something when even this notoriously lazy old trout is getting in on the remastered/reissued act.

4 hours ago, Suedey said:

I'm so over the vinyl phase.

Worra shocker.

i love when an artist does their OWN remastering.  

My fave example is Prince doing the remastering of the Purple Rain album that wasnt recently re-released - sounds wonderful to my ears!

I really want this! But I'm actually wondering if it is worth spending on it or not. We'll see. But awesome!

That fish people 'artwork' looks horrendous.

55 minutes ago, acko said:

That fish people 'artwork' looks horrendous.

I know.

I think I will only get CD Box 1. 

13 hours ago, pourhomme80 said:

Not always a good thing. I mean when she went back and did that Director's Cut bullshit she actually ruined those two albums...

I wished she would release a new album instead of re-releasing old material.

In 2011 she did both...let’s see if we’ll get a new album as well down the road. 

I’m not into Kate Bush music, but I appreciate when artists put effort into their remastered reissues! 

It’s a perfect gift to long time fans & an attention grabber for potential newer fans. 

23 hours ago, pourhomme80 said:

I don't. That's what experts are for.

51 minutes ago, Kim said:

I don't. That's what experts are for.

Experts on what? Technicians offer up an opinion about how something sounds equivalent to the artist themselves. I wouldn't want Madonna handling the knobs on her own material because she's not that kind of recording artist. But Bjork, Prince, Kate Bush and musicians like them could and I'm fine with it.

25 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

Experts on what? Technicians offer up an opinion about how something sounds equivalent to the artist themselves. I wouldn't want Madonna handling the knobs on her own material because she's not that kind of recording artist. But Bjork, Prince, Kate Bush and musicians like them could and I'm fine with it.

Why wouldn't Madonna b able 2 do that? She's been making records most of her adult life, she lived through the transition from analogue 2 digital. She has a fuck of a lot more experience than someone like Kate Bush. I find that remark rather pedantic. As for Prince, he has released some atrocious sounding shit on his own, so....

kate-bush-vinyl-box-1.jpg?quality=80&w=7

This looks promising!

Was hoping to get those four + Hounds of Love on vinyl after recently picking up her brother's book which I thought was beautiful

CRSBiNaWcAE3HK0.png

32 minutes ago, acko said:

She has a fuck of a lot more experience than someone like Kate Bush. I find that remark rather pedantic.

Kate Bush is a traditional musician. No singing over prerecorded demos.

1 minute ago, erotica blu said:

Kate Bush is a traditional musician. No singing over prerecorded demos.

That has nothing 2 with cutting a record tho. But I get it, 'the whole serious musician' thing vs. the pop slut :yawn:

19 minutes ago, acko said:

That has nothing 2 with cutting a record tho. But I get it, 'the whole serious musician' thing vs. the pop slut :yawn:

Don't be mad at me. :kiss2:

On a side note: has M ever recorded an entire album on analog? I know LaV and everything onward was recorded digitally - dunno about the first album though. 

56 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

On a side note: has M ever recorded an entire album on analog? I know LaV and everything onward was recorded digitally - dunno about the first album though. 

I believe True Blue and I think I'm Breathless

I want this!!!

10 hours ago, erotica blu said:

Don't be mad at me. :kiss2:

Hussy please :kiss2:

Never.

12 hours ago, coco said:

I believe True Blue and I think I'm Breathless

True Blue? Never known that. Thank you for the info. The album does sound superb on vinyl. 

1 hour ago, Cyber-Raga said:

True Blue? Never known that. Thank you for the info. The album does sound superb on vinyl. 

Yes I'm quite sure True Blue was, that album raises the bar pretty high when it comes to sound 

LAV would have been analogue too if it wasn't for Nile Rodgers making it one of the first albums recorded digitally

Will there be any additional tracks? Like Under The Ivy etc?

23 hours ago, erotica blu said:

Oh so you're picking and choosing who should and shouldn't do their own remastering?

A skilled engineer can make a recording sound the best it possibly can with or without input from the original artist. In the case of 'with', the temptation to be revisionist is often too much to resist, sometimes with horrifying results - and/or them just not having a clue what they're doing. Naming no names.